Author Topic: Gun Appreciation Thread  (Read 24358 times)

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
Gun Appreciation Thread
« on: December 21, 2011, 09:12:53 PM »
BAM

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Gun Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 09:26:26 PM »
LOL @ that being the 3rd robbery victim of the night.

Down here in FL, people that don't have shoes or jobs or dinner still carry a .38

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 09:29:21 PM »
Good news.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 09:36:17 PM »
More guns, less crime.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 09:37:56 PM »
LOL @ that being the 3rd robbery victim of the night.

Down here in FL, people that don't have shoes or jobs or dinner still carry a .38

That sounds like an awesome state to be in. Gun culture isn't that prevalent up here in Michigan, but you can still find a lot of gun-owners around here. Lots of people love to go up north during the hunting season.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 09:58:38 PM »
Gun ownage should be a right and not a privilege.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 10:00:52 PM »
Why your children should know how to use firearms:

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 10:14:33 PM »
BAM

Makes my day. Thanks for posting this. Prick is dead. Otherwise he would have walked away or get caught then get slapped on the wrist.

No surprise no charges were brought on the shooter, the cops were probably shaking his hand.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 10:31:48 PM »
it's still kind of shitty to shoot someone 8 times over what would probably be $50 worth of pocket change.

even if you only think in economical terms, with people being merely commodified objects, their worth denominated as their potential exchange value from their laboring, a human life is still worth a lot more than $50.

at the same time it's also a really shitty thing to rob another working class person who is living day to day on their weekly salary, that guy should have driven down to wallstreet and robbed bankers and politicians but instead he chose the cowardly path of robbing fellow working class people so in a way it's kind of justified that he met such a fate.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 10:33:52 PM »
anyways, ak-74su is the best and most aesthetically pleasing rifle. would love to own one but it's illegal in my state.

8)

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 10:37:29 PM »

This was a good one if you've got time to watch it all.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 10:38:33 PM »
Makes my day. Thanks for posting this. Prick is dead. Otherwise he would have walked away or get caught then get slapped on the wrist.

No surprise no charges were brought on the shooter, the cops were probably shaking his hand.

I don't think that every crime should be punishable by death or severe incapacitation. However, I do believe that people have the right to defend their life, liberty, and property from others. And the sad truth is that the cops never come in time. So when I read or hear about someone defending themselves successfully it makes me happy.

Here's a shoutout to my hometown and a father who was protecting his family from a criminal...

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 10:49:23 PM »

Wow, that man is a true hero. Interesting watch, thanks for posting..

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 10:52:05 PM »
it's still kind of shitty to shoot someone 8 times over what would probably be $50 worth of pocket change. even if you only think in economical terms, with people being merely commodified objects, heir worth denominated as their potential exchange value from their laboring, a human life is still worth a lot more than $50. it's also a really shitty thing to rob another working class person who is living day to day on their weekly salary, that guy should have driven down to wallstreet and robbed bankers and politicians but instead he chose the cowardly path of robbing fellow working class people so in a way it's kind of justified that he met that fate.

Take your class warfare to North Korea. Here in the United States we recognize that theft is WRONG in all cases and we recognize the individual's right to defend his life, liberty, and property.

anyways, ak-74su is the best and most aesthetically pleasing rifle. would love to own one but it's illegal in my state.

8)

The most aesthetically pleasing? That's in the eye of the beholder.

The best? Definitely not.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 10:58:22 PM »
  lmmfao

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 11:05:50 PM »
Firearms empower the weak; they are the great equalizer. In this video, a 70 year old man saves the life of a woman being stabbed by her ex-husband. No 70-year old would be able to take-on a middle aged man were it not for guns.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 11:16:27 PM »
Take your class warfare to North Korea. Here in the United States we recognize that theft is WRONG in all cases and we recognize the individual's right to defend his life, liberty, and property.

The most aesthetically pleasing? That's in the eye of the beholder.

The best? Definitely not.

right and wrong is a question of morality which is subjective. what is theft anyways? would you call it theft when bankers get 10 trillion dollars in tax payer funds, while at the same time lowering the value of the dollar, and as a result subsequently lowering the wages of the people who work every day for a living to pay those taxes?

because i would say that's theft, and in that case robbing a banker would merely be taking back what was rightfully owned in the first place but stolen from the taxpayers by a corrupt american bureaucratic system.

also don't be naive and pretend class warfare only exists in books or fantasy, it has existed for the past 6 thousand years - what do you think slavery is? what do you think indentured servitude is? what direction do you see the economy and the world moving in, regressing back to that point of progressing with an increase in overall wealth? class warfare is politics.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 11:25:31 PM »
aesthetics, you are an idiot because:

1. You're trying to turn a gun appreciation thread into a discussion about your retarded commie politics.

2. You think morality is subjective.

3. You think that only because some banks received bail out funds that all rich people ought to be hated.

So go fuck yourself.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, 11:27:12 PM »
WYHI?

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 11:31:39 PM »

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 11:41:05 PM »
aesthetics, you are an idiot because:

1. You're trying to turn a gun appreciation thread into a discussion about your retarded commie politics.

2. You think morality is subjective.

3. You think that only because some banks received bail out funds that all rich people ought to be hated.

So go fuck yourself.

1.) not a commie, i don't know if you've ever had an experience with real commies, i'm talking legit real commies quoting marx and preaching from an ivory tower of morality, but they are unbearable and i loathe them. i am not a commie, nor would i associate with them. i would be on the opposite end of liberalism and communism is an extenuation of liberalism, but i don't mean liberalism in the way it's used in american vernacular, but more in a 1800's sort of definition.

2.) definitely it is subjective, definitely definitely. the only thing you can even remotely argue would serve as a universal moral compass is religion however, how many different forms of religion are there and how they vary in morality and interpretation? there is no objective, universal morality.

3.) i didn't say all rich people ought to be hated, hate is irrelevant and doesn't come into play with what i said. my parents are rich, i grew up affluent surrounded by rich people, going to prep schools and yacht clubs and a bunch of pointless pretentious shit like that, i don't really have any ill-will towards rich people in general.

4.) everything is politics as politics is the extenuation of ideology, and economics combined. this thread has a political message to it, does it not? i was merely commenting on it, but yes i agree politics are boring to discuss and argue and i have no intention of trying to convince anyone of anything because i could care less. and also, most importantly and unequivocally: the ak-74su is the coolest gun  8)

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 11:46:28 PM »
mmmalright, I like you more after that. You're still wrong about ethics but I'll give you a pass on that.

Anyway, here's another heartwarming story:

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2011, 05:59:37 AM »

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2011, 06:10:41 AM »

8)

James

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 06:21:56 AM »

Great Video!