Author Topic: Getbig Updates - new look - ideas - and updating other items  (Read 44713 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Love the new look of the board!
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2020, 11:25:43 AM »
And you’re a LOT 2 MUCH OF A WORTHLESS ASSHOLE.

With regard to your “relationship “ with sleezerman, I know two people who spend / spent plenty of time behind those doors with him. Now, just so you know - he just called you a dumb, wannabe,  “N” . He does not do so consistently- at least that is the info I wa# told.

J

So what if he does???  Everyone talks behind closed doors but since I've not heard anything of the sort which would have been leaked out a long time ago like PJ masterbating on camera, I honestly have to cast doubt on it.  In any event, I'm too busy to care
A

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2020, 11:41:34 AM »

So what if he does???  Everyone talks behind closed doors but since I've not heard anything of the sort which would have been leaked out a long time ago like PJ masterbating on camera, I honestly have to cast doubt on it.  In any event, I'm too busy to care

I was fucking with you - showing you what an asshole can be. I’ve always supported your posts and you, so why do you have to come off like a child. Could have been a postgrad giving thanks to Ron.

I think Singerman is a POS,  but I doubt he would say that about anyone. Last thing he needs is that associated with him as he gets ready to do his stint.

J

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Getbig - Upgrades Over The Weekend and Thoughts
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2020, 11:48:06 AM »
This is the usual, but yes, I like the light yellow and other features, etc - but first, gotta get the correct DNS, etc with this - hard drive was updated too, two types, extra storage, with 7 million posts, etc - was close to capacity. 

Once it is stabalized, can play with things.

And yes, I am craving some Orange Chicken.... maybe tonight - otherwise, it will be BJ's Brewery Pizza and Grill, or Stonefire Grill .... depending on family (I can get outvoted)

Are you fan of PF Changs?  Their spicy chicken and Mongolian beef are pretty good.

Thanks for all your hard work!

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2020, 11:50:45 AM »
It is possible for users to change to a different background including the yellow one (although it doesnt look exactly the same) however when I did this line got screwed:

Home Help Search Profile My Message Logout

Only My Messages was visible.

So I wouldnt recommend it as of now as you might not be able to click on Profile to make changes.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2020, 11:53:37 AM »
I was fucking with you - showing you what an asshole can be. I’ve always supported your posts and you, so why do you have to come off like a child. Could have been a postgrad giving thanks to Ron. I think Singerman is a POS,  but I doubt he would say that about anyone. Last thing he needs is that associated with him as he gets ready to do his stint.

J

Aaron would not do that.  I just talked to Aaron Singerman yesterday for 20+ minutes on the phone. I have known him a long time. 

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2020, 11:55:31 AM »
Badly needs .png and .jpeg extensions supported for uploading pictures.The amount of times ive tried on mobile and not made a post because i didnt have time to convert.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2020, 12:07:24 PM »
Badly needs .png and .jpeg extensions supported for uploading pictures.The amount of times ive tried on mobile and not made a post because i didnt have time to convert.

It's easiest now to use a host and paste the link.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2020, 12:12:44 PM »
It is possible for users to change to a different background including the yellow one (although it doesnt look exactly the same) however when I did this line got screwed:

Home Help Search Profile My Message Logout

Only My Messages was visible.

So I wouldnt recommend it as of now as you might not be able to click on Profile to make changes.

Not yet, because those themes are not for this version.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
Re: Getbig Upgrades - Love the new look of the board!
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2020, 12:19:34 PM »
Yeah the board is "better" but the old one was so god damn old, it was becoming retro and attractive in its own way. In a weird way, I'm definitely going to miss it!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2020, 12:31:23 PM »
Great New look Ron... Thanks for setting this up.

I'd be remiss if I didn't ask... This still doesn't work with Tapatalk right? And no mobile view?  Sorry, I had to ask 😁

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2020, 12:38:24 PM »
I loved the way it looked before, this is very strange to me.But as long as we are up and running I’m happy.Getbig is my escape place.hahahah.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2020, 01:19:41 PM »
I like the classic look of yellow, and the original feel, which will come back.  BUT - there will be other themes, so you can choose which one you like for more modern, or more hardcore, whatever.

Right now, we are just working to make sure everything is stabalized among other things

Yes! Thank you Ron.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2020, 01:42:20 PM »
It's easiest now to use a host and paste the link.

problem with pasting links, is they tend to disappear after a few years, leaving threads with tons of dead links.So easy now to download pictures on phone then upload them.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2020, 01:50:27 PM »
This is the usual, but yes, I like the light yellow and other features, etc - but first, gotta get the correct DNS, etc with this - hard drive was updated too, two types, extra storage, with 7 million posts, etc - was close to capacity. 

Once it is stabalized, can play with things.

And yes, I am craving some Orange Chicken.... maybe tonight - otherwise, it will be BJ's Brewery Pizza and Grill, or Stonefire Grill .... depending on family (I can get outvoted)
Nice of the Alpha to allow the family to have a say in what's for dinner. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2020, 02:35:16 PM »
I had a forum that looked a bit like this.
https://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?action=download;lemma=2617;id=15832;image

Maybe it would be too dark for the Spirit of Getbig.

One thing is certain though, we should have IronMeister do the Banner up top!

Maybe the infamous Tbombz mirror-pic could be implemented there

Do you Getbiggers prefer the Yellow we had on the old Boards , or want something new?
Q

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2020, 03:56:01 PM »
Great New look Ron... Thanks for setting this up.

I'd be remiss if I didn't ask... This still doesn't work with Tapatalk right? And no mobile view?  Sorry, I had to ask 😁

Perhaps soon - Youtube should be working back now, and then a different theme, plus other added items, etc

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2020, 06:19:27 PM »
Ron any chance of making the text 5% larger and the background hue slightly less blue/purple.

Great job on the speedy upgrade btw. When MD did theirs it was down for like a week.

Roast Beef Pecs

• Getbig III
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2020, 08:03:00 PM »
I like it too but you still can’t post pics from your phone
Sure you can, chief

TTfit

• Getbig III
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2020, 08:35:02 PM »
Old board for the win. This is like every other board out there.

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2020, 08:52:42 PM »
The latest one sucks bad. The one from few hours ago was ok,cause it functioned like the old one.

In this one you can not see the whole pic straight up,it's concealed and you have to move left/right. That kills the experience

Also,the threads I posted in are not marked.

The worst for me however is the lack of option for browsing through Who's online. I used to view random interesting topics from the last 10 years,was great.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2020, 11:09:16 PM »
Sure you can, chief

Looks kind of like tres taco? Handsome beast

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2020, 11:34:44 PM »
Looks kind of like tres taco? Handsome beast

Tres Taco posting from his phone!
Q

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2020, 01:37:46 AM »
Is there a way to turn off mobile theme? I want mine back the old way but can’t find the option thanks

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2020, 02:38:22 AM »
The latest one sucks bad. The one from few hours ago was ok,cause it functioned like the old one.

In this one you can not see the whole pic straight up,it's concealed and you have to move left/right. That kills the experience

Also,the threads I posted in are not marked.

The worst for me however is the lack of option for browsing through Who's online. I used to view random interesting topics from the last 10 years,was great.

Agree fucking hate the mobile theme also some pics are stretched/skewed.

I also liked being able to see who the last post was in a thread to decide if it was worth the effort opening it example of last post was by roast beef pecs or dearth can save yourself time and effort by not opening.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2020, 07:51:06 AM »
Is there a way to turn off mobile theme? I want mine back the old way but can’t find the option thanks
Yeah I was trying to look at getbig on my phone yesterday and it's all wonky.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!