Author Topic: VIKINGS/SAINTS  (Read 4113 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
VIKINGS/SAINTS
« on: January 24, 2010, 04:36:17 PM »
Shootout so far, as expected. The Saints are hitting Favre fairly often which could take its toll in the 4th quarter.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: VIKINGS/SAINTS
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 07:49:44 PM »
same old favre

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 07:51:21 PM »
hahhah farve needs to retire...the jets made it farther with a rookie qb than they did with him and made it just as far with a lesser team...

sorry farve lovers the little cry baby needs to call it quits

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 08:04:11 PM »
no point in having great regular season stats if you know he will blow it in the playoffs

E
E

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 08:11:01 PM »
no point in having great regular season stats if you know he will blow it in the playoffs

E

Exactly,history will only show that final throw/interception for this season.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 08:15:02 PM »
Exactly,history will only show that final throw/interception for this season.
dont forget his whining and waffling for the last 2 seasons

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 08:16:24 PM »
Yeah, the constant fumbles by the rest of the Vikings had nothing to do with the loss.......it was all Favre.....and without Favre last year and Tardvaris Jackson at QB how did the Vikes fair ?  No question he made them a far better team and is still a very good QB.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 08:16:43 PM »

I know, I think all his shenanigans over the past two years have really tarnished the way people will remember him.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 08:17:42 PM »
Yeah, the constant fumbles by the rest of the Vikings had nothing to do with the loss.......it was all Favre.....and without Favre last year and Tardvaris Jackson at QB how did the Vikes fair ?  No question he made them a far better team and is still a very good QB.

Blah, blah, Mr. antagonist/I told you so, shows up right on time ;)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 08:20:37 PM »
Blah, blah, Mr. antagonist/I told you so, shows up right on time ;)

You know I'm right just like I was right about lil lane Kiffin and tried to warn you.... ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 08:22:16 PM »
Yeah, the constant fumbles by the rest of the Vikings had nothing to do with the loss.......it was all Favre.....and without Favre last year and Tardvaris Jackson at QB how did the Vikes fair ?  No question he made them a far better team and is still a very good QB.
same could be said for Rick Sanchez after all they went farther with him than they did with farve... ;)

P.S. the starting QB would have been Sage Rosenfels this year if farve hadnt waffled and decided to hold another team hostage for the preseason  ::)

I will give you though that the fumbles cost them iono if it cost them the game but it did cost them...

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 09:14:31 PM »

more like last 5 seasons

E
E

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 10:39:40 PM »
no comment ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 10:44:09 PM »
Tavaris was awful. He was a mediocre QB who did not know how to win and it was widely acknowledged that the Vikes have had everything but a QB in place for a few years now. Favre, despite the fuck up, is still a very good QB and had them within a stone's throw of the Super Bowl. I hate the guy but there's no denying the Vikes took a step in the right direction with him at the helm.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 08:35:20 AM »
Tavaris was awful. He was a mediocre QB who did not know how to win and it was widely acknowledged that the Vikes have had everything but a QB in place for a few years now. Favre, despite the fuck up, is still a very good QB and had them within a stone's throw of the Super Bowl. I hate the guy but there's no denying the Vikes took a step in the right direction with him at the helm.

This is a post I can totally respect.

And Favre with the bicep problem on the Jets isn't a fair comparison.  He was healthy this season and played GREAT.  Hope to see him back next season....he's good for the NFL and game.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 12:13:15 PM »
This is a post I can totally respect.

And Favre with the bicep problem on the Jets isn't a fair comparison.  He was healthy this season and played GREAT.  Hope to see him back next season....he's good for the NFL and game.
phuq Pharve
((-::

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 01:13:05 PM »
phuq Pharve

haha, easy now Keith Brooking......... Favre > Romo

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 01:08:01 AM »
Vikings lost it more than saint won.Favre was solely holding Vikings together in the second half.
I mean, are you supposed to fear that your TB or receivers will just drop the ball again.
This in a Confrence final?
Where was the pressure on Brees? AP had 3TDs sure and good yards but, don't lose the football!!

There sure was no Brady rule on QB punisment on this game...

Actually this game was a lot like the latest Rocky movie :)

body88

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 06:14:45 AM »
Vikings lost it more than saint won.Favre was solely holding Vikings together in the second half.
I mean, are you supposed to fear that your TB or receivers will just drop the ball again.
This in a Confrence final?
Where was the pressure on Brees? AP had 3TDs sure and good yards but, don't lose the football!!

There sure was no Brady rule on QB punisment on this game...

Actually this game was a lot like the latest Rocky movie :)

The Brady rule = defender is not allowed to lunge at the knees after being downed or tackled to the ground.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 10:46:45 AM »

The Brady rule = defender is not allowed to lunge at the knees after being downed or tackled to the ground.

The high/low hit on Favre was a 15 year penalty. It completely changed the game and how Favre played it.

I love how all the critics say that Favre should have ran with the ball instead of mistakenly throwing the INT. The guy could hardly put weight on the ankle after the last hit. Not to mention he's 40 years old and never been known as a scrambler even in his younger days.

Maybe if his O-line would have given him better protection, Favre wouldn't been flushed out of the pocket to the right side and throwing across his body. Or maybe if Harvin, Peterson(3 times) and Berrian not fumbled the ball, Favre wouldn't have been in that position. Or how about the ridiculous 12 man in the huddle penalty the play prior?

Favre had a terrific year. An amazing year, given his age. People are forgetting that he threw four TD's the previous week against Dallas so it's not like he stunk it up completely in the playoffs. He was the MVP for the Vikings and his presence on the team was the main reason the Vikings were one game from the Superbowl.

It's ridiculous how badly he's getting slammed right now in the press. I know it sounds like I have a man crush but I respect Favre like crazy. He's a true warrior. Name another QB that has had his longetivity or played so well at his age. He can keep playing as long as he feels like it. His legacy is intact no matter how long he keeps playing.

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 11:31:03 AM »

Brady rule = Say to referee " they can't do that "

GUTS: I totally agree with you about running with it. 3yds max.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 08:08:46 AM »
The high/low hit on Favre was a 15 year penalty. It completely changed the game and how Favre played it.

I love how all the critics say that Favre should have ran with the ball instead of mistakenly throwing the INT. The guy could hardly put weight on the ankle after the last hit. Not to mention he's 40 years old and never been known as a scrambler even in his younger days.

Maybe if his O-line would have given him better protection, Favre wouldn't been flushed out of the pocket to the right side and throwing across his body. Or maybe if Harvin, Peterson(3 times) and Berrian not fumbled the ball, Favre wouldn't have been in that position. Or how about the ridiculous 12 man in the huddle penalty the play prior?

Favre had a terrific year. An amazing year, given his age. People are forgetting that he threw four TD's the previous week against Dallas so it's not like he stunk it up completely in the playoffs. He was the MVP for the Vikings and his presence on the team was the main reason the Vikings were one game from the Superbowl.

It's ridiculous how badly he's getting slammed right now in the press. I know it sounds like I have a man crush but I respect Favre like crazy. He's a true warrior. Name another QB that has had his longetivity or played so well at his age. He can keep playing as long as he feels like it. His legacy is intact no matter how long he keeps playing.

EXCELLEMT post and agree with everything you have to say.  Sounds like a conversation I had on Monday with a friend about it.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 10:18:31 AM »
EXCELLEMT post and agree with everything you have to say.  Sounds like a conversation I had on Monday with a friend about it.

Thanks dude. So many Favre haters. I don't get it. people are so focusing on how he's tarnishing his legacy. Do you really think Favre gives a shit what these haters are saying? He obviously can still play. It's not his fault the Viking lost.

He's a professional athlete playing in the NFL. That's what he does. He's been doing for almost 20 years, which is amazing.

And guess what else......he's not washed up, he's just 40 years old. See you in 2010, Brett.

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 11:56:31 AM »
People seem so upset that Favre " held (choose NFL Team) hostage "

NFL and the teams in it care so much about the individual themselves.
Can't do it - you're fired - somebody else will.

If a 40year old guy can walk in to a pro football team, post camp, and be welcomed as a starting QB. Is it his false?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 12:03:29 PM »
when one player does it for 5 -6 years and holds a press confernce crying "i have nothing left to give", it gets a bit annoying

he choked in the big game, something he has done every year since 1998

E
E