Author Topic: Protein Powder  (Read 1817 times)

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
Protein Powder
« on: May 07, 2008, 04:32:51 AM »
what do you use? been using Higher Power protein for years now, i like the taste and its pretty cheap, but thinking of getting higher quality protein, any suggestions? ( anything other than MuscleTech)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: Protein Powder
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 06:41:44 AM »
what do you use? been using Higher Power protein for years now, i like the taste and its pretty cheap, but thinking of getting higher quality protein, any suggestions? ( anything other than MuscleTech)

check it out.. ALN's NITREAN is about as high quality as you can get.

http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=1

not ONLY does it have whey protien..but it also contains egg and casein! You get the best of ALL the protien worlds. So you're getting it from both fast acting quality sources and slower digesting sources as well to make sure  you've always got protien coming in from the time you take it to hours later! Not to mention it tastes badass... it's worth a try for sure!

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 03:17:43 AM »
Nutrisport 90+ protein - it's the only stuff I've ever used.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 04:02:03 AM »
syntha 6 from BSN due to tastes...

Markoni

• Getbig II
  • trueprotein discount code MOU110
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 06:34:51 AM »
I like  trueprotein.com and proteinfactory.com proteins  , specially  trueprotein whey protein cold filtration and  complete milk diary protein  with premium flavors , or just creating your own mix
http://www.trueprotein.com/product_listings.aspx?cid=22
http://www.trueprotein.com/custom_product.aspx
also proteinfactory  CFM whey protein isolate is great

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 10:41:10 AM »
Let's see:

- Whey Tech by Vitamin Shoppe.

- IsoPure by Nature's Best, especially this month, since both GNC and Vitamin Shoppe have the RTDs marked down to about $1.80 each.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 01:09:18 PM »
Whey's prices have been through the roof lately, but this seems like a good deal.  The last one I saw of these didn't last long at all, so act fast if you want it.   If you don't want to click it's 10lb of Dymatize Elite for $55 with free shipping.

http://www.vitaglo.com/dym10229.html
Y

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 01:45:23 PM »
id just get some of the walmart brand whey dude, unless your getting ready for a contest or something i dont think it matters

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 01:53:52 PM »
id just get some of the walmart brand whey dude, unless your getting ready for a contest or something i dont think it matters

If the Body Fortress / Wal-Mart protein is cheaper than $55 for 10 lbs, you're right.  If it isn't, the deal posted is better.
Y

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 02:02:12 PM »
If the Body Fortress / Wal-Mart protein is cheaper than $55 for 10 lbs, you're right.  If it isn't, the deal posted is better.
no i guess its not its 12 bucks for 2 lbs ..which is 60 bucks.. but that link shows that protein at 65 bucks..

Kviahellan

• Getbig II
  • Monsterceps
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 03:34:03 PM »
I use Opticen from AtLarge. Highest quality protein I have ever found. I used to get some crap from Costco and ON 100% Whey but never noticed any difference while using them.
#

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 05:09:07 PM »
If your looking for taste DO NOT go with the body fortress it tastes like something went bad bro, I like EAS at sams club you can get 5lbs for $32

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 08:15:04 PM »
dont you care about tastes?  I cant drink, sheit,.....

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 07:16:54 PM »
Are We Getting Scammed?

Same protein powder...........differe nt prices!!

According to bodybuilding researcher and writer Professor Roland Persson:

... I visited a large Fitness Expo ... a representative of a major supplement manufacturer ... proudly pointed to two large tubs of whey protein powder on the rack behind him, both of which contained the same amount but were differently prized.

"This is the budget version," he said, "and that one is the ultimate high-tech solution for the hardcore bodybuilder." Too old and too jaded to fall for a sales pitch, I asked him why there were different price tags on them. His answer stunned me. "Well, he said matter-of-factly forgetting his sales pitch in a moment of surprising honesty, "the content is in fact the same in both.

They are both manufactured by the same pharmaceutical company, but they are sold as different brands and marketed at different price levels".

- Roland S. Persson, Ph.D., quoted above from pp. 148-149 of his book "Hungry to win, losing your mind? The effects of eating and dieting in bodybuilders and power sport athletes.", 2004, published from lulu.com at http://www.lulu.com/content/75623 (ISBN 1-4116-1351-1).

BTW, one of most famous and influential muscle mag publishers originally had made a deal with Roland to publish the above book after seeing a draft. Roland then added a chapter on supplements in response to that publisher's request for more diet info in the book. The new chapter was supplement truth as Roland sees it.

The publisher then reneged on his deal!! Why?? In my opinion, quotes such as the above conflict with that publisher's magazine pushing of uber-hyped supplements!!