Author Topic: tired of making only six figures  (Read 6787 times)

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
tired of making only six figures
« on: November 28, 2008, 11:33:56 AM »
blah blah 100,000 here, 800,000 there.... next

what does it take to make REAL money- im talking 8 digit figures per year? Actor, athlete, businessman?

law school and med school are too hard and im too lazy-- any advice

Kentucky_cowboy

• Getbig II
  • Team Lean Face
Re: tired of making only six figures
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 11:34:54 AM »
Professional bodybuilder

Kentucky_cowboy

• Getbig II
  • Team Lean Face
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 11:35:39 AM »

what does it take to make REAL money- im talking 8 digit figures per year? Actor, athlete, businessman?

jokes aside only a small percentage of doctors, and even a smaller percentage of lawyers make 8 figures per year. 

suckmymuscle

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 11:37:49 AM »

Open a gay4pay business. Depending on the amount of bodybuilders you pimp, you could make 8 figures easily. Some schmoes will pay 100 grand for a night with a pro bodybuilder, so if you get 50% comission and hook 30 to 40 pro bodybuilders, you could reach the billion dollar mark in a decade or so.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 11:38:04 AM »
jokes aside only a small percentage of doctors, and even a smaller percentage of lawyers make 8 figures per year. 

yea i know. seriously.....

its a very small minority i would assume - 8 figures seems attainable only to those who are celebs (sports , music , actor etc)

its a shame that REAL smart minds dont

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 11:38:39 AM »
Get an MBA from an Ivy League school and get into investment banking

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 11:38:58 AM »

its a very small minority i would assume - 8 figures seems attainable only to those who are celebs (sports , music , actor etc)

Jay Z used to be an 8 figure guy, now he is a 10 figure guy.
E

Kentucky_cowboy

• Getbig II
  • Team Lean Face
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 11:39:04 AM »

That's supply and demand for you :-\

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 11:39:20 AM »
 Open a gay4pay business. Depending on the amount of bodybuilders you pimp, you could make 8 figures easily. Some schmoes will pay 100 grand for a night with a pro bodybuilder, so if you get 50% comission and hook 30 to 40 pro bodybuilders, you could reach the billion dollar mark in a decade or so.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

sounds very promising... tell me, do you think a B.A. in fine arts would be sufficient to acquire the startup capital for that?

koolie1

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 11:41:06 AM »

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 11:41:46 AM »

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 11:41:51 AM »
subcontract for a firm or govt in iraq
Oh...Monica!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 11:43:41 AM »
sounds very promising... tell me, do you think a B.A. in fine arts would be sufficient to acquire the startup capital for that?

You don't need capital. What you need are connections. That is, you need to know pros who need extra cash for drugs and also know rich homosexuals who are into muscle. If you know both sides of the equation, then your "business" will be to essentially liaison between both sides and serve as an intermediary in the business transaction. For this service, without which the pros wouldn't have any customers, they will pay you 50% of the earnings they make by hooking with the gay schmoes.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 11:43:47 AM »
Sign-up for the getbig newsletter.

io856

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 11:46:38 AM »
Who the fuck has the money to pay 100k to have sex with a pro bodybuilder... let alone pay that.

StillTippin

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2008, 11:54:16 AM »

That would be a very very small percentage.  Most make 6, some make 7, almost none would make 8.   Maybe the top few surgeons in the country and a few plastic surgeons to the stars.

body88

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2008, 11:58:57 AM »

MD?   The top 1% of brain surgeons average 2.8 million in average salary per year.  The top 1% of hedge fund managers average over 900 million per year.   

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 12:00:57 PM »
Private equity, hedge funds, venture capital, MD at an i-bank, etc.

StillTippin

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2008, 12:07:32 PM »
MD?   The top 1% of brain surgeons average 2.8 million in average salary per year.  The top 1% of hedge fund managers average over 900 million per year.   

That is sick.  I wouldn't even know what to do with 900 million a year.

I think it's safe to say that if you're looking to be in the top even 50% in one of these fields you're not posting on getbig. 

body88

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2008, 12:10:59 PM »
That is sick.  I wouldn't even know what to do with 900 million a year.

I think it's safe to say that if you're looking to be in the top even 50% in one of these fields you're not posting on getbig. 

Thats just the average.  Those dudes make so much money it's scary.  It must be wild to live in a building full of celebs and ultra rich people, and you (the guy no one knows about) has 10 times the wealth that they do.  Top hedge fund guys look at people with 300 million bucks like they are poor.

Now all you need to do is attend Harvard for finance.  That's where most of those guys went to school.  A buddy of mine did just that, and is climbing the latter in the world of hedge funds right now.  I hope to ride his coat tails when he makes billions ; )

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2008, 12:15:31 PM »
Not too many hedge fund guys going to be making much of anything this year considering the majority of the mega funds are bleeding incredible amounts of money. Citadel's down like 30% in the last few months.

body88

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2008, 12:19:47 PM »
Not too many hedge fund guys going to be making much of anything this year considering the majority of the mega funds are bleeding incredible amounts of money. Citadel's down like 30% in the last few months.

True.  Thankfully the unemployment rate is topping out at about 7% currently.  During the depression it was up around 30%.  Investors are scared, and the damn media keeps telling people how awful things are, retarding peoples confidence in the market. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2008, 12:23:16 PM »
True.  Thankfully the unemployment rate is topping out at about 7% currently.  During the depression it was up around 30%.  Investors are scared, and the damn media keeps telling people how awful things are, retarding peoples confidence in the market. 

Hahaha, like Apple stock dropping 12% in one day when the media reported that Jobs had a heart attack. Funny how easily they can manipulate investors.

ARAGO

• Getbig II
  • Alex23 Reincarnated. For now.
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2008, 12:24:49 PM »
pm alex23.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2008, 12:25:33 PM »
Hahaha, like Apple stock dropping 12% in one day when the media reported that Jobs had a heart attack. Funny how easily they can manipulate investors.

I've been in a buying frenzy.  It's funny how you can set a low bid and some dink somewhere will accept it because the media creates that days debacle...hahah