Author Topic: Flacco signed  (Read 11727 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Flacco signed
« on: March 01, 2013, 05:29:50 PM »
Not sure of the exact details yet, but I'm hearing 6 year 120 million. I'm excited, if its cap friendly, upinthemguts, what say you?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Flacco signed
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 11:23:06 AM »
20 million a year to a guy that has never even been a pro bowl alternate is not cap friendly, though it is cap friendly for rivals of the ravens

for the last couple years i thought flacco was underrated, he is now the most overrated player in nfl history

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 03:50:49 PM »
last time I checked ppl didnt measure their careers based on how many pro bowl apperances they made ::)

He isnt a flashy QB and he has benefited from a good team but he knows how not to lose a game and that is a handy skill set.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 11:16:09 AM »
last time I checked ppl didnt measure their careers based on how many pro bowl apperances they made ::)

He isnt a flashy QB and he has benefited from a good team but he knows how not to lose a game and that is a handy skill set.

actually they do, flacco isn't going to the hall of fame with his resume, marino made it without the super bowl

your description of him makes him sound mediocre yet you still think he should be the highest paid player ever ::)

E

E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 05:32:36 PM »
actually they do, flacco isn't going to the hall of fame with his resume, marino made it without the super bowl

your description of him makes him sound mediocre yet you still think he should be the highest paid player ever ::)

E

LOL you sound like an epic bitter sport their earl. At the end of the day it doesnt matter how many pro bowls you go to, so what marino made it to canton without a super bowl. Anytime his name is brought up in regards to where he stands in QB's you know the fact he never won a super bowl is going to be brought up. You never hear that "they never went to the pro bowl" in those conversations.

Give me a fucking break marion would trade every one of his pro bowl apperances for just one super bowl win and you fucking know it.

He is a 2nd tier QB who knows how to manage a game probably better than 99% of the QBs in the game today. He made a lot of progress this past season and we saw him make passes he has never made before.

Im not saying he is worth what they are paying him but he is a good QB, there isnt any denying that.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 02:10:04 PM »
The contract Flacco signed is cap friendly for 2013. The Ravens are now basically 12 million under the cap for '13, which gives them flexbility to re-sign ILB Ellerbe and LT Mckinnie.

The contract pays Flacco 51 million over the next two seasons so obviously...the Ravens will ask Flacco to restructure the deal after the 2015 season because his cap number will be astronomical.

Of course he's not worth the money....no player in the NFL is worth that kind of money. But it's not Flacco's fault that he expected to be paid based on market value. That being said....I'm curious to see if he can live up to the contract over the next two seasons. Because to be honest...he's never tossed more than 25 TD passes in a season.

But after a stellar playoff run throwing 11 TD's and ZERO int's...Flacco may just be hitting his stride. Torrey Smith is only going to get better. And The Ravens will find a way to keep Boldin for the 2013 season. Flacco and Boldin were red-hot down the stretch.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 02:12:56 PM »
20 million a year to a guy that has never even been a pro bowl alternate is not cap friendly, though it is cap friendly for rivals of the ravens

for the last couple years i thought flacco was underrated, he is now the most overrated player in nfl history
E

In history??? Dude you post some silly sounding shit sometimes. Sounds like a bitter Steelers fan if I ever heard one. Enjoy another 7-9 or 8-8 season in '13. Half your starting defense is older than fuckin' Dick Lebeau at this point.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 04:21:40 PM »
LOL you sound like an epic bitter sport their earl. At the end of the day it doesnt matter how many pro bowls you go to, so what marino made it to canton without a super bowl. Anytime his name is brought up in regards to where he stands in QB's you know the fact he never won a super bowl is going to be brought up. You never hear that "they never went to the pro bowl" in those conversations.

Give me a fucking break marion would trade every one of his pro bowl apperances for just one super bowl win and you fucking know it.

He is a 2nd tier QB who knows how to manage a game probably better than 99% of the QBs in the game today. He made a lot of progress this past season and we saw him make passes he has never made before.

Im not saying he is worth what they are paying him but he is a good QB, there isnt any denying that.

marino would not trade his spot in the hall for a ring, he's an idiot if he would, i bet you don't even know who mark rypien is, hint he's a qb that was a super bowl mvp 20 years ago

winning the super bowl takes a team effort, flacco did nothing in the 2nd half of the super bowl when 49ers made their comeback, jacoby jones should've been mvp

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 04:26:53 PM »
In history??? Dude you post some silly sounding shit sometimes. Sounds like a bitter Steelers fan if I ever heard one. Enjoy another 7-9 or 8-8 season in '13. Half your starting defense is older than fuckin' Dick Lebeau at this point.

a 2nd tier qb being the highest paid ever yes he is now the most overrated

bitter steeler fan haha how funny you people forget who your big brother is, our team still owns your team and you know it

if it wasn't for ben getting hurt your team would've missed the playoffs, they lost to charlie batch and byron leftwich with broken ribs, not to mention injuries to every key player

lets see how valuable ray lewis "leadership" that you always talk about now that you won't have him anymore

our defense finished number 1 in the league, chump

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 06:32:48 PM »
marino would not trade his spot in the hall for a ring, he's an idiot if he would, i bet you don't even know who mark rypien is, hint he's a qb that was a super bowl mvp 20 years ago

winning the super bowl takes a team effort, flacco did nothing in the 2nd half of the super bowl when 49ers made their comeback, jacoby jones should've been mvp

E

who said anything about trading a spot in the hall of fame?

I said his pro bowl apperances, Marino would have still been in the hall without the probowl apperances and with a superbowl win...

If you think marino wouldnt trade his pro bowl apperances for a super bowl win youre a nut.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 04:13:11 PM »
who said anything about trading a spot in the hall of fame?

I said his pro bowl apperances, Marino would have still been in the hall without the probowl apperances and with a superbowl win...

If you think marino wouldnt trade his pro bowl apperances for a super bowl win youre a nut.

he got the pro bowl appearances by putting up numbers, which got him into the hall

if flacco retired today you think he's in the hall?

football is a team sport, can we stop pretending that the qb wins the game by themselves?

E

E

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 05:34:13 PM »
He might not be worth it, they may have overpaid a bit, but they were backed into a corner. Plus, next year when Ryan and Rodgers do their thing, they'll make more. And, what has Marty Melt ever done? Flacco is the real deal, I don't think Aikman ever tossed more than 30 tds and look how he turned out. Boldin and Smith equal repeat.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 06:45:08 PM »
He might not be worth it, they may have overpaid a bit, but they were backed into a corner. Plus, next year when Ryan and Rodgers do their thing, they'll make more. And, what has Marty Melt ever done? Flacco is the real deal, I don't think Aikman ever tossed more than 30 tds and look how he turned out. Boldin and Smith equal repeat.

is "marty melt" matt ryan?  funny how quickly people changed their minds based on 1 game, i don't recall anybody saying flacco was better than him before, i think matt would've looked better against the 49ers if they had the ravens defense, not to mention the o line that gave flacco more protection than he ever had

aikman was on a stacked team, he wasn't any where near as good as marino

repeat?  a team that lost 4 out of 5 and backed into the playoffs and without ray's "leadership" and possibly ed reed?  ok...

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 07:43:39 AM »

if it wasn't for ben getting hurt your team would've missed the playoffs, they lost to charlie batch and byron leftwich with broken ribs, not to mention injuries to every key player

E

The "IF" arguement.  Really?  C'mon Earl, you know that's pretty much a worthless arguement.
Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 06:31:48 PM »
LOL rapelisburger is in a bad way right now buddy, I would take flacco over rapesy anyday right now.

Hopefully the Texans will play you again and maybe we can break another eye bone or screw up another ankle ;)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 04:55:24 PM »
The "IF" arguement.  Really?  C'mon Earl, you know that's pretty much a worthless arguement.

you think it's weak because the same thing applies to your giants ;)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 04:59:32 PM »
LOL rapelisburger is in a bad way right now buddy, I would take flacco over rapesy anyday right now.

Hopefully the Texans will play you again and maybe we can break another eye bone or screw up another ankle ;)

what does ben or anybody have to do with flacco being seriously over paid based on his last 3 games?  you think i believe he's overpaid just because he plays for the ravens?

how is ben in a "bad way"?  he just said this is the best he's ever felt this early in the offseason which is saying a lot considering his injuries at the end of the season

hopefully your texans will actually beat a team i hate for once, they failed at that two years in a row, must suck to beat a team by about 4 touchdowns and they win the super bowl instead of your team :)

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 05:27:52 PM »
what does ben or anybody have to do with flacco being seriously over paid based on his last 3 games?  you think i believe he's overpaid just because he plays for the ravens?

how is ben in a "bad way"?  he just said this is the best he's ever felt this early in the offseason which is saying a lot considering his injuries at the end of the season

hopefully your texans will actually beat a team i hate for once, they failed at that two years in a row, must suck to beat a team by about 4 touchdowns and they win the super bowl instead of your team :)

E
LOL whats he going to say?

I have no faith at all in my line, our running game is shit and the receiving core and myself arent on the same page?

hahaha well you have to know where we are coming from, at least the team that took us out won the entire thing.

how did the team that took you out do?...oh wait

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2013, 03:29:07 AM »
you think it's weak because the same thing applies to your giants ;)

E

It applies to almost any team, since one game/play can make or break a season.
Y

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2013, 12:15:50 PM »
All I know is that the Ravens got the job done and it was a team effort. Flacco got his money, he'll restructure in 2015, and the Ravens will continue to reload and re-stock every season. In Ozzie we trust. Two superbowls since the start of the 21st century says it all.(which is tied with the Steelers, BTW)

if if if if if if if..........if my aunt had balls...she'd be my uncle. This year was the Ravens year. Done and done.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 12:42:21 PM »
All I know is that the Ravens got the job done and it was a team effort. Flacco got his money, he'll restructure in 2015, and the Ravens will continue to reload and re-stock every season. In Ozzie we trust. Two superbowls since the start of the 21st century says it all.(which is tied with the Steelers, BTW)

if if if if if if if..........if my aunt had balls...she'd be my uncle. This year was the Ravens year. Done and done.

Agreed.  It's now up to Baltimore/Shittsburgh, and the Giants to tie the Pats.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 01:25:17 PM »
LOL whats he going to say?

I have no faith at all in my line, our running game is shit and the receiving core and myself arent on the same page?

hahaha well you have to know where we are coming from, at least the team that took us out won the entire thing.

how did the team that took you out do?...oh wait

why do you have such a problem with me thinking flacco isn't an elite qb?

and how is ben in a "bad way"?  sounds like more wishful thinking

uh the patriots took out your team, they didn't win the entire thing

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2013, 01:27:55 PM »

steelers went to a 3rd, they got the edge plus 3 postseason wins against the ravens since the 21st century began

where do you rank flacco among all quarterbacks?  i have him about 10th

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2013, 05:45:14 PM »
why do you have such a problem with me thinking flacco isn't an elite qb?

and how is ben in a "bad way"?  sounds like more wishful thinking

uh the patriots took out your team, they didn't win the entire thing

E
LOL you know what I meant you facker!!! :)

The steelers getting set to lose their number 1 receiving talent...whos going to step up emmanuel sanders? lol

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2013, 10:47:06 PM »
flacco deserves it. he seriously impressed me this year. without his ability to throw the long ball consistantly the ravens would not have been nearly as successful. he is a smart quarterback who rarely makes mistakes and who does a damn fine job of running and offense and putting the ball where his recievers can get it.  A+ for Flacco.

but it wasnt always this way