Author Topic: Victor Richards Interview by Dave Palumbo  (Read 25995 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Victor Richards Interview by Dave Palumbo
« on: February 12, 2010, 03:04:59 PM »
Pretty indepth interview. Covering topics of training, contracts, Dorian, Flex, Levrone, Bodybuilders kidneys, Barbarian Brothers, and other topics. Pretty consistent with his early 90's vids about his philosophy of competing against one's self
it's in three parts

Part 1
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9uav2_victor-richards-interiview-with-dav_sport

part 2
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9u9mo_victor-richards-interview-with-dave_sport

Part 3
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9u9ni_victor-richards-interiview-with-dav_sport

Per Se

• Getbig III
Re: Victor Richards Interview by Dave Palumbo
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 03:20:01 PM »
A young Victor.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 03:24:59 PM »
A young Victor.

That he's what, 17, 18? And he could have won Mr. Getbig withou dieting.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 03:34:21 PM »
A young Victor.

That guy is ridiculous  :o

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 04:11:40 PM »
Pretty indepth interview. Covering topics of training, contracts, Dorian, Flex, Levrone, Bodybuilders kidneys, Barbarian Brothers, and other topics. Pretty consistent with his early 90's vids about his philosophy of competing against one's self
it's in three parts

Part 1
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9uav2_victor-richards-interiview-with-dav_sport

part 2
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9u9mo_victor-richards-interview-with-dave_sport

Part 3
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9u9ni_victor-richards-interiview-with-dav_sport

He was 225 before he ever lifted?  ::) ' don't call people freaky when they're using growth hormone ' he denies every eating 30K calories but admits to 15-20K lmao Flex magazine was trying to assassinate his character by claiming the 30K

" To say Ronnie Coleman is the best bodybuilder is an insult , he doesn't even come in the top 12 "

Has respect for Dorian Yates & Levrone , Lervone  said 8 weeks with him and he would beat Yates if he got ripped

don't bodybuild Victor-build instead.

A young Greg Valentino use to spot Vic with sponges  :-\ and Vic would oil up before he trained , Samir told him to use lotion before he worked out so he wouldn't get stretch marks but he was using baby oil instead

Ronnie's ' pinches nerve ' was actually a mini-stroke due to what he was taking according to Vic

true bodybuilding isn't competition

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 04:24:52 PM »
When he was saying that about Ronnie, he was talking about if Ronnie was using just steriods like the old skool guys and just eating tuna and water. I don't know, I beg to differ with him.
he gave Dorian his props. I do think Vic just loved lifting, and didn't like competing, why should he? Really why would anybody. Did any of us get into bodybuilding to get up onstage and be subjectively judged? I didn't, I liked the feel of the weights.

Also for stretch marks Ive heard that using Coco butter or Vit E oil works good as well. Particularly for black people, because are skin is a tad diff.
Dave confirmed that Vic had oil on his arms, and even though Greg V is a douche, many of his stories have been confirmed by others.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 04:32:09 PM »
When he was saying that about Ronnie, he was talking about if Ronnie was using just steriods like the old skool guys and just eating tuna and water. I don't know, I beg to differ with him.
he gave Dorian his props. I do think Vic just loved lifting, and didn't like competing, why should he? Really why would anybody. Did any of us get into bodybuilding to get up onstage and be subjectively judged? I didn't, I liked the feel of the weights.

Also for stretch marks Ive heard that using Coco butter or Vit E oil works good as well. Particularly for black people, because are skin is a tad diff.
Dave confirmed that Vic had oil on his arms, and even though Greg V is a douche, many of his stories have been confirmed by others.

What's funny is he didn't want to compete but went to FIBO to stand next to the pros , so some part of him wanted to be compared to the professionals and none of them were really in contest shape and contrary to what Romano claimed he wasn't dwarfing Yates , but he did look like he belonged up there and did a pretty good job of holding his own against Yates considering the guy never stepped on a pro stage

I've read Vitamin E works for stretch-marks to a degree but they are genetic anyway and if you're prone to them it's gonna happen with any ' rapid ' weight gain.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 04:34:01 PM »

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 04:41:57 PM »
What's funny is he didn't want to compete but went to FIBO to stand next to the pros , so some part of him wanted to be compared to the professionals and none of them were really in contest shape and contrary to what Romano claimed he wasn't dwarfing Yates , but he did look like he belonged up there and did a pretty good job of holding his own against Yates considering the guy never stepped on a pro stage

I've read Vitamin E works for stretch-marks to a degree but they are genetic anyway and if you're prone to them it's gonna happen with any ' rapid ' weight gain.

True, or it could be true that John Brown convinced him to go. Seems like John Brown is kinda like a Yoda figure, he can spot certain good bodybuilders and put a bug in their ear, like Shawn Ray and Melvin Anthony.

And Romano tends to overhype things. I never thought he dwarfed Dorian at FIBO, possibly Flex Wheeler. Wasn't Romano  in Flex's first vid "Hardbody", asking to talk to him, and being more schmoe than a little bit.

Stavios

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 04:43:53 PM »

Yates pwn him in that shot !

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 04:45:30 PM »
Vic stopped competing because he couldn't hold his size when dieting. Also his legs overshadowed his upper body when he was dieting. His back dissapeared. He won a joke contest to go pro. i think it was the Mr. Nigeria or something like that. He wanted no part of real compeition.

He tried to diet for the Night of Champions and quit with 6 weeks to go. He was losing a ton of size and still had another 20 to go. Vic was strong as hell, and an off season monster but he couldn't bring it to the stage. Always bullshitting his weight and measurements. Always full of excuses claiming everyone was jealous of him.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 04:49:33 PM »
Yates pwn him in that shot !
Actually not really. His waist is smaller and his arms are bigger than Dorian, and he's standing back and looks like he hasn't really hit the shot, in which all his muscle would be tense like Dorian's is. He holds his ground with Dorian, and like ND said, this is a guy who hadn't really stepped on stage. I would like to have seen what he looked like next to Flex, though. I read that Flex had dismissed Vic and said he was carrying a lot of water.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 05:43:19 PM »

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 05:58:12 PM »
Actually not really. His waist is smaller and his arms are bigger than Dorian, and he's standing back and looks like he hasn't really hit the shot, in which all his muscle would be tense like Dorian's is. He holds his ground with Dorian, and like ND said, this is a guy who hadn't really stepped on stage. I would like to have seen what he looked like next to Flex, though. I read that Flex had dismissed Vic and said he was carrying a lot of water.

Front double bi was never Doz's best pose, esp. after the bicep tear. If they turned around or hit a side shot or even a front lat spread or abs n thigh, Dorian beats him hands down.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 09:01:24 PM »
Front double bi was never Doz's best pose, esp. after the bicep tear. If they turned around or hit a side shot or even a front lat spread or abs n thigh, Dorian beats him hands down.
Yep, I agree. But, I don't think they did those shots, so we'll never know.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 09:06:08 PM »
built dude
A

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 09:13:44 PM »
As i look at that shot, his chest looks bigger than Dorian's as well.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 09:33:52 PM »
thats the where the term comes from when they say "he grew just looking at weights",,yes he took drugs,ate,trained but his natural base was off the charts,,remember christian okoye the nigerian express was a fullback for the chiefs 80/early ninties sick build..

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 02:15:19 AM »
Was Victor an IFBB Pro
No Worries 4 me

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 02:42:40 AM »
Was Victor an IFBB Pro
Yeah, by way of a Nigerian Pro Qaulifier. In which he beat dudes who looked like twigs. He had dual Nigerian and American citizenship.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 02:50:45 AM »
Yeah, by way of a Nigerian Pro Qaulifier. In which he beat dudes who looked like twigs. He had dual Nigerian and American citizenship.
I never understood his motivation for training the dude was huge but rarely did contests.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2010, 02:59:05 AM »
I never understood his motivation for training the dude was huge but rarely did contests.
From the interview I posted and from other youtube vids, he really enjoys lifted weights, just loves it. But really hates dieting.  He said, how can you compete against others when you don't know yourself. He said the the biggest competitor is yourself, and until you have beaten and defined yourself, then why compete. I think he really realized this when he was beaten at a US qaulifier. And he took it bad. he probably realized that until he got his mind right. A foolish man would give up what he loves, because of one set back. So he chose to know thyself.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2010, 03:11:49 AM »
Freakiest bodybuilder ever.

Near 300 lbs and could do a vacuum pose.

He should seriously consider making a comeback.  He's in his 40's, but probably hasn't taken the abuse career bodybuilders have.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2010, 03:16:33 AM »
Freakiest bodybuilder ever.

Near 300 lbs and could do a vacuum pose.

He should seriously consider making a comeback.  He's in his 40's, but probably hasn't taken the abuse career bodybuilders have.
Him and Brian Buchahan.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2010, 09:19:20 AM »
Vic loved being the freak show, but he didn't want to diet down and truly see how he compared with the top brass in the sport.