Author Topic: pulled delt?  (Read 8576 times)

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
pulled delt?
« on: November 23, 2014, 09:58:04 AM »
I was doing handstands at the end of my workout friday.  Just fucking around seeing how long I could hold it.  Last night and today my left delt/upper arm is fucking killing me.  lift it to the side and it hurts.  lift it in a front raise motion and it hurts worse.  feels right where the delt connects to the arm between the bi/tri.  I can't drop training completely, especially my cardio.  What can i do to fix my broke ass right quick??  help.

falco

• Getbig V
Re: pulled delt?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 10:32:11 AM »
Sounds like a muscle tear. Stop training, eat, sleep and wait a couple of weeks. Start working out slowly and most important, avoid exercises that cause you pain and disconfort.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 10:33:15 AM »
a tear seems a little extreme since the pain didn't start for over 12 hours after the exercise. 

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 10:58:31 AM »
ice that!!!
I hate icing given sore parts, but nothing works as good to bring you back...
?

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 11:05:19 AM »
commencing the icing. 

also, any chance i'll fuck it up more just by running today?  maybe swinging my arms on a run might fuck it up more.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 11:18:13 AM »
commencing the icing. 

also, any chance i'll fuck it up more just by running today?  maybe swinging my arms on a run might fuck it up more.

maybe do some biking instead? When I used to run (soooo long ago..) I'd get cramps in my left shoulder area. If you don't feel pain, I guess, but the first 48hrs or so post injury and what you do have a huge factor on the recovery.

One product that has helped me with my neck sprains is "Joint force" by Epharm. More than just an eucaliptus based product, stuff has kept me going when hurt for sure in regards to neck, shoulder and forearm pain. Also have bone spur in my left foot it helps me deal with.

?