Author Topic: Power lift meet  (Read 13255 times)

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
Power lift meet
« on: March 29, 2016, 04:16:08 PM »
Im doing a short notice small powerlift meet for fun in 4 weeks wanted to know what any of your big 3 numbers are and body weight to see how bad I'm gonna get smoked???? Like I said it's for fun but I'm gonna lift the best i can do. I don't train specifically  for the big 3 lifts but they are a staple in my training regimen I'm gonna be around 225 the day of and shooting for 450 BP 550 DL and squat idk I will try 500 for a triple in the morning, people are getting on to me for going to low with my squat and just break the parallel level but fuck I'm used to getting low I got 3 weeks to see if I can stop it at that level no briefs no straps only shit I'll use is knee wraps and a belt... like I said for fun. But would like to know what get Biggers are moving weight wise

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Power lift meet
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 08:19:33 PM »
4 weeks? Just go have fun. Lol
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 07:41:19 AM »
Just go have fun, and be sure you know the ref's signals.

My sq/bp/dl currently? 0/0/585ish. Busted knees, multiple pec tears. :( Could maybe squat 335 for a single without training legs, similar or a bit more on bench (if nothing tears). In short: I've moved on to other pursuits. Nothing wrong with PL, I was just an idiot with my training.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 12:58:56 PM »
Your bench will be awesome. People will wonder why your so weak on the squat and pull.
sept 10th APF

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 02:42:36 AM »
I am capable of more on the squat also I rarely train heasy so i spent the last month get used to the heavy loads. Bench Press was over shot lol with that 'pause' itll.max out around 425.
Squat and DL are weaker because I never powerlift or training. Anything below 8 reps still havvnt got a max on them. This will b fun.im not training next week besides cardio I easily
 hit all my openers this week and the meet is next Saturday. So I atleast feel prepared. The squat maybe up to about 6 plates if I can probably for my 3rd lift at the meet.

herefortheglitter

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 09:57:52 AM »
4 weeks? Just go have fun. Lol

What would you say is average time to train leading up to the meet? I want to compete this summer, it will be my first meet.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 10:25:17 AM »
12wks 3 phases the wk of the meet no training.
sept 10th APF