Author Topic: My new book, 12 weeks to beach body abs  (Read 4576 times)

myseone

• Getbig III
My new book, 12 weeks to beach body abs
« on: June 12, 2007, 06:07:58 PM »
I have written a book, the name of the title is 12 weeks to beach body abs. Essentially it is a 12 week exercise, nutrition and recovery program designed for building more muscular abs. The content is actually aimed towards building a total physique not just the abs.

Points covered within the book are:

Exercise choice
Repetition tempo for specific results
The use of intensity enhancers
How much rest to take between sets
Optimal exercise choice and form
How to determine you unique nutrient needs
What types of food to eat
Nutrient timing
Optimal use of regular cardio and interval cardio
and more

In the book I explain why you should be using specific exercise, tempo, rest, etc. protocols and how to manipulate them to get optimal results. The book contains 4 methods on determining your nutrient and caloric needs. The book contains a 12 weeks exercise plan with flexible options to keep your muscles responding.

The information in the book are methods that I have personally used on myself and others to create awesome progress drug free. Yes the information will produce awesome results for drug free trainees. To learn more about this book or to place an order for it visit my website

www.lawrencehosannah.com

here is the front cover of the book

If you have any questions about the book place them in this thread

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
Re: My new book, 12 weeks to beach body abs
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 07:41:06 PM »
Genetics, either you got em' or you don't
Don't let em fool ya

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 08:09:28 PM »
Genetics, either you got em' or you don't

Yes genetics always factor in, as do other factors, most notably diet, exercise, recovery and mindset. I know for a fact that genetics won't take you all the way. I would say that genetics are most important in the short term, meaning if you have a person who has outstanding genetics for building muscle and another that has average genetics, the one with outstanding genetics will build more muscle in a given unit of time (as well as have the potential to build more muscle overall). Potential is just potential, it means nothing without the application of discipline, focus, proper application of knowledge.

Over time a person that applies proper discipline, focus and application of knowledge will generally over time (years) surpass those with superior genetics and hold back. Genetic superiors (in bodybuilding terms) that apply all the key variables produce levels of development that amaze us all. I'm talking drug free here.

Getting back to the book, I have placed the knowledge that I have learned over 17 years into this book, knowledge that I know will help anyone build more muscle and get leaner, whether they are genetically gifted or average.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 08:46:47 PM »
This is not an E book right??     Im interested in the nutritional stuff, ill look up your site.    You carry alot of weight for drugfree lifters.  Have you competed and why not the musclemania .......instant celebrity..

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 09:00:43 PM »
This is not an E book right??     Im interested in the nutritional stuff, ill look up your site.    You carry alot of weight for drugfree lifters.  Have you competed and why not the musclemania .......instant celebrity..

No it is available in hardcopy only.

Thanks. I've competed before, did a NGA show and a few NPC, tested and non tested events. I actually did well, even in non tested shows and qualified a few times for the nationals. I did do the superbody in Miami (a musclemania event), did okay there. I stopped competing because I lost interest (I like training and sharing my knowledge more, building other people) and wanted to pursue other things like my art. You never know I might step back on stage at some point, we will see.

I've seen your pics, you have a lot of potential as well, are you going to compete or have you?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 08:19:11 PM »
No it is available in hardcopy only.

Thanks. I've competed before, did a NGA show and a few NPC, tested and non tested events. I actually did well, even in non tested shows and qualified a few times for the nationals. I did do the superbody in Miami (a musclemania event), did okay there. I stopped competing because I lost interest (I like training and sharing my knowledge more, building other people) and wanted to pursue other things like my art. You never know I might step back on stage at some point, we will see.

I've seen your pics, you have a lot of potential as well, are you going to compete or have you?

Have competed.  Like you in open and drugfree.   Did real well, it was a suprise to me.

Thanks for the props, powerlifting built a base.  Am eating clean and leaning out but putting no pressure on myself.   Hope to get as ripped as you someday.. 8)

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 07:08:26 AM »
Lawrence - I read an article on Bodybuilding.com about you and you said that you worked out 3 days a week during the off season and suggested that most should do as well. What's your typical routine during this time? They referenced a 4 day routine instead. Also, you've said that you made the most gains when you first began because you only had access to very basic equipment. What kind of routine  were you doing then? Also, I see you split your parts; what's your opinion on full body 3 days a week routines? Thanks!

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 05:47:42 PM »

Have competed.  Like you in open and drugfree.   Did real well, it was a suprise to me.

Thanks for the props, powerlifting built a base.  Am eating clean and leaning out but putting no pressure on myself.   Hope to get as ripped as you someday.. 8)

Yeah powerlifting is definitely a productive way to build a large amount of dense muscle. If I was the king of the universe I would force every natural bodybuilder to do a 5 year stint at a powerlifting camp. ;D

It's obvious that you would do well in bodybuilding.

Law

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 06:14:25 PM »
Lawrence - I read an article on Bodybuilding.com about you and you said that you worked out 3 days a week during the off season and suggested that most should do as well. What's your typical routine during this time? They referenced a 4 day routine instead. Also, you've said that you made the most gains when you first began because you only had access to very basic equipment. What kind of routine  were you doing then? Also, I see you split your parts; what's your opinion on full body 3 days a week routines? Thanks!

In the off season I train 3-4 times a week, my muscles are split over 3-4 days.
If I'm training 3 times a week I split, Mon-chest/arms, Wed-back/delts, Fri-thighs, and every 3 weeks deads on Saturday.

If its 4 times a week it breaks down to the same as above except I train my quads and hams separately.

The program is made up of basic movements such as squats, deadlifts, rows, pulldowns, dips, incline bench press, etc.. and I add 1 isolation movement per muscle group, so back it would be straight arm cable lat pulldowns, for chest flyes, for biceps barbell curls, etc..

I'm not a believer in high volume for building actual muscle fiber, I think that minimal work done extremely intensely will produce the best fiber growth. moderate volume is great for increasing  glycogen storage only when combined with lots of carbs and calories. Since muscles are around 80% water it helps to do some form of moderate volume work.

For growth you have to first stimulate growth with high intensity activity, then rest the area as well as feed it.

I have found that nothing can beat a 10 week phase of specialization on the barbell squat for 10-20 reps, do this and you'll grow everywhere. Nothing beats barbell squats and plenty of food for outstanding drug free growth.

Full body programs are great for beginners as they provide more frequency and less volume which is better for beginners. As you grow you have to increase volume slightly (at least initially), but with full body programs this can be extremely draining. Full body routines also don't allow for real physique balance as the first movements done in the program get the most justice, the last areas worked for the day lose out to some degree. They can also benefit more depending on the sequence of exercises.

Advanced trainees can go back to modified full body training methods periodically to build a fresh base of strength, which is imperative for true growth. A modified full body program might include squats, deadlifts, dips and chins for 5 sets of 5 reps, done 3 times a week, with one of the movements being really pushed each day, the others would be done with lighter weight or a higher rep lower set mode (for example 2 x 10 reps). This cannot be tolerated for long though, I wouldn't do it more than 4 weeks.

The reason why I grew fastest initially is because my body was virgin to the weights. As I progressed grow tended to slow down. Actually I did attain another growth spurt when I specialized more on squatting and deadlifting for 10 week phases.

I've tried many different routines, with different effect. If I had to suggest an effective program I would tell you to train 3 times a week on nonconsecutive days. Base your program on the basic exercises. Perform no more than six direct sets for big muscles and 3 for smaller muscles. Eat like its going out of style. rest well. Do that for a few years and you'll make tremendous progress. All this nonsense nowadays about training, is bullshit. Oh yes, warm up properly, use decent (not perfect form, perform reps between 4-20 in most cases.

Law

oh yeah to clarify the high intensity,

high intensity means: balls to the wall, taking a set to the point where you feel like you might meet god if you continue...but still continuing... it means being highly driven, a mad man with your training.  This can not be made up by doing more sets.

In the example of the squat, taking a weight that you have never done more than 10 with and getting 20 with it. Thats what triggers extreme drug free development. :)

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 04:56:18 PM »
Great post! Thanks! I'm getting the point where I'm having a harder time recovering from a 3 day full body routine (getting into heavier weights). Any advice/recommended routine/etc for moving to a 3 day split routine? Thanks!