Author Topic: Peter and Jessica Putnam in the News!  (Read 17012 times)

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
Re: Peter and Jessica Putnam in the News!
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2007, 07:12:36 PM »
I like this quote:  Steroids are a problem, but maybe not as much as you think. “(Bodybuilders) will always be the poster boys because our uniform is our body,” Peter Putnam said. “It is no worse in bodybuilding than it is in track and field, baseball or any sport.”

Putnam can't be serious can he?  "It is no worse in bodybuilding than it is in track and field, baseball or any sport.”  In bodybuilding, whether it is at a local NPC show or at the nationals, if you aren't on drugs you aren't even on stage.

Well, if you look at the efforts the competitors must go to to AVOID being CAUGHT using drugs, Track and Field is by FAR the worst when it comes to drug abuse.  The WADA is as strict on testing as any sports association/group in the world.  The name of it's Director, Dick Pound, always cracks me up  ;D

BUT, the I.F.B.B. and N.P.C. being compared to Track and Field, MLB, the NFL or NBA is flat out LAUGHABLE.  Why?  Because those bodybuilding organizations HAVE NO TESTING POLICY.  Their refusal to test simply encourages the use of drugs and further champions the "freaks of science" which their organizations produce.  Notice I didn't say "freaks of nature" because guys like Cutler, Coleman, Yates, Wheeler, etc. are NOT "freaks of nature" or "genetically gifted" like those that are engulfed by those industries would have you believe.  They are freaks of SCIENCE.  Genetics play FAR less of a role than the use of various compounds in HIGH dosages.  For those guys to actually admit that they are NOT "freaks" of nature but simply guys that use a lot of drugs and respond well to them, well, their Ego's would be Crushed...(Might be a good suggestion for a screen name.......)

The NFL, for instance, is FULL of guys that could be HIGH LEVEL N.P.C. competitors or even I.F.B.B. pros IF they choose to use the drugs that those involved in bodybuilding use and dedicated their life to the eating and training.  These people involved in bodybuilding to the extent that they are ALMOST pros or ARE pros do not realize that they are simply the left-overs that didn't have what it takes to make a living playing a SPORT.  The REAL "genetic freaks" in our society are in the NFL and NBA (to an extent), NOT in bodybuilding.  That is reality.

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2007, 02:43:33 PM »
This is a pic of Peter before he competed and completely clean. I also know that he was clean when he qualifed for nationals weighing in the mid-160's.

He looks good there, how old was he? You can tell he had good leg genetics.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2007, 02:55:07 PM »
He looks good there, how old was he? You can tell he had good leg genetics.
Not sure how old here.

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2007, 05:03:44 PM »
Cudos. Great article!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2007, 07:35:54 PM »
clean or not their,that is a great genetic base to build on.kudos for his progress even "on",he took a good base and ran with it.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2007, 06:06:22 AM »
despite both of them making their livelyhood dependent upon drug use.

but it's good drug use...  :P
footloose and fancy free

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2007, 07:33:19 AM »
I have to laugh when I see these Southern and Midwestern religious born againers. The men always look like gay men from the 1980's. The same men they persecuted, marginized and wanted to go away. I guess that was there plan. Drive them off the earth and then claim the style as their own...hahahaha

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2007, 07:41:06 AM »
DISPELLING THE MYTHS ABOUT BODYBUILDERS

They’re not all meatheads: “I’ve met some of the most intelligent people at bodybuilding shows,” Peter Putnam said. He said bodybuilders need knowledge of everything from nutrition to physiology to physics.

It’s not all about lifting weights. “About three-fourths of bodybuilding is nutrition,” Peter Putnam said. “You get big by eating proper foods and getting adequate rest.”

Bigger isn’t always better. In Jessica Putnam’s figure competition, she said the judges look for proportion and “broad shoulders, a narrow waist and shapely legs.” But even in Peter Putnam’s field, he said judges are looking for more natural-looking guys.

Steroids are a problem, but maybe not as much as you think. “(Bodybuilders) will always be the poster boys because our uniform is our body,” Peter Putnam said. “It is no worse in bodybuilding than it is in track and field, baseball or any sport.”

Not everyone’s driven by vanity. “As Christians, Peter and I want to give back,” Jessica Paxson-Putnam said. “It’s not all about us.”

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

bigtraps

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2007, 07:49:06 AM »
DISPELLING THE MYTHS ABOUT BODYBUILDERS

They’re not all meatheads: “I’ve met some of the most intelligent people at bodybuilding shows,” Peter Putnam said. He said bodybuilders need knowledge of everything from nutrition to physiology to physics.

It’s not all about lifting weights. “About three-fourths of bodybuilding is nutrition,” Peter Putnam said. “You get big by eating proper foods and getting adequate rest.”

Bigger isn’t always better. In Jessica Putnam’s figure competition, she said the judges look for proportion and “broad shoulders, a narrow waist and shapely legs.” But even in Peter Putnam’s field, he said judges are looking for more natural-looking guys.

Steroids are a problem, but maybe not as much as you think. “(Bodybuilders) will always be the poster boys because our uniform is our body,” Peter Putnam said. “It is no worse in bodybuilding than it is in track and field, baseball or any sport.”

Not everyone’s driven by vanity. “As Christians, Peter and I want to give back,” Jessica Paxson-Putnam said. “It’s not all about us.”

"As Christians", what the hell are they giving back.  Are you kidding me.  What a couple of dorks.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2007, 07:53:22 AM »
"As Christians", what the hell are they giving back.  Are you kidding me.  What a couple of dorks.
haha. and bodybuilders use no more drugs than baseball players?

yeah baseball players use test/insulin/hgh + 15 other androgens ...  ::)

bigtraps

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2007, 07:55:54 AM »
haha. and bodybuilders use no more drugs than baseball players?

yeah baseball players use test/insulin/hgh + 15 other androgens ...  ::)

Thank you.  Well said.  Who are the 2 ass wipes?

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2007, 12:54:40 PM »
Why is it that if someone in the bbbing industry has something good said about them by people outside the industry, that people in the industry start bashing and hatting on them. All those that hatting on peter are just jealous, that he is doing well in bbing and they are not

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2007, 02:29:25 PM »
I met Peter in my gym in dayton ohio, and the dude was real cool..  I asked his advice about shoulders and he went out of his way to talk to me.  so say what you want, but the dude was real cool and his wife is kick ass smokin' hot.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2007, 08:09:24 AM »
I worked the ABB table at the Pgh. Pro Figure show one year. Jessica was there.
I didn’t talk at any real length with her, but she was very polite and seemed like a nice girl.

Very attractive – even more so in person.
Never met the hubby.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2007, 08:12:07 AM »
she's very pretty, they seem like nice people but i don't see the hype about this guy Peter, pretty good arms but that's it really, don't understand all the magazine covers, we've got a local guy from here in St. Louis named Mark Erpelding who totally destroys Peter but doesn't get anywhere near the coverage.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2007, 08:23:41 AM »
they could be the ken and barbie of this decade.  oh so superficial  lol 
the muscles are about as authentic as the hair color LOL

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2007, 08:25:47 AM »

Everyone fades away slowly my friend. The question is, how bright were you at your brightest?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2007, 08:27:08 AM »
No Jessica in that Video................... ......... >:(

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2007, 08:28:46 AM »

Obviously not, judging from the pics of him when he was young. Drugs or no drugs, he seems to have a nice life and he's got a stunning wife. Doesn't look like such a bad deal to me.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2007, 08:44:25 AM »
Obviously not, judging from the pics of him when he was young. Drugs or no drugs, he seems to have a nice life and he's got a stunning wife. Doesn't look like such a bad deal to me.
cheer up, it's going to be a better day today! :)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2007, 08:47:10 AM »
she's very pretty, they seem like nice people but i don't see the hype about this guy Peter, pretty good arms but that's it really, don't understand all the magazine covers, we've got a local guy from here in St. Louis named Mark Erpelding who totally destroys Peter but doesn't get anywhere near the coverage.

Have you met them.  Doubt it.  But you did get the "she's pretty" thing right.  I had dinner with them at the Olympia with her, Peter, Flex and his girlfriend.  The all seemed very nice and actually well spoken.  Very business like the both of them.  They know they need to market themselves to make money.  (That is why your buddy Mark doesn't get any coverage).  As I was waiting for my car at valet Jessica was there waiting for a cab and I told her I'd give her a ride to her hotel.  She is very smart and she knows what to do to get sponsors for her and Peter.  I think there was a thread on here bashing her and Peter.  And after actually talking to them and spending some time I can tell everyone who bashes them has never met them .  These two would be very good for the image of BB.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2007, 08:48:47 AM »
cheer up, it's going to be a better day today! :)

Why Thank you ;D

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2007, 08:52:40 AM »
i met the both of them.

they were filming a work out video of the two of them in my now old gym in ohio.  And yes, she is ultra hot in person.  he is pretty cool too.  One of the trainers in my gym that i talk w is her ex boyfriend and you could tell he was  a little uptight about seeing the two of them in there together. 

god she is a sight in person

H-BOMB

• Getbig II
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2007, 08:55:28 AM »

Peter has great shape with few imbalances to his physique. He's winning, beating guys like Mark and Dixion at the '06 USAs, on his overall look/package/condition. Arms are good... he's probably got one of the best set of legs in amatuer ranks.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2007, 08:53:59 PM »
I think they are cute.

I don't know about two competitors in the same house though.  You need ONE sane person.