Author Topic: MIKE MATARAZZO'S VIEWS ON NUTRITION IN THE LATEST FLEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 12339 times)

sugarbear

• Getbig II
you can go to youtube and watch a video of jay shopping at costco
+ nasser did talk about eating alot of rice and gravy which is low calories so his protien intake might have been low like some have said

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
Me? Nah  ;D On a seroius note I never really understood why some people like Vitargo so much.

do you know of something better?

dextrose, malto..I hear that vitargo breaks down faster
Here comes the money shot

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
do you know of something better?

dextrose, malto..I hear that vitargo breaks down faster

Yes I do, but either way it is not of any relevance as to how it breaks down as long as you do not go hypo. Let me ask a question for you or anyone else here. Why do people take insulin specifically?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Why do people take insulin specifically?

Because they have diabetes and their pancreas no longer makes enough?  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V

Because they have diabetes and their pancreas no longer makes enough?  ::)

BINGO!!!!!  ;D

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
Mike has a point i think. But remember no person is the same. Chris Cook was on like 200grams a day with his size in the offseason.

More protein = more growth in my case (upto a limit)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
nasser only consumed 100 grams of protein a day, and maybe 2,000 calories.
epic bullshit. just watch one of his videos. He probably consumes that in one meal

eliscominblue

• Getbig II
The guy had to have a bypass and probably cant bench 225 pounds now.  I dont think he is any authority on nutrtion.

It's amazing how fast we jump to the conclusion that his heart condition was a direct result of his non-standard diet and/or performance enhancing drug use.  Can't a person have a genetic disposition to heart disease without AAS use and or consuming "regular" amounts of food? 

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
I sell protein.  I do not recommend crazy amounts.  I think 1g per lb of body weight is quite sufficient for most, and you can get away with less if the protein consumed is of the highest quality.

Chris
w

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
yeah he did have the heart surgery but he said that was genetic and that he supposedly knows a lot of people who ate "pounds of red meat per day" and are healthy as can be.

Dude, when he first was diagnosed and had the surgery he was screaming about how his bodybuilding diet, that was so high in animal protein, was a major factor in his heart disease.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
It all boils down to genetic predisposition really.

On the one end, there have been healthy, slim people in their early 30s who exercise regularly, don't abuse any substance etc and they go for a jog one day, have a heart attack and die.

On the other end of the spectrum, there are guys I know well into their 80s who chain smoke, drink, eat what they want and are still healthy as ever 8)

Eating 6000 Cal is not that hard Sars. What is hard is trying to eat those 6000 Cal from 'clean' sources.

Yes, but those kind of people are the exception to the rule. Most people who chainsmoke, eat wrong etc... will see adverse effects healthwise.
The House that Ruth built

sugarbear

• Getbig II
look at Lee Priest on the off season he packs on 270lbs in the off season and has been doing that for awhile now you'd think he would have some problems by now that's why it's pobably genetic
and I no guy's that bench well over 400 lbs and eat no more than 2,000-2,500 calories a day and have never taken so much as a multivitamin or protien shake in there lives "Everyone isn't made the same so don't cry each time some comes on the board and is better than you seriously you should just take that and feed off these guys"

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
Mike's heart surgery was directly related to his shitty diet, I know first hand how bad he ate, yeah very high protein and calories, but also very high saturated fat. Let's just say fast food joints like Taco Bell were his favorites.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
look at Lee Priest on the off season he packs on 270lbs in the off season and has been doing that for awhile now you'd think he would have some problems by now that's why it's pobably genetic
and I no guy's that bench well over 400 lbs and eat no more than 2,000-2,500 calories a day and have never taken so much as a multivitamin or protien shake in there lives "Everyone isn't made the same so don't cry each time some comes on the board and is better than you seriously you should just take that and feed off these guys"
hahahahaha, oh brother, another story of a 650 pound bencher who eats nothing but 5 carrot sticks all day and is lifetime natural as well. ::)

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
all I can say is that everyone is different, nasser el sb use to only eat minimal and 1,000 calories a day, and he sized mike down.
you dont believe this do you?

garraeth

• Getbig IV
I sell protein.  I do not recommend crazy amounts.  I think 1g per lb of body weight is quite sufficient for most, and you can get away with less if the protein consumed is of the highest quality.

Chris
That's totally true...because most people don't train for shit.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
It's amazing how fast we jump to the conclusion that his heart condition was a direct result of his non-standard diet and/or performance enhancing drug use.  Can't a person have a genetic disposition to heart disease without AAS use and on consuming "regular" amounts of food? 

its amazing how big of a idiot you are

eliscominblue

• Getbig II
its amazing how big of a idiot you are

oooooooo....you got me. 

pumpher

• Getbig III
Even if he had a genetic predisposition for coronary artery disease, eating like crap didn't help him did it?

I guess if you don't care about your health and just want to "look good"...

BTW how does he look now?

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
I believe Mike's diet related directly to his physique and his health.  I don't believe his condition was genetic as he claims.

http://www.getbig.com/iview/matarazzo041221.htm

"Another factor was that Mike has bad cholesterol, and has been on a cholesterol lowering drug, Lipitor, since 1997. At times, his good cholesterol was zero (anabolic drugs can do that to you), which was a big risk. Mike thinks that the cholesterol was the biggest factor. You need to watch your cholesterol."

"Mike's dad did not have heart problems when he passed away"

"Another factor was Mike's diet in the 1990's. From 1991 to 1996, Mike used to eat 5 ½ pounds of red meat in a day. Mike's died was out of control back then. Another factor was stress. Mike is a very stressful guy, and having lots of stress is quite terrible for your arteries. All of these four factors - steroids, stress, cholesterol and out of control diet contributed to the blockage."

Discuss.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I believe Mike's diet related directly to his physique and his health.  I don't believe his condition was genetic as he claims.

http://www.getbig.com/iview/matarazzo041221.htm

"Another factor was that Mike has bad cholesterol, and has been on a cholesterol lowering drug, Lipitor, since 1997. At times, his good cholesterol was zero (anabolic drugs can do that to you), which was a big risk. Mike thinks that the cholesterol was the biggest factor. You need to watch your cholesterol."

"Mike's dad did not have heart problems when he passed away"

"Another factor was Mike's diet in the 1990's. From 1991 to 1996, Mike used to eat 5 ½ pounds of red meat in a day. Mike's died was out of control back then. Another factor was stress. Mike is a very stressful guy, and having lots of stress is quite terrible for your arteries. All of these four factors - steroids, stress, cholesterol and out of control diet contributed to the blockage."

Discuss.

you'd have to be a fool to think that all of those factors didn't play a significant role in his problems. of course, another person could perhaps get away with doing all that, but odds are most people would eventually run into problems with these kinds of lifestyle patterns

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Yep that could definitely be true.  Have any of you ever noticed that when you have a lot of protein your piss starts smelling of ammonia? That's because your body is having to get rid of all the nitrogen on the amino acids so it can store/burn the carbon. Eating too much protein will just f**k your liver/kidneys up.

I don't agree with you here mate.

There has been very few known cases of healthy individuals having kidney problems SOLELY due to intake of high protein. Look at the protein intake variation between someone from the third world who lives in stark poverty compared to those of us in Western countries and you can see the correlation between protein intake and muscle mass.

The human body can handle a LOT more stress than most people give it credit for, simply because they are too scared to try something new without having someone else test the waters first :-\

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lee have a heart problem a few years back?

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum

Mike seems like a nice guy, but I agree.  Even as recently as six months before his heart attack he described himself as being "healthy as hell."  That was in an interview by George Farah which appeared in the media section of www.americanbodybuilding .com before they removed those clips.  It was under the section "Experience the Arnold Classic".  In a 1993 issue of Musclemag Mike said he was healthy and got health checks regularly.  In the same interview, he talked about his high red meat diet.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
he claimed that he shot for 5000-6000 per day but i have a hard time believing that, he did say that he drank a lot of whole milk though.

I love Mike and all, But he did mention a while back that he would eat 2 to 3 jars of peanut butter a day. I'll call him ''EXTREME MIKE'' ;D
Get Big, or Die Trying