Author Topic: Reclaiming Virginity Through an Operation  (Read 1598 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Reclaiming Virginity Through an Operation
« on: June 10, 2008, 04:23:43 PM »
An increasing number of Muslim women in Europe are having surgery to create the illusion of virginity.
  :-[

Operation Lets Muslim Women Reclaim Virginity
By ELAINE SCIOLINO and SOUAD MEKHENNET

PARIS — The operation in the private clinic off the Champs-Élysées involved one semicircular cut, 10 dissolving stitches and a discounted fee of $2,900.

But for the patient, a 23-year-old French student of Moroccan descent from Montpellier, the 30-minute procedure represented the key to a new life: the illusion of virginity.

Like an increasing number of Muslim women in Europe, she had a hymenoplasty, a restoration of her hymen, the thin vaginal membrane that normally breaks during the first act of intercourse.

“In my culture, not to be a virgin is to be dirt,” said the student, perched on a hospital bed as she awaited surgery on Thursday. “Right now, virginity is more important to me than life.”

As Europe’s Muslim population grows, many young Muslim women find themselves caught between the freedoms that European society affords and the deep-rooted traditions of their parents’ and grandparents’ generations.

Gynecologists report that in the past few years, more Muslim women are asking for certificates of virginity to provide proof to others. That in turn has created a demand among cosmetic surgeons for hymen replacements, which, if done properly, they say, will not be detected and will produce tell-tale vaginal bleeding on the wedding night. The service is widely advertised on the Internet; medical tourism packages are available to countries like Tunisia where it is less expensive.

“If you’re a Muslim woman growing up in more open societies in Europe, you can easily end up having sex before marriage,” said Dr. Hicham Mouallem, who is based in London and performs the operation. “So if you’re looking to marry a Muslim and don’t want to have problems, you’ll try to recapture your virginity.”

No reliable statistics are available, because the procedure is mostly done in private clinics and in most cases not covered by tax-financed insurance plans...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/11/world/europe/11virgin.html?hp=&pagewanted=all

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: Reclaiming Virginity Through an Operation
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 05:13:37 PM »
People have been getting that done in New York City for years. Not sure about the west coast but it wouldn't surprise me.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 05:31:54 PM »
Couldn't you just wait long enough for the damn thing to grow back?
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 05:34:51 PM »
Couldn't you just wait long enough for the damn thing to grow back?

Is that your plan?

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 12:52:16 PM »
It grows back?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 01:00:44 PM »
{blush}  :-[
w

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 12:44:55 PM »
An increasing number of Muslim women in Europe are having surgery to create the illusion of virginity.
  :-[

Operation Lets Muslim Women Reclaim Virginity
By ELAINE SCIOLINO and SOUAD MEKHENNET

PARIS — The operation in the private clinic off the Champs-Élysées involved one semicircular cut, 10 dissolving stitches and a discounted fee of $2,900.

But for the patient, a 23-year-old French student of Moroccan descent from Montpellier, the 30-minute procedure represented the key to a new life: the illusion of virginity.

Like an increasing number of Muslim women in Europe, she had a hymenoplasty, a restoration of her hymen, the thin vaginal membrane that normally breaks during the first act of intercourse.

“In my culture, not to be a virgin is to be dirt,” said the student, perched on a hospital bed as she awaited surgery on Thursday. “Right now, virginity is more important to me than life.”

As Europe’s Muslim population grows, many young Muslim women find themselves caught between the freedoms that European society affords and the deep-rooted traditions of their parents’ and grandparents’ generations.

Gynecologists report that in the past few years, more Muslim women are asking for certificates of virginity to provide proof to others. That in turn has created a demand among cosmetic surgeons for hymen replacements, which, if done properly, they say, will not be detected and will produce tell-tale vaginal bleeding on the wedding night. The service is widely advertised on the Internet; medical tourism packages are available to countries like Tunisia where it is less expensive.

“If you’re a Muslim woman growing up in more open societies in Europe, you can easily end up having sex before marriage,” said Dr. Hicham Mouallem, who is based in London and performs the operation. “So if you’re looking to marry a Muslim and don’t want to have problems, you’ll try to recapture your virginity.”

No reliable statistics are available, because the procedure is mostly done in private clinics and in most cases not covered by tax-financed insurance plans...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/11/world/europe/11virgin.html?hp=&pagewanted=all
I read last week that a French (muslim) guy last week annulled the marriage because his wife wasn't a virgin anymore.  ::)
Most muslims import a bride from the home land, and a lot of girls marry a guy from there too (??forced??).
$

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 02:17:12 PM »
anymore AFTER he married her? ...or anymore BEFORE he married her?

I once heard of an Italian guy who pressured his girlfriend all throughout their courtship, all throughout the engagement etc. She always stuck to her guns and said NO! Finally, ...on the day of their wedding, he snuck in and begged, pleaded, pressured etc., ...and reasoning they were minutes away from walking down the aisle, ...she said YES, knowing God would forgive her.  Well God may have, ...but he didn't. After taking her virginity, ...he proceeded into the church and announced his bride to be was NOT a virgin, and he was not going to marry a puttana. There was no wedding that day.

Personally, I think he did her a favour. God knows what her life might have been like married to a creep like that.
w