Author Topic: WWE MONEY IN THE BANK 2021  (Read 2417 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
WWE MONEY IN THE BANK 2021
« on: July 18, 2021, 04:48:54 PM »
I don't think there will be any cash-ins tonight. But, I'll make some picks.

WWE Universal Heavyweight Championship: Roman Reigns (c) vs. Edge - I said months ago that this was a lame main event for WrestleMania. Now, they make it the main event here. Egde is supposedly MAD that he didn't get a one-on-one match with Reigns at 'Mania. Not to mention that Reigns and Heyman have made hey (and T-Shirts) out of the "Smash 'em; stack 'em; pin 'em" line, referring to how Reigns beat him and Bryan simultaneously to keep his blue belt.

Edge has come back to use crossfaces with a piece of a chair on both Usos and Reigns himself. He even has the Mysterios to help him with the numbers game. It's building up to appear that Edge FINALLY has the formula to decapitate the "Head of The Table". But.....NOT TODAY!! I'm sticking with the Tribal Chief. And I smell a (sort of) UPSET SPECIAL! THE RETURN OF DANIEL BRYAN. Edge cost Bryan the title at Fastlane. Perhaps he returns to even the score with the Rated R Superstar. I just think Reigns is still TOO HOT of a commodity. Plus, a year-long title run (should Reigns make it to SummerSlam) will do him good.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: "The Almighty" Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Kofi Kingston - WHAT'S THIS??? A Kofi Kingston sighting in the world title picture......and it only took nearly 18 months after his ridiculous 5-second job to Brock Lesnar, after which he was placed into midcard irrelevance. But, is it my imagination or is Kingston still being shown as weak? So, now the only way he can beat Lashley is if "The Almighty" is seen as too preoccupied with booty and booze to take care of business (the explanation for his upset LOSS to Xavier Woods on RAW)?

Though it won't be 5 seconds, Lashley gets it right and Kofi-Mania will have to wait a while longer to run wild again.

Money In the Bank Ladder Match (Men's): John Morrison vs. Matt Riddle vs. Big E Langston vs. "Kingsuke" Nakamura vs. Kevin Owens vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Ricochet vs. Seth Rollins - It would be nice to see someone who's never been world champion get the case (which eliminates Owens, Morrison, McIntyre, and Rollins). So, I'm going to pull for Big E. Although having McIntyre win it would pose an interesting dilemma. Would he be barred from cashing MITB on Lashley, given last months Hell In A Cell stipulation, thus limiting him to just the Universal title? Or does the MITB take precedence over that?

Money In the Bank Ladder Match (Women's): Asuka vs. Naomi vs. Liv Morgan vs. Zelina Vega vs. Tamina vs. Natalya vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Nikki Cross- Asuka won it last year. But since Becky Lynch ended up preggers, she just handed over her title to the Empress of Tomorrow. Maybe they'll let her win it again. They need to do something. She always ends up losing at WrestleMania. Maybe giving her the case to cash at WM38 would be just what the doctor ordered. Given the lineup, they'll either give it to Satan's baby sister (Bliss); or, and I'm holding out hope for this, Naomi.

Smackdown Tag Team Championship: Rey and Dominik Mysterio (c) vs. The Usos - This may play a role in the main event (Reigns vs. Edge). The Tribal Chief's kin needs to atone; they may get it by taking the belts from team father and son.

Raw Tag Team Championship: AJ Styles and Omos (c) vs. Viking Raiders. -I haven't heard much about this one. Two evenly sized big guys vs. the Phenomenal One and his not-so-jolly black giant. I supposed they retain. I don't think Omos is ready to go solo yet and there's nothing on the horizon for Styles right now.

Raw Women's Championship: Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair - I'm tired of Charlotte. Why do they keep letting this poor Ripley girl job to her time and time again. Ripley should finally beat the so-called queen and be done with it.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: WWE MONEY IN THE BANK 2021
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 05:58:06 PM »
First up, it's Women's MITB match.

Nikki Cross has apparently borrowed Molly Holly's and Hurricane's gimmick and is Nikki A.S.H.

Lots of offense by Naomi, especially against cousin Tamina. Bliss actually "hypnotized" Vega and got her to walk down the ladder...while she climbed up.

And now Nikki ASH just did her superhero pose and jumped on the rest of the field. But, she just lost a slugfest with her former tag partner.

Now, we just seen the rest of women bury Lucifer-ette with a bunch of ladders.

Three ladders, seven women...something squirrelly is about to happen. And it did. While the other six were beating on each other, Nikki grabs the case unscathed and is Ms. MITB.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 06:34:46 PM »
I missed the kickoff/Free-for-All show. But, as I called it, the Usos won the SD tag belts. And now they've both officially acknowledged cousin Roman as Head of the Table/Tribal Chief (although Jimmy wasn't as eager as Jey to do so, perhaps a harbinger of things to come??).

Now, it's the Raw tag titles up for grabs. The fans are split in this one, cheering Styles half the time, as apparently the gimmick is to have him use Omos as a human ladder/turnbuckle off which to springboard to do moonsaults.

This the most lopsided team since the Colossal Connection. However, they aren't just letting Styles do all the work. Omos is getting his stuff, too. Especially after a foiled double team off the ropes turned into a gorilla press slam on Ivar (the larger of the two Vikings) and dropping him on his face, Ultimate Warrior style. Ivar kicked out....BARELY but ain't much left of him.

Styles tagged into the match, only to get kicked in the face. Finally, the Vikings are getting some offense on the big man. He gets clotheslined over the top. They hit Styles with their finisher. Erik goes to keep Omos from making the save. But Omos shoves Erik from the side of the ring onto Ivar to actually break the pinfall....BRILLIANT!!

An exchange of kicks, including one GIANT foot, followed by a chokeslam power bomb. And the tag champs retain!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2021, 07:48:03 PM »
WWE world title match!! It's next. Well at least there will be no cheap cash-in tonight on the WWE Champion.

So, Kofi is joining the wrestlers who use skulls are part of their logos, only his is that of a unicorn.

MVP grabbed Kingston's feet, just as he did with McIntyre at Hell in A Cell. But, this time it backfired and Lashley got rolled up and almost beat.

But one backdrop later, it's The Almighty beating Mr. Unicorn in and outside the ring. He released the "Hurt Lock" just to splatter him some more. Four consecutive dominators and another "Hurt Lock". Kingston basically got squashed, only it was much longer with Lashley than with Lesnar. And it's a wrap.

Oh NO!! Raw women's title and Ripley enters first. These women keep countering each other's move. Charlotte can't make up her mind if she is a heel or face. A natural selection from the top didn't do it. But all it took was slamming Ripley's head into the post, trapping her leg into the stair, kicking the stairs repeatedly to hurt Ripley's knee. Then came the Figure 8 and Ripley loses to Charlotte again.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2021, 08:42:18 PM »
Men's MITB. That means a possible cash-in on Reigns or Edge.

Lots of early high-flying by Riddle and Ricochet, followed by a power battle with Langston and McIntyre. Now, we have a "Johnny Drip-Drip" chant, with the fans digging the former ECW world champ. He and King Nakamura have been scrapping for a while in this match.

Most of this match has been a tandem effort by Morrison and Rollins, until Morrison hurt himself suplexing McIntyre into a ladder.

Riddle has apparently inherited Randy Orton's RKO, as he's nailing everyone with it. Until he gets curb-stomped by Rollins.

McIntyre had the ring cleared after a suicide flip of his own...until Jinder Mahal and his flunkies beat the crap out of him, especially Mahal with a chair, and dragged him from the match. Nakamura had a clear shot to the case until he got sprayed in the eyes with a "Drip Stick" water gun.

Now, it's Owens stunning everyone on a bad leg. OH SNAP!!! Rollins caught Owens as he was climbing the ladder and power bombed into the ladder braced between the edge of the ring the announce table, snapping the ladder in half. Rollins now scales the ladder only to be caught by Big E!!

OH DOUBLE SNAP!!! A BIG ENDING FROM NEARLY THE TOP of the super ladder to Rollins. And WOW!! BIG E WINS IT!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2021, 10:56:13 PM »
It's Universal title time.

Love the Hologram and of course, the "Head of the Table" theme. Lots of feeling each other out.

Now comes the meat and potatoes. Reigns pounds on Edge early and stops the ref's count to drag his challenger in the ring. Edge goes for a spear outside the ring, misses, smashes through a barricade.

Edge stops the ref's count, goes back outside, connects with his spear, driving Reigns through another barricade. The Rated-R Superstar fireman-carries Reigns back to the ring but only for a 2 count.

Reigns hits a superman punch, which sends Edge into the referee. With the ref down, the champion decides to give his challenger a taste of his own medicine with the bar of a chair. But, Edge counters and put that crossface with the metal bar on Reigns. But, there's no ref. The Tribal Chief's cousins come for the save but get cut off by the former tag champs.

WELL I GOT IT HALF RIGHT!! Right move, wrong superstar. It wasn't DB but SR, as in Seth Rollins, kicking Edge in the head as Reigns was going to sleep.

Reigns gets in the corner, does the tribal scream, and goes for the spear.....ONLY TO GET SPEARED!! Edge has the cover but no ref is there. By the time a new one arrived, the champ BARELY escaped the three-count. Edge goes for his third spear of the night. Rollins returns only to get kicked off the apron. But, that buys enough time for...WHAM!!! SPEAR by the champ. And the 1-2-3.

Rollins then beats down Edge and faces Reigns and tells his former Shield brother, "Just remember, you're only holding that because of me. You understand me? If it wasn't for me, he (Edge) would be champ. Edge recovers and beat on Rollins and they spill out of the ring and into the crowd. Herman gives Reigns the mic and Reigns demands that the world acknowledge him.

WHHHHHHAAAAATTTTTTT!!! I DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING!!! Music hits......IT'S JOHN CENA!!!!. He milks the crowd and finally hits the ring to a shocked Heyman and Reigns. He slowly steps to Reigns and.....YOU CAN'T SEE ME!!

I guess we got SummerSlam, on what will be the one-year anniversary of Reign's title run.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2021, 03:51:09 PM »
GOOD LORD!! NO!!!!

PLEASE DON'T TELL ME they've dredge up Oldberg to fight Bobby Lashley at SummerSlam!!!