Author Topic: Will Trump Be Impeached - The Transcript with Ukraine  (Read 25199 times)

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
Re: Will Trump Be Impeached - The Transcript with Ukraine
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2019, 08:52:53 PM »
 Biden thinks bragging about how he can get away with extortion is funny.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2019, 09:11:39 PM »
From the person who said Trump would be impeached for being a Russian spy. 

Barr saved Trump but its not going to work this time. :)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2019, 10:28:54 PM »

Because there's nothing to save from...fabrication. Another dog and pony show. Dems should start writing children's books because their stories are about that level.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2019, 10:50:10 PM »

Actually Mueller and his team of angry Democrats said Trump was not a Russian spy.  Aren't you embarrassed?  You were calling people stupid who disagreed with you about Trump being impeached over being a Russian spy. 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2019, 12:50:14 AM »
Will the circle jerk here continue if and when Trump loses re-election?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2019, 03:55:34 AM »

The Democrats have a pattern of projecting what they actually do on other people.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2019, 04:18:59 AM »

Why, you lookin to hang out?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2019, 04:55:23 AM »

That's hardly a slam dunk.

The Democratic frontrunners a super far left.

I don't think they're electable.
Y

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2019, 05:17:17 AM »
That's hardly a slam dunk.

The Democratic frontrunners a super far left.

I don't think they're electable.

Dems know that 2020 is not looking good. That’s why they’re pushing impeachment.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2019, 06:26:40 AM »
Dems know that 2020 is not looking good. That’s why they’re pushing impeachment.

I don't believe polls all that much, but they do.

Biden was sinking the polls vs others, but showed strongest vs Trump.

So they panicked.

That's it.
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2019, 09:54:51 AM »
Released - is this enough to impeach Trump?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

I guess we will find out. Clinton was impeached for getting it on with Monica and then lying about it. His indiscretion, seems like nothing compared to Trump asking (and maybe bribing) a foreign leader to get dirt on his primary political opponent, which some believe violates the U.S. Constitution.

Nixon was going to be impeached because of his Watergate involvement, which also had no involvement with any foreign government.

Andrew Johnson's impeachment was a little more involved. It also rings a familiar bell, in that Trump regularly removes administrative officials he believes don't support him or his ideals. His record of firing folks is epic. This however, is not what the his impeachment inquiry is about.

The primary charge against Johnson was violation of the Tenure of Office Act, passed by Congress in March 1867, over his veto. Specifically, he had removed from office Edwin M. Stanton, the Secretary of War—whom the Act was largely designed to protect—and attempted to replace him with Brevet Major General Lorenzo Thomas. (Earlier, while the Congress was not in session, Johnson had suspended Stanton and appointed General Ulysses S. Grant as Secretary of War ad interim.)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2019, 03:44:57 PM »

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2019, 06:43:20 PM »
Just imagine how many heads would be exploding if it was Donald Trump Jr. who was “working” for Burisma Holdings ?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2019, 09:56:50 AM »

"Others have rightly pointed out that, in reality, Biden was not simply relaying the message pushed by the Obama administration, but that his position was supported by Ukrainian anti-corruption activists, European allies, and even groups like the International Monetary Foundation (IMF). As Tom Malinowski, former assistant secretary of state under Obama, recalled this week, “All of us working on Ukraine wanted this prosecutor gone, because he was NOT prosecuting corruption. So did the Europeans. So did the IMF. This didn't come from Joe Biden—he just delivered our message.”

What I see in the video is Biden telling how he was able to motivate Ukranian officials to remove a corrupt prosecutor. I don't think that scenario is arguable based on the available information.

What I see in the transcript (notes of the call) is a very real potential of misuse of office.

1. Aid was held up prior to the phone call. This is not disputed. What is argued is the reason why, which varies depending on what day Trump is talking
2. Aid was released after the phone call. This is not disputed
3. Trump asked the Ukranian president to do him a favor and investigate Biden,  his main political opponent. This is not disputed by anyone including Trump.

There is no "If you'll do this for me I will do this for you" there rarely is, but Trump demonstrates his ignorance or lack of care by creating a situation where it certainly appears like it exists when you know aid is being held up

I certainly hope the Trump supporters on this page can see others concerns about a President that doesn't have the brains to realize placing that call and asking for that specific favor is a problem. The conflict of interest is clearly enormous to anyone with average intelligence. At least admit that.

As far as impeachment, he will likely get impeached in the House, he will likely not be convicted in the Senate. I don't really care either way. Americans voted for this shit show and it should probably play out until the next election. If we can keep Trump from giving Putin the launch codes, I think we can consider it a success. Let the voters decide what they want in 2020

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2019, 10:22:00 AM »
"Others have rightly pointed out that, in reality, Biden was not simply relaying the message pushed by the Obama administration, but that his position was supported by Ukrainian anti-corruption activists, European allies, and even groups like the International Monetary Foundation (IMF). As Tom Malinowski, former assistant secretary of state under Obama, recalled this week, “All of us working on Ukraine wanted this prosecutor gone, because he was NOT prosecuting corruption. So did the Europeans. So did the IMF. This didn't come from Joe Biden—he just delivered our message.”

What I see in the video is Biden telling how he was able to motivate Ukranian officials to remove a corrupt prosecutor. I don't think that scenario is arguable based on the available information.

What I see in the transcript (notes of the call) is a very real potential of misuse of office.

1. Aid was held up prior to the phone call. This is not disputed. What is argued is the reason why, which varies depending on what day Trump is talking
2. Aid was released after the phone call. This is not disputed
3. Trump asked the Ukranian president to do him a favor and investigate Biden,  his main political opponent. This is not disputed by anyone including Trump.

There is no "If you'll do this for me I will do this for you" there rarely is, but Trump demonstrates his ignorance or lack of care by creating a situation where it certainly appears like it exists when you know aid is being held up

I certainly hope the Trump supporters on this page can see others concerns about a President that doesn't have the brains to realize placing that call and asking for that specific favor is a problem. The conflict of interest is clearly enormous to anyone with average intelligence. At least admit that.

As far as impeachment, he will likely get impeached in the House, he will likely not be convicted in the Senate. I don't really care either way. Americans voted for this shit show and it should probably play out until the next election. If we can keep Trump from giving Putin the launch codes, I think we can consider it a success. Let the voters decide what they want in 2020

How's the view down there?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2019, 12:21:08 PM »

How's the view down there?

This must be your self portrait.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2019, 12:41:47 PM »
This must be your self portrait.
The other view would be your self portrait.  ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2019, 12:45:21 PM »
The other view would be your self portrait.  ;)

True. It could be anyone's self portrait....even yours.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2019, 02:32:09 PM »
Just imagine how many heads would be exploding if it was Donald Trump Jr. who was “working” for Burisma Holdings ?
Exactly.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2019, 04:29:53 PM »
 :o
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2019, 06:13:41 PM »
Meaning?
Meaning the Dems and media would have went crazy if Trump Jr benefited from a deal exactly like this.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2019, 08:29:58 PM »
To answer the OP's question. Yes. He will. However regardless of the facts, the Republican senate will not convict. Moving on....

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2019, 06:36:16 AM »
This UK charge will be the basis for the article(s) of impeachment.

If it's such a slam dunk, why won't Nancy take a vote?
 ;)
:

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2019, 07:01:35 AM »
I don't know how the Democrats turn back now.

They have to see it though.
Y