Author Topic: Cut your losses - yes or no?  (Read 3783 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Cut your losses - yes or no?
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2007, 10:30:05 AM »
because that is 240s safety blanket. Anytime he runs into a dead end argument he brings up 9/11. I honestly have to admire his passion on it.

This was a good thread that brought up some good issue that don't have easy answers.

this will be so much worse if we pull out and the government falls. 

You know Iran, Syria, China and Russia will be doing everything they can to help bring it down and take advantage of 17 oil fields, and 63 undeveloped ones.  When that happens Iraq is really going to get a fucked end of the deal.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 10:32:58 AM »
because that is 240s safety blanket. Anytime he runs into a dead end argument he brings up 9/11. I honestly have to admire his passion on it.

No, 'another terror attack' is YOUR security blanket. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2007, 10:33:40 AM »
This was a good thread that brought up some good issue that don't have easy answers.

this will be so much worse if we pull out and the government falls. 

You know Iran, Syria, China and Russia will be doing everything they can to help bring it down and take advantage of 17 oil fields, and 63 undeveloped ones.  When that happens Iraq is really going to get a fucked end of the deal.

that and everyone ignores the fact that Bin Laden has called Baghdad the capitol city of the talifaith (I think that is what they call it) the place from which to launch their world takeover
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2007, 10:35:07 AM »
that and everyone ignores the fact that Bin Laden has called Baghdad the capitol city of the talifaith (I think that is what they call it) the place from which to launch their world takeover

Yeah, as much as am i strongly against this war, pulling out now would be tragic in all areas. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2007, 10:44:05 AM »
Pull out of the CITIES so our men stop dying.  You could control the border, bases, pipeline, and oil facilities with a TENTH of the men.  Shoot anything that comes within ten miles of the US property or the border.  We can stay there 50 years and control the place.  As long as our troops stay alive and it's just about 'security', Americans would probably support the war!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2007, 10:45:37 AM »
See u can be whole heartedly against the war and still say a pullout is a bad thing..Hell I don't want to go back..but I would prefer all u nice getbiggers  to stay a nice shade of pink instead of dayglow yellow.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2007, 10:53:24 AM »
See u can be whole heartedly against the war and still say a pullout is a bad thing..Hell I don't want to go back..but I would prefer all u nice getbiggers  to stay a nice shade of pink instead of dayglow yellow.

Well,  it's about being practical in this instant. I didn't want the milk to spill, but now that it's spilled we must take responsibility for it.  Because if we don't do something about will stain and stink the carpet.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2007, 01:02:46 PM »
Very well put...
L

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2007, 01:21:18 PM »
how did this become a 9/11 CT thing?   

AGAIN!   

>:(

Rob, this is a completely valid point. Please stop with the 9/11 CT's. The whole thread is derailed now even though the initial point of it was a good one.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2007, 01:48:44 PM »
Rob, this is a completely valid point. Please stop with the 9/11 CT's. The whole thread is derailed now even though the initial point of it was a good one.

Re-read it.  The member used the 'we haven't been hit in 6 years' card.

That is an invalid belief, and I used the testimony of a republican transportation secretaey to disprove it. 

I did not invoke any mention of the 9/11 attacks - he did.

He drew first blood!

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2007, 01:58:38 PM »
Re-read it.  The member used the 'we haven't been hit in 6 years' card.

That is an invalid belief, and I used the testimony of a republican transportation secretaey to disprove it. 

I did not invoke any mention of the 9/11 attacks - he did.

He drew first blood!

so if I had said 5 years and 6 months this thread would have stayed on track and you wouldn't have brought up 9/11? Sorry guys
gotta love life

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2007, 02:38:26 PM »
In real life, we cut our losses.  We might be getting our ass kicked in a fight for 30 seconds and we realize it's time to look for the exit.  We might be getting passed over at work for promotions, and after 5 years we realize it's time to start shopping the resume.  You might have invested in a dog of a stock and you realize it's time to sell after a year of steady decline.

We all make mistakes, and sometimes you realize it's time to realize and admit you blew it, and make a gracious exit.

It appears congress is ready to cut losses in Iraq in 12 months.  Some belive it's time to cut our losses and leave.  A near equal number don't want to cut our losses.  I guess the quesiton is, how many years of stalemating in a war is required before a nation should cut their losses?  If we were 12 years into the war instead of 4 - would some people still say 'stay the course'? 

End the madness now.  >:(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2007, 05:08:15 PM »
so if I had said 5 years and 6 months this thread would have stayed on track and you wouldn't have brought up 9/11? Sorry guys

you said we haven't been attacked in 6 years, didn't ya?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2007, 05:14:28 PM »
LMAO, just another opinion

Well, if you see a kid walking into the middle of the street and no one else sees it but you, and you don't do anything to stop it... Whose fault is it?

As far as the original point to the thread... No, I don't think we should cut our losses... I do think we should see how the troop surge goes and I think that when it's shown to be relatively stable, we do what we did at other times, guard our bases and bring as many people home as possible.

While I don't like the troops there in the first place, I do think that now that they are there, cutting and running is just not a real option.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2007, 10:04:25 PM »
this isnt a fistfight outside a bar....there are a lot more real life consequences. so far the surge/new strategy has produced results

we shouldnt let this turn into a self-fulfilling prophecy
Valhalla awaits.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2007, 04:15:52 PM »
so far the surge/new strategy has produced results

What are you smoking?  :o

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2007, 11:50:58 PM »
Gee whiz, if Cheney's fingerprints weren't all over 9/11, I might buy that story.

Google "norman minetta 9/11" and see what our own Secretary of Transportation testified to - under oath on CSPAN and every other channel - which seriously points at Cheney letting the Pentagon be hit on 9/11. 

http://dabble.com/node/9136472
w

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2007, 12:08:27 AM »
In real life, we cut our losses.  We might be getting our ass kicked in a fight for 30 seconds and we realize it's time to look for the exit.  We might be getting passed over at work for promotions, and after 5 years we realize it's time to start shopping the resume.  You might have invested in a dog of a stock and you realize it's time to sell after a year of steady decline.

We all make mistakes, and sometimes you realize it's time to realize and admit you blew it, and make a gracious exit.

It appears congress is ready to cut losses in Iraq in 12 months.  Some belive it's time to cut our losses and leave.  A near equal number don't want to cut our losses.  I guess the quesiton is, how many years of stalemating in a war is required before a nation should cut their losses?  If we were 12 years into the war instead of 4 - would some people still say 'stay the course'? 

Here's the deal 240.

I believe that the Iraq war is about the oil.

But do I believe the 9-11 was a self-attack?

No.

What I do believe however, is that the Bush Administration chose that event to launch an offensive military and foreign agenda.

Which after awhile lead to the invasion and war in Iraq.

To secure oil resources.

The Bush Administration saw that they could get away with it, with the history of 9-11 still recent.

But no way I believe in a conspiracy to actually attack and kill US citizens like that.

Besides, I watched it live on TV that day. I saw the second airplane hit. It's not a missile. It's an airplane. I posted that clip from Swedish TV recently, you haven't commented on that yet.

I am no fan of the foreign policy of the Bush Administration.

I think it's dangerous for both the US and the rest of the world. But I don't think the Bush Administration launched an attack on its own country, or that they knew about a US administred attack beforehand.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2007, 05:11:04 AM »
But do I believe the 9-11 was a self-attack?
No.

Do you believe that World trade center 7 fell from fire alone?

(recall its 6.5 second collapse, complete powderization of anything not called steel, and molten steel remnants)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8403741864603265979&q=wtc+7+new&hl=en