Author Topic: PGA Producer: Obama is playing too much golf - "Doesn't seem right"  (Read 34974 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: PGA Producer: Obama is playing too much golf - "Doesn't seem right"
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2011, 08:00:19 AM »
That was stupid too what Bush was criticized for,so what?  Doesn't change it being stupid now and how you when called on it fall back to your blabbering points.

Yawn - more excuses for the messiah - what ever happened to him not resting until the economy was recovered?   

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2011, 08:03:33 AM »
Yawn - more excuses for the messiah - what ever happened to him not resting until the economy was recovered?   

Another stupid attempt to justify a stupid attack.   ::)

Why not attack him for sleeping while the economy hasn't yet recovered?  ::)

More lame ass spin from 33333333

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2011, 08:08:14 AM »
Yeah, now anything is an attack.  Wait till tommorow.   Cant wait to see how TK spins that fiasco to kneepad this horrible admn.     I'm sure team obama will include ryan, palin, and bush in that discussion.   lol. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2011, 08:12:44 AM »
Yeah, now anything is an attack.  Wait till tommorow.   Cant wait to see how TK spins that fiasco to kneepad this horrible admn.     I'm sure team obama will include ryan, palin, and bush in that discussion.   lol. 

You know I am no Obama fan, but I am even less of a fan of stupid shit.  And attacking him for playing golf is just plain dumb and even stupider is justifying the attack becuase Bush was. 

Yeah, Friday may cook off what ever is left of any political cred he got from killing OBL.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2011, 08:15:28 AM »
You know I am no Obama fan, but I am even less of a fan of stupid shit.  And attacking him for playing golf is just plain dumb and even stupider is justifying the attack becuase Bush was. 

Yeah, Friday may cook off what ever is left of any political cred he got from killing OBL.

Its not a matter of playing Golf - its more an issue of how much and the double standards the MSM applies here.    Personally, I think it looks like shit to be golfing every weekend and even on  Memorial Day. 

If Chris Chrsitie is RIGHTFULLY attacked over the helicopter thing, I see now way how Obama gets a pass on this.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2011, 08:25:58 AM »
Its not a matter of playing Golf - its more an issue of how much and the double standards the MSM applies here.    Personally, I think it looks like shit to be golfing every weekend and even on  Memorial Day. 

If Chris Chrsitie is RIGHTFULLY attacked over the helicopter thing, I see now way how Obama gets a pass on this.   

So you fight the double standard by doing the same?   ::)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2011, 09:05:13 AM »
this is funny..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2011, 09:08:39 AM »
this is funny..

15 Million without jobs dont agree. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2011, 09:52:53 AM »
15 Million without jobs dont agree. 

im talking about you and ozmo going back and forth... and no... obama didnt take their jobs away..

damn youre dumb

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2011, 10:00:57 AM »
im talking about you and ozmo going back and forth... and no... obama didnt take their jobs away..

damn youre dumb

Take it up with the PGA guy - he said bama is playing too much golf, not me. 

If bama said he ould go on golf outings th rest of his term, I would applaud him.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2011, 03:35:51 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Obama gets in a round of golf on Saturday
The Hill ^
Posted on June 4, 2011 5:44:49 PM EDT by Sub-Driver

Obama gets in a round of golf on Saturday By Jamie Klatell - 06/04/11 04:21 PM ET

President Obama headed to the golf course at Andrews Air Force Base on Saturday for an afternoon game.

Energy Department official David Katz, White House trip director Marvin Nicholson and staffer Michael Brush rounded out the president's foursome.

Obama has a big golf outing coming in the near future. He and Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) will play together, a spokesman for the Speaker confirmed on Friday.

The two will hit the links on Saturday, June 18, in Washington D.C.

Obama is really working on that economy alright. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2011, 11:35:36 AM »
Obama Somehow Gets in Some Golf
White House Dossier ^ | June 12, 2011 | Keith Koffler

________________________ ________________________ __________

I know this will be surprising to everyone, but the president has gone golfing.

This is the last chance for him to practice before next week’s smackdown with House Speaker Boehner. The foursome will also include Vice President Biden and John Kasich, Ohio’s Republican governor. Kasich, a former senior GOP House member who worked closely with Boehner for many years, was chosen by the personally by the Speaker to be his second in the duel.

And, given that the king, the first in line and the second in line to the thrown will all be in the same place for about five hours, LOTS of Secret Service will also be in tow.

Today makes the 11 weekends in a row that Obama has gone golfing. It’s his 14th outing this year and the 72nd of his presidency.

From this morning’s pool report:

Good Sunday morning. Reuters standing in for scheduled pooler, who had a problem getting cleared in at W.H. gates.

Potus has returned from a couple of nights at Camp David for a game of golf. The president landed at Andrews Air Force Base at 8:25 a.m. and exited Marine One, wearing a white polo shirt, slacks, sunglasses and sneakers. His blackberry case could be seen attached to his belt.

At 8:30 a.m. the motorcade left the landing area and the press vans split off while Potus and his entourage headed for the golf course.

Golfing partners are the familiar Ben Finkenbinder, Marvin Nicholson, and David Katz, per a W.H. official

Your pool, which left the White House at 7:00 a.m. to travel to Andrews, is holding at the not-yet-open food court on base.

Jeff Mason White House Correspondent Reuters

________________________ ________________________ ____

Hope & Change! 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2011, 07:43:05 PM »
Fore! Obama Skips 8th Hole To Avoid TV Cameras & Photographer
Blogspot via GatewayPundit ^ | August 21, 2011 | The Obama Report Blogspot
Posted on August 21, 2011 9:32:16 PM EDT by SanFranDan

Barack Obama skipped the 8th hole rather than be filmed by TV crews at the Vineyard Golf Course on Friday.

The Boston Globe reported:

But it was later, at the Vineyard Golf Course in Edgartown, where the president’s recalcitrance was most evident. Approaching the eighth tee in a golf cart with friend and frequent golfing buddy Eric Whitaker, the president noticed three TV cameras and a Globe photographer across the street.

Rather than stop and be photographed teeing off, the president skipped the hole.

(Excerpt) Read more at thegatewaypundit.com ...

Lmfao! 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2011, 06:14:58 AM »
Obama Golfs Another Round In The Vineyard
Fire it up

EDGARTOWN, Mass. (AP) — President Barack Obama played golf and enjoyed some beach time with his family Sunday on Martha’s Vineyard, though not before getting briefed on developments in Libya.

Under sunny skies, Obama, wife Michelle, and daughters Malia and Sasha spent the morning on a private beach in Edgartown. The outing came on the third full day of Obama’s 10-day summer vacation and was his first excursion with his full family in tow. The president then parted ways with his family to play a round of golf at the Vineyard Golf Club.

Read more: http://weaselzippers.us/2011/08/21/completely-exhausted-from-his-morning-on-the-beach-obama-spent-his-afternoon-recuperating-on-the-golf-course/#ixzz1VlNKQMRj

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2011, 06:24:49 AM »
Obama Golfs Another Round In The Vineyard
Fire it up

EDGARTOWN, Mass. (AP) — President Barack Obama played golf and enjoyed some beach time with his family Sunday on Martha’s Vineyard, though not before getting briefed on developments in Libya.

Under sunny skies, Obama, wife Michelle, and daughters Malia and Sasha spent the morning on a private beach in Edgartown. The outing came on the third full day of Obama’s 10-day summer vacation and was his first excursion with his full family in tow. The president then parted ways with his family to play a round of golf at the Vineyard Golf Club.

Read more: http://weaselzippers.us/2011/08/21/completely-exhausted-from-his-morning-on-the-beach-obama-spent-his-afternoon-recuperating-on-the-golf-course/#ixzz1VlNKQMRj

lol..um ok ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2011, 07:16:00 PM »
FLASHBACK--George W. Bush Gives Up Golf: ‘Playing Golf During a War Sends Wrong Message’
CNSNews ^
Posted on August 22, 2011 8:05:25 PM EDT by Sub-Driver

FLASHBACK--George W. Bush Gives Up Golf: ‘Playing Golf During a War Sends Wrong Message’ Monday, August 22, 2011 By Penny Starr

(CNSNews.com) – The White House has released some information about President Barack Obama’s vacation on Massachusetts’ upscale Martha’s Vineyard including his golf games, but no open press coverage of his time on the links has been allowed.

President George W. Bush, who routinely allowed journalists to accompany him on golf outings early in his presidency, told Politico in May 2008 that he decided to give up the game in August 2003 after a bomb attack on the United Nations headquarters in Baghdad that killed a top U.N. official.

“I don’t want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander-in-chief playing golf,” Bush said. “I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them.”

“And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong message,” Bush said.

On Monday, Obama spoke about the recent developments in Libya from Martha’s Vineyard.

Bush said in the Politico interview that he had been golfing when he was informed about the deadly attack on the U.N. headquarters in Baghdad.

“I remember (Sergio Vieira) de Mello, who was at the U.N., got killed in Baghdad as a result of these murderers taking this good man’s life,” Bush said in the interview. “I was paying golf--I think I was in central Texas--and they pulled me off the golf course and I said, ‘It’s just not worth doing this anymore.’”

(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2011, 12:28:50 PM »
Obama Golfing in Martha's Vineyard When Earthquake Hit
August 23, 2011 2:42 PM

ABC News' Stephanie Smith and David Kerley report:

Talk about early warning. The majority of he White House press corps, camped out at a hotel at Martha’s Vineyard, was keeping a close eye on our computers and emails. We started seeing emails from our colleagues in DC that they were feeling a quake.

Seconds…I mean seconds later….the meeting room we are in starts to roll and sway– comparable to being on a boat. No shaking. But it’s an earthquake. And it lasted for a good 15 seconds or more.

The President was playing golf at the time. Two reporters at the golf course felt the quake, another didn’t. A White House staffer who was there too, just told me he didn’t feel it either.

Immediate calls into the travel pool – reporters assigned to cover the president on a day-to-day basis – where Obama was playing golf, could not determine if the President was aware of the quake.

The president was seen taking a phone call, but it’s not clear if it was connected to the earthquake.

Waiting to hear what the President felt…and for the aftershocks.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/08/obama-golfing-in-marthas-vineyard-when-earthquake-hit.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2011, 12:30:41 PM »
 :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2011, 01:51:57 PM »
All Shook Up? Barack Obama missed golf putts after earthquake struck
By Toby Harnden US politics Last updated: August 23rd, 2011

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyharnden/100101932/all-shook-up-barack-obama-missed-putts-after-earthquake-struck

18 Comments Comment on this article

The earthquake that originated here in Virginia was felt across the east coast of the United States, including the Massachusetts island of Martha’s Vineyard, where Barack Obama is holidaying. The President was out playing golf at Farm Neck Golf Club in Oak Bluffs when the tremors were  detected by some in the White House press pool.

So did the earth move for Obama? We don’t know yet. But shortly afterwards, the pool did get a rare opportunity to watch the President golfing (even since Michael Moore included footage of President George W. Bush golfing in his film Fahrenheit 911, White House occupants have been cautious about being observed playing).

Politico’s Carrie Budoff Brown, the White House pool print journalist, reported that shortly after the quake:

The pool was ushered onto the fairway of first hole, where the presidential party had already reached the putting green. The pool was kept several hundred feet away, well outside shouting distance.

The pool was, however, able to see the president putting moves, albeit from a distance.

From our vantage point, this is the play by play: He stepped up to his ball, which was several feet from the hole, and made two practice strokes. He missed the hole on his first putt, but got it close. He then tried to tap it in, but missed again. He appeared to pick up the ball to let the others in his party play through as he watched.

We don’t know whether missing putts is par for the course for Obama. But on this occasion he’s got a ready-made excuse. He can’t claim that the earthquake caused the ball the roll away from the hole but he could say that the tremors left him “All Shook Up”.

Tags: Barack Obama, earthquake, Farm Neck Golf Club, George W Bush, golf, Martha's Vineyard, Michael Moore

________________________ __________________

LMFAO!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2011, 12:38:36 PM »
ESPN 'reminds' Azinger to lay off tweets about President Obama
Comments 210 By Michael McCarthy, USA TODAY Updated 1h 27m ago

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/08/paul-azinger-president-barack-obama-jobs-golf-zings-marthas-vineyard-ryders-cup/1

Golfer turned TV analyst Paul Azinger took to Twitter to zing President Barack Obama for playing too much golf on Martha Vineyard during his vacation.

By Steven Senne
AP Photo
UPDATE: ESPN is coming down on Paul Azinger for mocking President Barack Obama on Twitter.

The golf analyst tweeted Friday that the Commander-in-chief plays more golf than he does -- and that Azinger has created more jobs this month than Obama has.

ESPN has 'reminded" Azinger his venture into political punditry violates the company's updated social network policy for on-air talent and reporters issued yesterday.

"Paul's tweet was not consistent with our social media policy, and he has been reminded that political commentary is best left to those in that field," spokesman Andy Hall told Game On! in a statement.

ESPN's Hall would not comment on whether Azinger, who won the 1993 PGA Championship, will be fired, suspended or punished in some way. "We handle that internally," he said.

President Obama has a good relationship with ESPN. He's appeared several times on the network to fill out his March Madness brackets for both the men's and women's college basketball tournaments.

PREVIOUS: ESPN's Paul Azinger is zinging President Barack Obama for playing too much golf on Martha's Vineyard during his vacation. The PGA pro, golf analyst, author and businessman took to Twitter to mock Obama, tweeting he's created more jobs than the President.

TELL US:  Was Couples right to pick Woods for Presidents Cup?

GAME ON:  Is Obama the Tiger Woods of politics

Azinger, who captained the U.S. team to victory in the 2008 Ryder's Cup, tweeted Friday:

Facts: Potus has played more golf this month than I have: I have created more jobs this month than he has.

See photos of: Barack Obama, Ryder Cup, Martha's Vineyard

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2011, 02:08:16 PM »
Some Gave All, Obama Shot Par
American Thinker ^ | August 26, 2011 | Betsy M. Galliher

Without question, President Obama seems to have long ago perfected the art of evading responsibility, better perhaps than even most teenagers, and whoever coined the phrase "working vacation."

Obama's favored modus oper-voidance continues to be the game of golf -- a sport for which many, including me, share a great affection -- even if Obama still seems unaware golf is a game best played in less perilous times. Say, retirement -- around 2013.

Obama has played at least four rounds of golf -- in between dribbling, biking, and socializing with major fundraisers -- since beginning his 10-day family vacation on Martha's Vineyard, which comes as no surprise. Honestly, I tire of even discussing his juvenile preoccupation with public recreation at this juncture in the fundamental transformation, but the image of an obtuse Obama on the course this time around strikes a particularly heart wrenching nerve.

On his first full day of vacation, August 19th, as Obama golfed one of Martha Vineyard's private courses, at least five of our most elite - some of the 30 victims of the deadly Taliban attack on their Chinook helicopter August 6th -- were laid to rest. Even Obama's ambitious 77 rounds of golf in as little as 31 months failed to numb to the image.

The timing of events at the most inopportune moments -- natural disasters, economic turmoil, and chaos at home and overseas -- has stung other Presidents. It is, to a large degree, humanly impossible to avoid every such image. But frankly, no one in history has seemed so at ease, so lacking in humility -- so, can't you see I'm on vacation -- even in the midst of great fear, insecurity, tragedy, or unforeseen terrorism, than Barack Obama.

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2011, 05:58:59 PM »
Obama is playing golf with golf balls manufactured in North Korea, but washed in Africa.

Meanwhile we haven't and a representative government since FDR, some say even before that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2011, 06:35:53 PM »
ESPN 'reminds' Azinger to lay off tweets about President Obama
Comments 210 By Michael McCarthy, USA TODAY Updated 1h 27m ago

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/08/paul-azinger-president-barack-obama-jobs-golf-zings-marthas-vineyard-ryders-cup/1

Golfer turned TV analyst Paul Azinger took to Twitter to zing President Barack Obama for playing too much golf on Martha Vineyard during his vacation.

By Steven Senne
AP Photo
UPDATE: ESPN is coming down on Paul Azinger for mocking President Barack Obama on Twitter.

The golf analyst tweeted Friday that the Commander-in-chief plays more golf than he does -- and that Azinger has created more jobs this month than Obama has.

ESPN has 'reminded" Azinger his venture into political punditry violates the company's updated social network policy for on-air talent and reporters issued yesterday.

"Paul's tweet was not consistent with our social media policy, and he has been reminded that political commentary is best left to those in that field," spokesman Andy Hall told Game On! in a statement.

ESPN's Hall would not comment on whether Azinger, who won the 1993 PGA Championship, will be fired, suspended or punished in some way. "We handle that internally," he said.

President Obama has a good relationship with ESPN. He's appeared several times on the network to fill out his March Madness brackets for both the men's and women's college basketball tournaments.

PREVIOUS: ESPN's Paul Azinger is zinging President Barack Obama for playing too much golf on Martha's Vineyard during his vacation. The PGA pro, golf analyst, author and businessman took to Twitter to mock Obama, tweeting he's created more jobs than the President.

TELL US:  Was Couples right to pick Woods for Presidents Cup?

GAME ON:  Is Obama the Tiger Woods of politics

Azinger, who captained the U.S. team to victory in the 2008 Ryder's Cup, tweeted Friday:

Facts: Potus has played more golf this month than I have: I have created more jobs this month than he has.

See photos of: Barack Obama, Ryder Cup, Martha's Vineyard

Don't comment on the POTUS unless it's positive.

ESPN Comes Down on Golf Analyst for Criticizing Obama
By Noel Sheppard | August 27, 2011

ESPN has come down on one of its golf analysts for publicly criticizing President Obama.

It all began Thursday when former golf great Paul Azinger tweeted the following:

That was followed by:

According to USA Today, ESPN responded Friday:

On Friday ESPN 'reminded" Azinger his venture into political punditry violates the company's updated social network policy for on-air talent and reporters.

Yet ESPN seems to be rather inconsistent about political commentary from its employees. As NewsBusters reported in April 2007:

Even so, it came as something of a shock to observe that one ESPN personality is turning his on-screen appearances into an opportunity to promote the candidacy of a Dem presidential contender. Many sportscasters have their signature calls. From Stuart Scott's "boo-yah!" to Chris Berman's "back-back-back gone!," several of the ESPN announcers utter idiosyncratic phrases to underline signal athletic accomplishments. Fair enough. But watching ESPN's Kenny Mayne over the course of the last few days, I was surprised to notice that he has coined a new call. Home run at a crucial moment? Three-pointer to take the lead in a basketball game? "Obama!", exclaims Mayne.

Mayne has continued making political comments without any rebuke from ESPN as Dana Loesch noted at Big Journalism Friday:

Further making my case for their cherry-picked policy enforcement, check out the Tweets of on-air talent Mayne:

Loesch also noted that another ESPN personality, Adam Shefter, has made numerous political tweets including this one in May:

As Loesch pointed out, it's okay at ESPN to hype Obama since corporate owner Disney gave more of its 2008 campaign dollars to the junior senator from Illinois than anyone or anything else that year.

You just better not say anything bad about him.

Got that, Zinger?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/08/27/espn-comes-down-golf-analyst-criticizing-obama

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2011, 06:38:36 PM »
It's all about catering to the black male viewer.    Nothing more.   Guilt ridden white libs and their pet blacks can't accept any negative news about the Marxist Messiah. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2011, 09:45:23 AM »
President discloses official name for his golf cart ("Golf Cart One")
The Hill ^ | September 8, 2011 | Judy Kurtz

SOUNDBITE: "I was just telling these guys I’m not allowed to drive much these days, basically just my golf cart at Camp David -- which is called Golf Cart One." -President Obama on Wednesday at a White House ceremony honoring NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion Jimmie Johnson. Vice President Joe Biden also recently lamented in Car and Driver magazine the fact that the Secret Service doesn't allow him to get behind the wheel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMFAO! ! ! !  ! ! ! ! ! !

GOLF CART1?     

wtf!