Author Topic: Governor Ron DeSantis  (Read 24846 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Governor Ron DeSantis
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2021, 01:32:24 PM »
NY and CA are the worst of the worst of all measures and liberalfaggets and twinks like Straw et al keep making excuses.

They're waiting for Biden to come from on high, like Moses the lawgiver, with commandments as to how to re-open schools (that is, how much $$$ to cough up to sorry teachers' unions).

Our schools have been reopened since late last summer (at least in Orange/Seminole County). Parents can do full onsite schooling, virtual schooling, or a hybrid of the two. Private schools have their own options as well. My kids are going to school twice a week.

I believe schools will be fully reopened in Florida (overall) for 2021-2022 school year. There may be some static from Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties, the most heavily Democrat spots in the state.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2021, 01:34:54 PM »
They're waiting for Biden to come from on high, like Moses the lawgiver, with commandments as to how to re-open schools (that is, how much $$$ to cough up to sorry teachers' unions).

Our schools have been reopened since late last summer (at least in Orange/Seminole County). Parents can do full onsite schooling, virtual schooling, or a hybrid of the two. Private schools have their own options as well. My kids are going to school twice a week.

I believe schools will be fully reopened in Florida (overall) for 2021-2022 school year. There may be some static from Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties, the most heavily Democrat spots in the state.

Florida right now is leading the nation in many categories.    Liberal failed states like NY, CA, are bleeding residents to Florida.   Liberal failures hate the hell they create and then flee free places like Florida and then bring their failed beliefs there. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2021, 01:45:55 PM »
Sure are a lot of angry Florida liberals even with the benefit of improved outcomes and standard of living. Imagine how angry you'd be in Cali, Chicago or New York.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2021, 03:19:19 PM »
Sure are a lot of angry Florida liberals even with the benefit of improved outcomes and standard of living. Imagine how angry you'd be in Cali, Chicago or New York.

Pretty ironic they are living a good life in FL and hate it so much at the same time. ;D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2021, 04:41:12 PM »
Who said they hated it?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2021, 04:49:09 PM »
Who said they hated it?

Well if you vote for democrat faggets you get AOC and cuomo.  If you want that vote democrat and destroy your state

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2021, 05:37:18 PM »

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2021, 06:52:04 AM »

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2021, 12:01:58 PM »
;D

I am talking in reference to covid.  Not the state itself. 

Who knew simple conversations were so hard to follow along with?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2021, 12:48:16 PM »

Then pay attention.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2021, 06:49:13 AM »

Most of BLM is on welfare of some sort, so your similar stance makes sense.

Kill the golden goose. Bite the hand that feeds. Etc.  :D

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2021, 01:22:49 AM »
Those numbers are reflected by the cases reported.  When you don't report cases, they don't get included in the numbers.

You can read about the raid here :
https://www.npr.org/2020/12/08/944200394/florida-agents-raid-home-of-rebekah-jones-former-state-data-scientist

Then they are wrong.

Same Data, Different Vibe

https://polimath.substack.com/p/same-data-different-vibe

Ms. Jones’ dashboard combines the RT-PCR testing with the antibody testing in order to deliver a number that says “here is how many people have had COVID in our state”. This makes sense (see note at the bottom).

Except that no other state does this. By combining disparate data sets, Ms Jones has muddied the waters around what the “true” number of detected infections. Her dashboard turns Florida into an orange that can’t be compared against the other 49 apples in the United States.
________________________ ________

If you’ve seen the stories of Florida hiding data, then you need to realize that those stories are nonsense. If Florida was hiding data, Ms Jones’ dashboard would be worthless. She is pulling from the same formal official Florida data sources as the official Florida COVID dashboard. She’s just arranging the data differently.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2021, 09:17:37 PM »
If Trump runs in 2024, he should pick DeSantis as his running mate.

If he does not run, I can see some variation of DeSantis/Rubio as something I could support and that would be formidable.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2021, 12:57:32 PM »
I'm looking forward to hearing DeSantis's excuses when COVID starts surging again in Florida

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2021, 02:55:40 PM »
I'm looking forward to hearing DeSantis's excuses when COVID starts surging again in Florida
Typical liberal mentality, wishing illness and harm on Americans to "prove a point". ::)
Most foreign posters on getbig are better Americans than straw man.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2021, 03:43:10 PM »
March 12, 2021
Joining a growing swell of states, Gov. Ron DeSantis appears focused on erasing mask requirements across Florida by now demanding that such emergency powers of local governments be rolled back by the Republican-led Legislature.

March 20, 2021
Miami Beach officers shoot pepper balls into spring break crowds to enforce emergency curfew.

Miami Beach Mayor Dan Gelber declared a state of emergency and set an 8 p.m. curfew, saying the crowds that have descended on the city recently are "more than we can handle."

"Too many are coming, really, without the intention of following the rules, and the result has been a level of chaos and disorder that is just something more than we can endure," Gelber told CNN's Ana Cabrera.

On Saturday night, hundreds of mostly maskless people remained in the streets well after the 8 p.m. curfew. With sirens blaring, police opened fire with pepper balls -- a chemical irritant similar to paint balls -- into the crowd, causing a stampede of people fleeing.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2021, 03:46:41 PM »

What is newsoms excuse then for an equally horrible record to that of killer cuomo ?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2021, 07:22:12 PM »
I live in Florida, I'm not a fan of Ron. Having said that... I have evolved in my position on Covid. Initially I was all about social distancing, Masks, limiting exposure. But living in Florida and being in a tourist location I have seen first hand how government "rules" aren't worth the paper they are written on and people are going to do pretty much what they want. Desantos was one of the firsts to open up, and during the peak of the pandemic I've walked past bars that were packed with people acting like Covid didn't exist. At first it bothered me greatly because I keep up with the Covid data and know when Florida is spiking and how dangerous it is. But after months of seeing people from out of state coming here because they know they can act like Covid doesn't exist and our government goes along with it I adopted the "Screw the ignorant jerks, I'll just fend for myself" attitude. It has been a great relief. I can now walk past overfilled bars knowing people in there will likely either die, or transmit the disease to elderly loved ones upon their return to states that take it seriously and they will die and sleep like a baby knowing they had access to all the information I had access to and chose to ignore it. In the end it will likely mean less Republican voters which can't be a bad thing. Maybe God has a hand in this.. who knows..

You’re view is not based in reality. In NYC among the demographics that actually frequent bars there was never a first wave:

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2021, 09:21:30 PM »
You’re view is not based in reality.
You could have just stopped here, he's a liberal.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2021, 02:51:00 AM »
You could have just stopped here, he's a liberal.

Ironically, it’s not even a liberal or conservative thing. Their opinion is more in line with Trump’s than mine. Trump was all for lockdowns and continually criticized Sweden.  I heard him yesterday on Maria Bartiromo’s show and he was recommending that everybody get the vaccine. I don’t think anybody in a low risk group should get it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2021, 05:29:45 PM »
Ironically, it’s not even a liberal or conservative thing. Their opinion is more in line with Trump’s than mine. Trump was all for lockdowns and continually criticized Sweden.  I heard him yesterday on Maria Bartiromo’s show and he was recommending that everybody get the vaccine. I don’t think anybody in a low risk group should get it.

That I am getting the COVID vaccine says a lot. I am not someone who gets vaccinated unless it is absolutely necessary. I got my first ever flu shot last summer and I got a at the same time DTP because of there being an infant in the house. I have no idea what childhood immunizations shots I had since I moved around a lot before I was 8 years old. However, I also traveled to Europe when I was 5 years old and one would imagine immunizations of some type were required....maybe not. I seem to remember having the smallpox vaccine several times because I never got the scar and I had no records to prove I'd had it. Smallpox vaccines stopped being required in the U.S. in 1972.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2021, 05:54:35 AM »
That I am getting the COVID vaccine says a lot. I am not someone who gets vaccinated unless it is absolutely necessary. I got my first ever flu shot last summer and I got a at the same time DTP because of there being an infant in the house. I have no idea what childhood immunizations shots I had since I moved around a lot before I was 8 years old. However, I also traveled to Europe when I was 5 years old and one would imagine immunizations of some type were required....maybe not. I seem to remember having the smallpox vaccine several times because I never got the scar and I had no records to prove I'd had it. Smallpox vaccines stopped being required in the U.S. in 1972.

You’re getting vaccinated because that’s what you were told to do.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2021, 03:02:55 PM »
You’re getting vaccinated because that’s what you were told to do.

Possibly. Even if this is the case, it is worth the peace of mind it brings me. Although I am healthy, I have some key factors which might make me more vulnerable to COVID. I am old, I have asthma, several allergies and I am prone to bronchial pneumonia, having had it multiple times throughout my life, including immediately following my premature birth. Since starting a pneumonia shot each year, I've not had that illness. This leads me to believe some preventative vaccines may be beneficial.

Late last week, a relative died from COVID within a few days of being diagnosed.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2021, 03:26:38 PM »
Possibly. Even if this is the case, it is worth the peace of mind it brings me. Although I am healthy, I have some key factors which might make me more vulnerable to COVID. I am old, I have asthma, several allergies and I am prone to bronchial pneumonia, having had it multiple times throughout my life, including immediately following my premature birth. Since starting a pneumonia shot each year, I've not had that illness. This leads me to believe some preventative vaccines may be beneficial.

Late last week, a relative died from COVID within a few days of being diagnosed.

Sorry to hear about the loss.

How old was this person? Did he/she have preexisting conditions?

The median age of a Covid “victim” is 78 with 2 preexistings.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2021, 08:00:18 PM »
Typical liberal mentality, wishing illness and harm on Americans to "prove a point". ::)
Most foreign posters on getbig are better Americans than straw man.

Right?  You know how many liberals/progressive have wished harm on me and my family because they disagree with my political views?  It's sick.