Author Topic: Anytime Fitness - good or not?  (Read 2743 times)

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
Anytime Fitness - good or not?
« on: January 25, 2011, 09:16:09 AM »
So my local gym is becoming an Anytime Fitness here in the next week or so and I was wondering if there was anything I should be worried about? Also any general opinions/experiences with this chain? I know nothing about this chain and I'm concerned about it being a social club like Planet Fitness. I'm a fairly serious trainer but I'm pretty respectful about the equipment and personal space I give to others and I would hope this is good enough.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Anytime Fitness
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 01:14:40 PM »
So my local gym is becoming an Anytime Fitness here in the next week or so and I was wondering if there was anything I should be worried about? Also any general opinions/experiences with this chain? I know nothing about this chain and I'm concerned about it being a social club like Planet Fitness. I'm a fairly serious trainer but I'm pretty respectful about the equipment and personal space I give to others and I would hope this is good enough.

When I went back home to WI the hotel I stayed at had a deal to let guests use the one down the road for free.  It wasn't anywhere near what i was used to back home, but I was pleasantly suprised.  All brand new equipment, every piece of cardio has a tv monitor on it...i''m talking like a 15 inch tv, and the dbells went up to around 100's if I remember right.  Everything you need to get a good workout in was there.  You should be fine

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 01:18:32 PM »
never heard of anytime fitness...

bench

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 01:21:11 PM »
never heard of anytime fitness...

bench
Sounds like a place where twinks congregate and the bells go up to 60lbs.  :-\

epic_alien

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 01:21:55 PM »
anytime fitness, snap fitness, tiny gym in the boxes places. usually 1500-2000sf located in shopping outlets strips. 24 hours entry with a key card, no staff,

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 01:23:40 PM »
anytime fitness, snap fitness, tiny gym in the boxes places. usually 1500-2000sf located in shopping outlets strips. 24 hours entry with a key card, no staff,
Enough said  :-\

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 01:34:37 PM »
Go to parking lot, get out of car, push car across parking lot, get back in car, drive home.
If exercise becomes too easy buy a bigger car.
 Anytime Fitness  ;D
time under tension

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 02:03:20 PM »
they want 45$ a mth, n i counted 25 or so pieces of equipment in a sub-1500 sq ft gym. 

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 02:20:43 PM »
You can do what you want there they are unstaffed most of the time.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 06:24:05 PM »

Believe it or not they actually converted a stand alone convenience store/ gas station into one here.  I hadn't been in that area for a while and needed to get gas one day so I headed on over.......and then I got really confused for a minute.  lol

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 06:26:45 PM »
Oh and btw, to the O.P., I doubt they would have bought your gym to wipe it out and bring in all different shit.  If you liked it before you most likely will still enjoy training there.  If they wanted an empty building to start from scratch, they would have done like they normally do and popped up in a strip mall location out of the blue

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 08:40:13 PM »
Oh and btw, to the O.P., I doubt they would have bought your gym to wipe it out and bring in all different shit.  If you liked it before you most likely will still enjoy training there.  If they wanted an empty building to start from scratch, they would have done like they normally do and popped up in a strip mall location out of the blue

Yeah I wasn't afraid of bringing in or removing equipment. Was more concerned about odd rules and other things outside of actually training. Thanks for the replies in here though. Sounds like it will be basically same gym with a different name.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 11:19:16 PM »
TRX (suspension trainers) have a part in Anytime fitness, not sure if TRX owns Anytime or the other way around.

DSM18

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 12:27:59 AM »
look, fuck off! Tell em off to buggery!! Great a fuck fuck!!

Purge_WTF

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 01:00:40 AM »
  "No staff"? What if someone tries to steal the equipment?

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 01:30:56 AM »

Cameras/

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 08:35:12 AM »
The lat machine probably goes up to 25lbs. Whats the point?

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 01:55:18 PM »
TRX (suspension trainers) have a part in Anytime fitness, not sure if TRX owns Anytime or the other way around.

Yeah I spoke with the guy today about any changes in the gym. He mentioned some things I don't care about (paint change, signs, and selling supplements) but what worried me was he said they are trying to figure out where to put a little crossfit spot. No mention of TRX, but seeing as how the weights area is already hard pressed for space I'm somewhat nervous. I hope they just get rid of the smith machine. I'm (sadly) the most serious/knowledgeable person in my gym when it comes to fitness and that machine is worthless to me and only attracts retards in my area it seems. In the same token I sort of hope it stays so I won't have to fight to get to the squat rack on leg days with some kids trying to do curls, shrugs, and bench.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 08:41:04 PM »
Here in Canada . . . crazy expensive, with taxes in near $350 for 4 months. With longer commitments the price goes down, but not nearly enough.

THE BEEF

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 08:53:55 AM »
Here in Canada . . . crazy expensive, with taxes in near $350 for 4 months. With longer commitments the price goes down, but not nearly enough.

THE BEEF

Holy crap!!!  I pay..........are you ready for this???  Seriously, you're going to hate me.............

$29 + tax per YEAR  8)

When they offered me the deal, I was like what fucking retard wouldn't pay upfront for three years to get that deal?  Sadly, many passed it up and it is no longer offered at all.