Author Topic: Is shawn and peter are complete d..cks  (Read 7909 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Is shawn and peter are complete d..cks
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2017, 11:56:31 AM »
DROP, Thanks! Will post some semi-intelligent comments once I get a chance to watch it in its entirety.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2017, 12:29:25 PM »
completely forgot about the faggotry this weekend

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2017, 01:38:40 PM »
DROP. Just finished watching it in its entirety. Very interesting show but probably old news to GetBig avid readers.

Thanks again. Are you aware of any response from Blechman!?

When I get some time I'll post some information from the past that is somewhat similar to this subject matter.

I don't recall ever purchasing an MD publication but I do plan to take a look at one off the rack to see if I still know any of  the MD employees involved and why they are still involved ...(assumng  that the above is factual).

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2017, 01:49:37 PM »
Jose Raymond should rot in hell-so sick of seeing this dumb bloated midget

Guy cisternondo looks like a nut job-that fucking dumb old man beard-oh Christ telling his life threatening pro tan allergic reaction story

This sport needs to be shut down asap
w

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2017, 02:55:01 PM »
DROP. Just finished watching it in its entirety. Very interesting show but probably old news to GetBig avid readers.

Thanks again. Are you aware of any response from Blechman!?

When I get some time I'll post some information from the past that is somewhat similar to this subject matter.

I don't recall ever purchasing an MD publication but I do plan to take a look at one off the rack to see if I still know any of  the MD employees involved and why they are still involved ...(assumng  that the above is factual).

You're welcome friend,

This video confirms what some already might know/suspect, esp those who follow RXmuscle. Dave Bay however, had a high position at MD so he knew Steve and the whole way of doing business at MD even better than the average contractor.

Afaik, Steve never came with a public response, though I'm pretty sure that he's welcome anytime at RX to do so. During shows, Steve is avoiding Dave & John like the plague, so I don't see this happening soon :D

It's sad what has happened with a once great magazine, but they went the same way as Ironman; from an informative & passionate magazine for the serious lifter to a mainstream fitness mag, loaded with ads :-\

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2017, 11:03:55 AM »
WARNING ... THIS MAY TURN OUT TO BE TOO LONG FOR MANY GETBIG READERS.  NO BIG WORDS THOUGH.  BUT PROCEED WITH CAUTI0N ...

This may be somewhat related with the present MD situation ... but not entirely.

But in this case history seems to repeat itself a bit.

Once upon a time way back in the Mike Mentzer era .... everyone who lifted heavy things or entered a bodybuilding contest  had strong desires to get a 'mention' in one of the national weight related (bodybuilding, powerlifting, olympic lifting) magazines.

And your photo in one of the magazines was really worth a thousand words, but for most everyone ... an impossibility.

But the few magazines that existed at that time were definitely uninterested unless you were a Bob Bednarski or a Mike Mentzer  or a writer such as a guy called Rick Wayne and needless to say ... I'm neglecting a handful of others.

But there were exceptions if you happened to win a "major contest" such as the Mr. California or if you happened to catch the eye of Joe Weider.

So there were many thousands of individuals who felt that they were being overlooked because their weight lifting related accomplishments went un-noticed and un-published in a national magazine.

But those who accomplished the impossible by  'being published' were held in high esteem by thousand of others who went un-noticed.

They became something like Princes within their little Muscledom Kingdom within any local gym as 'knighted' by 'Uncle Joe' himself.

But those princes were exceptionally rare and it was almost impossible for the hundreds (it was all so small back then) to get national recognition.

And the Knight in Shining Armor (the internet) was too far away to be of any help.

But a handful of individuals managed to 'jump the shark' and accomplish the impossible.

Un-be-knownst to most of us ... some will known individuals of this present day  wrote the magazine articles that became 'knownst' to all of us ..... but under pen names that were unknown by each of us. (Bill Star for example who did a lot of "authorship" for the Hoffman camp.)

But did they make a decent living? Did they get paid for their magazine efforts which often included photographs of their likeness in just about every issue"

In most cases I would GUESS that the answer would be, "NO! Not in hard, cold cash anyway!"

They got paid in other ways!

Such as .....

I don't have to make a guess about the following individuals (and here is where the Muscle Development situation may be a distant similarity).

First up ... Mike Mentzer (he told me this story personally) ....

Mike had been writing articles and appearing in photos for Mr. Weiger's magazine and one day decided to go into Joe's office and ask for an increase in his salary.

I never did ask Mike, but it's possible that he received no salary at all due to the fact that the publicity he received through the magazine was enough to be considered a salary by Uncle Joe.)

So Joe asked Mike if a one-page ad in the magazine would suffice in leu of a salary.

And he proceeded to convince Mike that it would be better than a salary or an increase in his present salary if such a salary existed at all.

So Mike somewhat reluctantly agreed.

To be continued if there is any interest.......

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2017, 11:22:25 AM »
Back in the day you got publicity by winning a contest and getting exposure in a reputable printed(!) mag, but those days are over for more than a decade.

If(!) MD is still profitable, than it's most prob because of their fraudulent business model.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2017, 12:50:01 PM »
WARNING ... THIS MAY TURN OUT TO BE TOO LONG FOR MANY GETBIG READERS.  NO BIG WORDS THOUGH.  BUT PROCEED WITH CAUTI0N ...

This may be somewhat related with the present MD situation ... but not entirely.

But in this case history seems to repeat itself a bit.

Once upon a time way back in the Mike Mentzer era .... everyone who lifted heavy things or entered a bodybuilding contest  had strong desires to get a 'mention' in one of the national weight related (bodybuilding, powerlifting, olympic lifting) magazines.

And your photo in one of the magazines was really worth a thousand words, but for most everyone ... an impossibility.

But the few magazines that existed at that time were definitely uninterested unless you were a Bob Bednarski or a Mike Mentzer  or a writer such as a guy called Rick Wayne and needless to say ... I'm neglecting a handful of others.

But there were exceptions if you happened to win a "major contest" such as the Mr. California or if you happened to catch the eye of Joe Weider.

So there were many thousands of individuals who felt that they were being overlooked because their weight lifting related accomplishments went un-noticed and un-published in a national magazine.

But those who accomplished the impossible by  'being published' were held in high esteem by thousand of others who went un-noticed.

They became something like Princes within their little Muscledom Kingdom within any local gym as 'knighted' by 'Uncle Joe' himself.

But those princes were exceptionally rare and it was almost impossible for the hundreds (it was all so small back then) to get national recognition.

And the Knight in Shining Armor (the internet) was too far away to be of any help.

But a handful of individuals managed to 'jump the shark' and accomplish the impossible.

Un-be-knownst to most of us ... some will known individuals of this present day  wrote the magazine articles that became 'knownst' to all of us ..... but under pen names that were unknown by each of us. (Bill Star for example who did a lot of "authorship" for the Hoffman camp.)

But did they make a decent living? Did they get paid for their magazine efforts which often included photographs of their likeness in just about every issue"

In most cases I would GUESS that the answer would be, "NO! Not in hard, cold cash anyway!"

They got paid in other ways!

Such as .....

I don't have to make a guess about the following individuals (and here is where the Muscle Development situation may be a distant similarity).

First up ... Mike Mentzer (he told me this story personally) ....

Mike had been writing articles and appearing in photos for Mr. Weiger's magazine and one day decided to go into Joe's office and ask for an increase in his salary.

I never did ask Mike, but it's possible that he received no salary at all due to the fact that the publicity he received through the magazine was enough to be considered a salary by Uncle Joe.)

So Joe asked Mike if a one-page ad in the magazine would suffice in leu of a salary.

And he proceeded to convince Mike that it would be better than a salary or an increase in his present salary if such a salary existed at all.

So Mike somewhat reluctantly agreed.

To be continued if there is any interest.......

Yeah. More, please.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2017, 04:12:27 PM »
DROP and FORTRESS, Thanks for actually reading this far. You must have nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon.

Hey, DROP! Back in your day .....  which seems just like yesterday to guys such as myself and Wes and MrMB (where the hell is he BTW?) and a very few others ....

Yea! Back in your day  the contest winners might have gotten some magazine coverage, but go back many years further and it was extremely rare to get any type of coverage unless you won the Mr. America title or did exceptionally well within an IFBB event or caught the eye of Mr. Weider.

I am unaware of MD's present success or failure but if it's a fact that no one is getting paid, it's a sure sign of surely going down the drain.

But Arnold did manage to offer a lot of praise on behalf of Mr. Blechman so maybe he intends to make an MD purchase which could prove to be a wise decision on his part if it concentrated on the world-wide Arnold Classic events via the internet.

ANd he has the clout to make that happen.