Author Topic: Dennis Rodman: LeBron James Would Be 'Average Player' If He Played In 80s, 90s  (Read 6196 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
???

He averaged 8.3 rebounds a game against Utah in the '98 Finals.  He also gave up 25 PPG to Malone so his defense wasn't especially remarkable (although that's not a bad result against Karl).  Rodman was a great player, maybe the most unique the league has ever seen, but he wasn't especially good in that series.

Meanwhile Jordan was averaging 34 PPG (at 35 years old!) and pretty much single-handedly winning games since Pippen was crippled.

Meant 96.
Rodman 96' Finals 14.7 rpg

Jordan

27.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 4.2 apg, 41% fg, 3 TO

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Meant 96.
Rodman 96' Finals 14.7 rpg

Jordan

27.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 4.2 apg, 41% fg, 3 TO

I lived for basketball during the jordan era. Good times.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
man christian laetner was so good total clutch player
A

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
the game has sucked for a bit.  Stern doing too much tinkering.  Did you see the end of the game last night?  With about 5 minutes left you could see the stadium emptying out.  Fucking shit fans in Miami.  one of the main reasons why I hate seeing them win, they have the worst fans out there.  In the first round you could see groups of empty seats.

Miami nor their fan base deserves another championship. I did see that.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
 James flops too much     too much drama

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
James like Shaq gets abused in the paint because of his size ability! James is not any more of a flopper than anyone else in the game! I would call that playing smart basketball! He is not responsible for any of the rule changes!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
James like Shaq gets abused in the paint because of his size ability! James is not any more of a flopper than anyone else in the game! I would call that playing smart basketball! He is not responsible for any of the rule changes!
James is a pussy when it comes to begging for calls. Did you ever remember Jordan or Bird crying to the officials?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
WOuld the lakers have been better or worse  -  with Lebron playing instead of magic, back then?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
James is a pussy when it comes to begging for calls. Did you ever remember Jordan or Bird crying to the officials?

Yes....quite clearly.

Jordan could literally punch someone in the balls at half court and he wouldn't get called for it. Lets not be silly now.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.

Yes....quite clearly.

Jordan could literally punch someone in the balls at half court and he wouldn't get called for it. Lets not be silly now.
Please. Lebron's facial expressions make him look like an high school drama student. Most superstars get the benefit of the doubt. I never saw Jordan get a tech, by sprinting to the other side of the court, because he thought it was a bad foul. Never saw Jordan get pushed down like a bitch, like Lebron did in the Bulls series.

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
You have to laugh at a society where grown men get paid to run up and down a hardwood floor bouncing a big orange ball that they have to throw through an orange ring and get paid millions to do it.  Their contribution to society in the end is the same as Vince Goodrums

are you saying lebron is more important than the guy who cured cancer

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Rodman is a fucking joke. He will do or say anything to get attention.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
Please. Lebron's facial expressions make him look like an high school drama student. Most superstars get the benefit of the doubt. I never saw Jordan get a tech, by sprinting to the other side of the court, because he thought it was a bad foul. Never saw Jordan get pushed down like a bitch, like Lebron did in the Bulls series.

Jordan never bent the refs ears over calls...or flopped , have another drink you moron  ::)

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
[/youtube]

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
Rodman is a fucking joke. He will do or say anything to get attention.

doesn't mean he wasn't a winner and a great asset to have on your team

hp31

• Getbig III
doesn't mean he wasn't a winner and a great asset to have on your team

This.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
the teams from the 80's and 90's were stacked  the showtime lakers would destroy the heat, lets not forget boston and the detroit pistons from the bad boys era, and jordans bulls  absolute bad  ass's  the would destroy the top teams of today ,

by the way rodman had 5 rings lebron has only one.  rodmans record in nba finals is 5-1    not to shabby .  and comparing lebron to jordan is like comparing gold to dog shit

or justin bieber to led zeppelin

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Must watch for 70's and 80's Basketball fans! DR J. special on NBA t.v. will be on again 6-12 at 9 p.m. eastern time! Watch the man who Michael partterned his game after, and who saved basketball in the 70's and early eighties! Long live the DR!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Basketball Hall of Famer, North Korea ambassador and unique human being Dennis Rodman has decided someone needed to say it: LeBron James obviously would be an average NBA player in the 1980s or 1990s.

You see, as Rodman explained Friday on The Dan Patrick Show, James plays in an era when basketball has gone soft. Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen (and presumably Dennis Rodman) were playing in a real era and therefore are better than the four-time MVP.

“LeBron came into the age of the game at a perfect time. Michael came into the game when back then you could hit people, knock him down, shoot a free throw and get back up,” Rodman said. “And LeBron can’t do that. All they do today is (complain) about a foul.”

Rodman presumably has knocked James down and had him not get back up.

“If LeBron was playing in the late ’80s and early ’90s, he would be just an average player,” Rodman said. “LeBron is more like … there’s no flash to his game.”

For what it’s worth, Tracy McGrady, a former NBA scoring champ, current San Antonio Spurs reserve and much more normal human being, sort of agreed with Rodman on Friday in Miami.

“It’s different then it was,” McGrady told USA TODAY Sports’ Alex Kennedy. “Then, when I came in ’97, you had men in the league. There’s a lot of boys in this league now. And that’s what I’ve been trying to tell guys when they’ve been asking me questions about LeBron and Jordan. I’m like, ‘Come on man, y’all can’t be serious.’ This man MJ was playing against grown men out there. There’s a lot of boys in the league right now. That seems to be the difference.”

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/06/dennis-rodman-michael-jordan-lebron-james/
i don't think so guy probably would have been a star if he played as a freshman in high school in the nba.
F