Author Topic: What is the most hardcore gym around?  (Read 6812 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: What is the most hardcore gym around?
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2011, 04:21:52 PM »

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2011, 04:52:10 PM »
The most hardcore gym I have ever seen was a playground in a poor run down urban black neighborhood.  Guys were doing dips, chins, pushups, burpees, single leg squats and other body weight exercises. At the end they all go for a run.

The guys were ripped and in shape.  The next town over in the rich white neighborhood  has a gym with every possible contraption is filled with soft white guys.  Only the drug users in the gym look like bodybuilders.  

I will bet my last dollar that the push up and chin crowd would wipe the floor with the super gym crowd if push came to shove.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2011, 07:21:13 PM »
Been to a few of them which are cool

1) Metroflex Gyms are cool - been to the ones in Texas (Plano, Arlington) and the one in Long Beach (brand new).  Owners are cool, and you can grunt.

2) Armbrust Gym near Denver was very cool.  Dylan took care of us when we went there, and  they have a room just to train legs which was huge (perhaps 30-40 pieces of equipment.

3) Gold's Gym North Hollywood - old school gym, one of the older Gold's Gym out here, and lots of competitors train there.

4) Gold's Gym Venice - the mecca.  Big, no air conditioner, by the ocean.

why can't you Grunt?.....is there a Lunk alarm on site?.......

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2011, 07:24:40 PM »