Author Topic: interested in nabba classic bb  (Read 2788 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
interested in nabba classic bb
« on: September 09, 2022, 11:33:58 AM »
according to the guidelines max stage weight is 100 minus height in cm plus 6 so for me that's 84.5 kg

in these pics in 77 kg but not quite stage ready

i'm now 80 kg but not as conditioned here as these pics are my all time heightest conditioned weight which was bout 2 years ago

my legs need alot of work but just curious as to what are my better and worse upper body parts?

thanks fellas

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Brian had a probation officer but wasnt a criminal
Re: interested in nabba classic bb
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 02:10:13 PM »
upper body from the front good shape , classic look
Still some to come off low back and around 10lbs should do it

I know your legs have been a problem, maybe a different approach to training my yield some results after 50

I dont push poundages anymore, lighter weights, slow and deliberate movements with full isometric tension throughout every rep, I also flex my quads between sets and old the contraction.
Then staright back on the set
Try machines rather than free squats , you can get better isolation on the quads whe you are not tottering around trying to focus on balancing a weight

Anything else I can do to help just ask.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 02:48:14 PM »
upper body from the front good shape , classic look
Still some to come off low back and around 10lbs should do it

I know your legs have been a problem, maybe a different approach to training my yield some results after 50

I dont push poundages anymore, lighter weights, slow and deliberate movements with full isometric tension throughout every rep, I also flex my quads between sets and old the contraction.
Then staright back on the set
Try machines rather than free squats , you can get better isolation on the quads whe you are not tottering around trying to focus on balancing a weight

Anything else I can do to help just ask.

much appreciated

what do you think of leg ext with a 2-3 second hold at the top followed immedutaly by a machine leg press?

i'll try and post some leg shots up in about 6-8 weeks as i'll need some time to build them up

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 03:57:04 PM »
much appreciated

what do you think of leg ext with a 2-3 second hold at the top followed immedutaly by a machine leg press?

i'll try and post some leg shots up in about 6-8 weeks as i'll need some time to build them up

Give it a go
I dont use much weight or high reps, just slow and controlled movements under constant tension

My legs are fried after about half an hour

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2022, 12:39:45 AM »
You look good, DJ. Much better than Hankins. I suspect you'd also take him in a fight - use those boxing skills to punish his body. Take him into deep waters with the jab and really torture him. I'd personally like to see a comparison thread.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 04:43:46 AM »
You look good, DJ. Much better than Hankins. I suspect you'd also take him in a fight - use those boxing skills to punish his body. Take him into deep waters with the jab and really torture him. I'd personally like to see a comparison thread.

;D ;D ;D

thanks bro but my legs :-X :-X :-X

i think this idea of competing will push me to actually work them hard though

on 15's site i posted these shots and then my legs shots and gh15 himself said it looks like 2 different bodies :D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2022, 04:50:36 AM »
Give it a go
I dont use much weight or high reps, just slow and controlled movements under constant tension

My legs are fried after about half an hour

watched lots and lots of youtube vids of the golden era training from say 75-85 and EVERY FUCKING BODY did.... squats, leg press leg ext leg curl EVERY SINGLE ONE

i'm only 5'10.5" but my femurs are long which is good for aesthetic classic bb but it's horrible for squats, maybe hack squats instead?

right now i'm only doing leg ext and occasionaly i will do either hacks or leg press but not every workout, i train leg ext on delt day, so 4 delt exercises and one or maybe 2 leg exercises lol

for chest, back and delts i do 4 or 5 exercises and for bis and trs 3 exercises

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2022, 02:47:48 PM »
watched lots and lots of youtube vids of the golden era training from say 75-85 and EVERY FUCKING BODY did.... squats, leg press leg ext leg curl EVERY SINGLE ONE

i'm only 5'10.5" but my femurs are long which is good for aesthetic classic bb but it's horrible for squats, maybe hack squats instead?

right now i'm only doing leg ext and occasionaly i will do either hacks or leg press but not every workout, i train leg ext on delt day, so 4 delt exercises and one or maybe 2 leg exercises lol

for chest, back and delts i do 4 or 5 exercises and for bis and trs 3 exercises

Muscles only respond to intensity, they have no idea what excercises you are doing

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2022, 01:56:10 AM »
Muscles only respond to intensity, they have no idea what excercises you are doing

Agreed, you must train til failure. I like doing 4 sec up 4 sec down controlled constant tension also I like drop sets, one or 2 drops

muscle matters

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • IFBB pro/lifetime natural
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2022, 08:55:14 PM »
Hack squat, smith machine squat, pendulum squat are all better than barbell squat, which you can really go full range of motion and much safer.