Author Topic: Wal-Mart Cartoon...  (Read 6393 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Wal-Mart Cartoon...
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2007, 11:38:14 PM »
Glasnost definitely... Had the USSR done communism like China does it, it may have worked out much better for them. China seems to thrive (as a government) pretty well... They have the single largest capitalist economy in their communist country (Hong Kong).

It's an interesting thing don't you think?

It is.  Although I have maintained for years that communism will eventually fall in China.  It's only a matter of time.

And even though China's economy is huge, I'm not sure they compare favorably to the U.S. in terms of products, services, wages, quality of life, etc.  Also, I'd say they are functioning, but not necessarily thriving.  You couldn't pay me enough to live there.  I wouldn't want the government dictating my religion, forcing my wife to have an abortion, controlling my business, etc. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2007, 11:41:28 PM »
It is.  Although I have maintained for years that communism will eventually fall in China.  It's only a matter of time.

And even though China's economy is huge, I'm not sure they compare favorably to the U.S. in terms of products, services, wages, quality of life, etc.  Also, I'd say they are functioning, but not necessarily thriving.  You couldn't pay me enough to live there.  I wouldn't want the government dictating my religion, forcing my wife to have an abortion, controlling my business, etc. 

I don't disagree on the personal freedoms in China... I wouldn't want to live with that either, but if you live in a large city, I think you can do well... It's the more rural areas that keep screwed.

The thing I don't understand is how can we continue to do business with China when they are communist. We didn't do much with the USSR and we refuse to do it with Cuba even today... Why do we give China a pass?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2007, 11:46:23 PM »
I don't disagree on the personal freedoms in China... I wouldn't want to live with that either, but if you live in a large city, I think you can do well... It's the more rural areas that keep screwed.

The thing I don't understand is how can we continue to do business with China when they are communist. We didn't do much with the USSR and we refuse to do it with Cuba even today... Why do we give China a pass?

Look around your room.  How many of the items were made in China?   :)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2007, 11:51:49 PM »
Look around your room.  How many of the items were made in China?   :)

Actually, nothing that I bought. ;)

Since when did we sell out our principles... Thought this country was better than that.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2007, 12:09:41 AM »
Actually, nothing that I bought. ;)

Since when did we sell out our principles... Thought this country was better than that.

{ROTFLMAO}

Welcome to Reality!  ps - The Easter Bunny isn't real either.
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2007, 12:19:21 AM »
{ROTFLMAO}

Welcome to Reality!  ps - The Easter Bunny isn't real either.

It's not my reality... I think it's disgusting on so many levels... The Easter Bunny IS REAL!!! LIAR! >:(