Author Topic: Bodybuilders Stigma - Why Meatheads are perceived this way  (Read 44811 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Bodybuilders Stigma - Why Meatheads are perceived this way
« on: October 23, 2014, 06:31:16 AM »
Ok, this clip has two bodybuilder stars big and ripped, exactly the way  "meat heads" are perceived ,

The sigma of BB, not matter how swollen still selfish, (attention whoring) and insecure .

1- The first bb, (Aaron Clark ) when asked to take his shirt off,  he does not hesitate, with a FINALLY ! expression on his face (which is fine with me on a bodybuilding expo) sad thing is that girls around won't give a F"

2- The best part is his fellow BB, Justin Compton  with the grey shirt on (even bigger and swollen)  instead of getting out of the way so the Aaron flexes for the cam, he tries at all cost to remain in the way, spreading them lats like he was caring out two buckets of water ...then when he does not know what to do, he leans on the counter right behind the guy flexing and spreads his lats like if Dorian was watching him. LOL

3- Then,  the shirtless bodybuilder decides to move to another area to pose "freely" but there's this kid right next to him looking at him like a dad to his son "why couldn't he pick football or baseball" expression on his face.

Enjoy :

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Beckenbauer

• Getbig II
Re: Bodybuilders stigma
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 06:59:18 AM »
I watched the vid but holy shit overanalysing this. U clearly have a hard on for this dude  :D

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 07:07:32 AM »
Yes, body dismorphia and bodybuilding are serious illnesses. When you have nothing in life to be proud of, all you re left with is your physical appearance. They re not different than stupid but good looking women. Others compensate for their ugliness or weak physical appearance with diplomas , salaries, material goods... that's just the way it is, we re all vain animals.

XBB007

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 07:13:15 AM »
Yes, body dismorphia and bodybuilding are serious illnesses. When you have nothing in life to be proud of, all you re left with is your physical appearance. They re not different than stupid but good looking women. Others compensate for their ugliness or weak physical appearance with diplomas , salaries, material goods... that's just the way it is, we re all vain animals.

Spot on.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 07:16:00 AM »
This is cringe-worthy. Exactly why I don't like being given the name bodybuilder. These guys don't even look good, distended bellies and holding gallons of water, can't even walk..

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 07:19:55 AM »
At least they're smart enough by not wasting money on test 'boosters'.

the trainer

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 07:23:41 AM »

The twink world of urbertwink.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 08:08:48 AM »
I watched the vid but holy shit overanalysing this. U clearly have a hard on for this dude  :D

LOL.

Actually everytime I go to youtube this popular clip its on my "history/ recomended whatever"home page GEAR.tv

But yeah , you can say I see at first glimpse  what others can't

WooOSSSHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 08:11:59 AM »
At least they're smart enough by not wasting money on test 'boosters'.

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHH

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 08:24:47 AM »

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHH

Needle in a Jay stack...

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 09:02:41 AM »
Very strange behaviour

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 09:12:45 AM »

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 09:19:40 AM »

That'd be true (idk, maybe in US that is the rule), but I personally know medical professionals, lawyers, succesfull bussinessmans, etc (in almost 15 years I've know quite some people who are doing this activity) who are on drugs, and many of them are very stable individuals in many ways. I think some people (me included) just want to transcend the "human limits" and get even more of what's available in this world. I get a rush of even thinking about going "beyond current biological" limits, and that doesn't end with bb'ing.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 02:52:44 PM »
Very strange behaviour

Would someone please explain,  The reason for this strange behavior?

In exploitation's name We must be working for the skin trade

Woosshhhhhhhhh

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 02:56:15 PM »
Ok, this clip has two bodybuilders big and ripped, exactly the way  "meet heads" are perceived ,

The sigma of BB, not matter how swollen still selfish, (attention whoring) and insecure .

1- The first bb, (short dude) when asked to take his shirt off,  he does not hesitate, with a FINALLY ! expression on his face (which is fine with me on a bodybuilding expo) sad thing is that girls around won't give a F"

2- The best part is his fellow BB, the one with the grey shirt on (even bigger and swollen)  instead of getting out of the way so the other guy flexes for the cam, he tries at all cost to remain in the way, spreading them lats like he was caring out two buckets of water ...then when he does not know what to do, he leans on the counter right behind the guy flexing and spreads his lats like if Dorian was watching him. LOL

3- Then,  the shirtless bodybuilder decides to move to another area to pose "freely" but there's this kid right next to him looking at him like a dad to his son "why couldn't he pick football or baseball" expression on his face.

4- then xfactor and i walk by with our shirts on followed closely behind by every hot chick in the expo.

b

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 03:38:01 PM »
yeah it sucks I attend conferences annually and whilst I know nearly all delegates and they know me, theres always new ones who single you out as who's that guy and just think your some meathead because your not in the bar everyday drinking. But then you see a bodybuilder like in the vid and you have to forgive them, bodybuilders are tools plain and simple, i tell people I just train with weights and used to play footy,helps that I dont look that way anymore as well, ask myself all the time what was I thinking but in saying that before business that was my passion and i enjoyed the lifestyle.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 08:13:15 PM »
yeah it sucks I attend conferences annually and whilst I know nearly all delegates and they know me, theres always new ones who single you out as who's that guy and just think your some meathead because your not in the bar everyday drinking. But then you see a bodybuilder like in the vid and you have to forgive them, bodybuilders are tools plain and simple, i tell people I just train with weights and used to play footy,helps that I dont look that way anymore as well, ask myself all the time what was I thinking but in saying that before business that was my passion and i enjoyed the lifestyle.

Lol.. that is nothing.. I'm an IT geek, now imagine when a regular client comes to hire me for some job and sees a seriously jacked fella (they expect something more like a stereotypical basement computer rat), I usualy have to be very nice and wellcoming to break the ice and let them know I'm not just a moron with muscles and they actually came to see me not someone else.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 08:50:52 PM »
Needle in a Jay stack...

Excellent phraseology!  ;D

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 08:51:04 PM »
The huge guy in he gray shirt is the next great thing in BB, Justin Compton.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 08:57:38 PM »
All drugs.  As with others of this kind I look forward to their personal "Road To Dialysis".  The pussification of men too impatient, too insecure and just plain old too stupid lazy to do anything worth anything except pose for schmoes.

To hell with these retards.  I imagine their obits will have something in them about how they loved Jesus and have gone home to be with Him.  The only "Jesus" these pathological buttwipes will ever know is Phat Jaysus the Hispandex Schmoe-King.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 09:10:02 PM »
i knew alot of guys on the road to disaster who got blessed by having a kid with their wife/girlfreind and started realizing there r other important things in life besides trying to be the biggest dude around,they now had a baby to focus on and turn some of that obsessive behavior towards the baby. or maybe got a good promotion on their job n started seeing life alittle differently.a person can still bodybuild to their hearts desire n still have a great life outside the gym,thats what anybodys goal should be imo if u lift weights and wanna get the most life has to offer at the same time
R

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 06:19:30 AM »
i knew alot of guys on the road to disaster who got blessed by having a kid with their wife/girlfreind and started realizing there r other important things in life besides trying to be the biggest dude around,they now had a baby to focus on and turn some of that obsessive behavior towards the baby. or maybe got a good promotion on their job n started seeing life alittle differently.a person can still bodybuild to their hearts desire n still have a great life outside the gym,thats what anybodys goal should be imo if u lift weights and wanna get the most life has to offer at the same time

Can't you be Huge and ripped without the "obsessive behavior that comes along with it ?

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHH

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 08:47:03 AM »
Can't you be Huge and ripped without the "obsessive behavior that comes along with it ?

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHH

I see it from a different perspective; you care too much about a midget, that suddenly starts to strike some poses.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 11:00:08 AM »

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHH
most people just shift their focus toward smarter, more natural endeavours like studies, careers... doing so they re as obsessive as bodybuilders. It all depends of your upbringings, education, environment.

APE907

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2014, 03:22:40 PM »

It was not until I had a son that I finally took serious look at my own OCD/bodybuilding/drugged lifestyle that I had been leading for 20 years.  I realized I was role modeling horrible behavior to a little kid who thought I was a god and was going to imitate me and my behavior patterns.  By the time he was around 2+ he noticed I looked different and was "big".

That was when I knew it was time to drop the lifestyle and narcissistic/abusive/unhealthy ways I had followed due to my own body dysmorphia.  Now he is 7 and I'm "normal" sized.  No regrets.