Author Topic: SPOILER: Crocop Vs Gonzaga  (Read 23743 times)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
Re: CroCOp Knocked out and twists his ankle 180 degrees!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2007, 01:19:53 AM »
ive boxed, ive done muay thai, ju-jitsu, shotokan, kuk sool won................you name it ive done it. And what do i think is the best of them all, well in truth the combination they give me. You cant say a boxer is superior cos i know a few pros and would maul them in a street fight based on my ability to get them to the ground and strike from there.

Thats all you need to do, and granted it may be harder than you think but thats where the fight ends and your bitching of them begins. I dont care if youre Mayweather, Jones Jr, Holyfield, Ali..........if a boxer is put on his back against a skilled ground fighter then hes fucked. Its completely alien to them.

Argument finished
Scouser on Tour

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2007, 01:28:25 AM »
stupid arguement, boxers punch WRONG, this is gonna start an arguement but i dont care.  Boxers punch technique is designed to move a 12-14oz glove at an apponent as quickly and effectly as possible take the glove away and everytime they land a hook (not a jab) they will break their hand.
I trained sombo and mma and currently train in boxing just for fitness.  My friends a boxer and EVERYtime we end up in a fight when we go out (regularly) he breaks his hands at the first punch, knocks them out, but breaks it.
when i was training tuesday a boxer there came over and told me how to hook cause i dont punch like a boxer, while it was more powerful, if i had taken the glove off i would have certainly broken my knuckles as the twist and straight from the elbow style hook hits your lower knuckles waaay to much.  chuck demonstrates how to punch with no gloves on almost perfectly
im not a chuck fan so dont even try.

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: SPOILER: Crocop Vs Gonzaga
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2007, 06:23:20 AM »
 :-\  :-X   :'(

djohnsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2007, 06:51:01 AM »
ive boxed, ive done muay thai, ju-jitsu, shotokan, kuk sool won................you name it ive done it. And what do i think is the best of them all, well in truth the combination they give me. You cant say a boxer is superior cos i know a few pros and would maul them in a street fight based on my ability to get them to the ground and strike from there.

Thats all you need to do, and granted it may be harder than you think but thats where the fight ends and your bitching of them begins. I dont care if youre Mayweather, Jones Jr, Holyfield, Ali..........if a boxer is put on his back against a skilled ground fighter then hes fucked. Its completely alien to them.

Argument finished

In a street fight there are no rules. In a sport as boxing, there are rules....

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2007, 07:01:49 AM »
yes i know, but when a boxer is drawn into a fight what does he do instinctively? Puts his guard up and punches!

If youre trained in grappling and striking what do you do instinctively? Take them down, mount them and leather the fuck out of them. Trust me, i see it most weekends
Scouser on Tour

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2007, 07:03:36 AM »
damn :o..shocking news.i don't even wanna see the KO..i won't be able to sleep all night if i saw it.
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2007, 07:05:10 AM »
this is the saddest sight ive ever seen in MMA, i just felt so empty when he went down. All i could do was rethink it over and over, even when i woke up this morning. I actually noticed his leg straight away, my wife was wondering what the hell was going on before Mike and Joe started screaming about it too
Scouser on Tour

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2007, 07:12:20 AM »
this is the saddest sight ive ever seen in MMA, i just felt so empty when he went down. All i could do was rethink it over and over, even when i woke up this morning. I actually noticed his leg straight away, my wife was wondering what the hell was going on before Mike and Joe started screaming about it too
jesus :o.man that leg looks nasty..damn mma is unpredictable..i never even imagined that any body like mirko would end up like this in a fight..this gotta be far worse than any mma knockout ever..knocked out cold with an ankle twisted at 180 degree...this is sad..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2007, 07:25:04 AM »
people are saying "oh its ok, he walked out of the ring"

Listen, nobody gets KO'd like that, twists their leg like that and is ok in the morning. With the swelling up he will surely be in alot of pain, and who knows it there is serious ligament damage in his ankle or knee. Like i said, i dont see him fighting for a while

Scouser on Tour

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2007, 07:30:00 AM »
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST..../11!!!1!!

wow...im really in shock...but as i said some months ago in a thread about Fedor , NO ONE , stays on top forever...NEVER.
 Crocop didnt seemed prepared to thefight,all of it he was strange, and he barely throw any punch at all...just one awfull kick to the body...
 on ground he defended but it wasjust it...where the fuck are all his jiu jistu training now????

I saw this hapenning to Kerr, Belfort, many others...and now Cro Cop...all hailed as invincible guys, and they got caught by their egos, thinking just because of the name they would win anyone...

On the last fight of Fedor, i found him strange too...but even like that, it wasnt too much for him to loose...thats his MOST advantage...Fedor has something called BRAIN. Lack of inteligence and thinking on the fight was the most problem in the fights all those guys i put above...Fedor its the best for years but he didnt got caught by his ego, at least until now....Cro cop had a kick in the fucking head!!!! how the fuck do you get attacked like that in your best feature???

if im not mistaken he did not landed ONE SINGLE LEFT HAND....just some weak jabs,and one kick....jesus fucking christ, thats what bothers me most, HE most of all loosed the fight (not taking anything away from Napao...i saw he many times in Brasil fighting, he is great, just not on Cro Cops league). Cro Cop use to have the best guard of standing fighters...and after seeying Napao telegraphed his kick he puts the hands ON THE BODY!!!! fuck.... (i know... its easy to talk, lol)

Well, he is not finished...lets just not hope he dont pull a wanderlei´s now and loose his next fight...he have to do like he did on Randleman loss...Come back 110%, preparing to fight ANYONE, and not underestimade anyone....
 on his first fight on UFC he wasnt 100% too..he won, and it was difficult to say if he was just holding himself since he didnt need to fight with all his will...but i thinking he is living the  'holywood' life now, tons of money , seeying some 'unknown'' names on front of him and thinking 'nah, just some training and im ok'

Man,i remember this exactly feeling when Belfort Lost to Couture on his firt fight...the difference being Vitor was undefeated at that time, wich was worse...Cro cop its not invencible,he proved that before...but he didnt have to loose this fight...It wasnt a 'lucky´s kick' nor just luck of Napao...he did win it fighting, but Cro Cop seemed to be like a ghost on the fucking fight....

Hail Fedor...the man with skills, technique and BRAIN!!!!!!!

end of my rant (a meltdown of sorts rofl)

!

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2007, 08:15:54 AM »
Did we overrate Pride fighters  :o

RIP Bob Probert

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2007, 08:33:53 AM »
Did we overrate Pride fighters  :o

I've been trying not to ge there, but perhaps.  All I ever hear is how much better the Pride guys are and how they would dominate in the UFC.  Their #2 guy just got destroyed :-\
w

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2007, 08:34:41 AM »
how can you overrate the number 2 heavyweight in the world? He lost, nothing he can do about that just now but thats NOT the Mirko we have come to expect. He was disinterested in the fight, looked like he had other concerns and was certainly unprepared. A horrible showing by him but certainly not the end. hey even a prime Lennox Lewis got KO'd by a shitty Rahman. Anything is possible
Scouser on Tour

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2007, 08:42:49 AM »
Couture and Rogan were making VERY valid comments regarding CC's unwillingness to train in an octagon, but instead in a ring(Pride style). Couture was asked by Rogan if that makes any difference. I knew the answer to that before Randy spoke on it. OF COURSE it makes a difference. CC has excellent sprawling technique and probably didn't think he would get taken to the ground. Well, guess what? it happened and CC absolutely DID NOT look like he wanted to be there either as he getting pressed up against the cage with nowhere to go. That leg kick was devastating! Knocked CC right off his feet!

Incredible upset victory! Congratulations Gonzaga!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2007, 09:48:47 AM »
Looked weak and past his prime. He is done.

he was knocked out by kevin randleman and came back plus a few times in K1

E
E

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2007, 09:49:04 AM »
Latest Cro-cop News- I didn't feel that it's necessary to have 500 Cro-Cop threads so I'll just throw this in here.

Only one day after brutal and humiliating KO by Gabriel Gonzaga in Manchester, Mirko Cro Cop came back to Zagreb. Several of his friends, members of the special forces, were waiting for him at the airport. As soon as he got out of the terminal, walking with a limp, reporters gathered around him to hear his opinion on last night's fight, the fifth loss of Mirko's career.
Although just 10 hours passed from the KO, Mirko was calm and collected, and if it wasn't for the visible limp, you could never guess it was the same man who lied unconscious last night in the UFC cage.
"The fight went the same way I fought it, I didn't deserve any better", analyzed Mirko and continued: "That's seems to be the cross I'm carrying, I fall down every once in a while, I don't know why. I've been two times through such crisis, against Randleman and I came back, against Fedor and I came back. I'll come back after this again. It's part of my carrer, so I should handle it."
It didn't take long since last night's defeat for speculations to arise whether Gonzaga's hick-kick ended Mirko's career aswell. But to our question whether he'll continue fighting after this Cro Cop answered: "Of, course, I will fullfil the contract, I have 4 more fights to go."
After this short statement Mirko entered his car. Before anything, it's time to recover, and after that he'll start thinking about his next opponent.
Predictions
 40/61

posterchild

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2007, 10:52:00 AM »
If we are comparing Pride to UFC, let's not forget about Nog.  I find it interesting how Cro Cop is / was considered to be the #2 fighter when he has an unavenged loss to Nog.  Nog has proved worthy and able to sustain a severe beating and continue fighting, and when it was against Cro Cop, to come back and win.  I know Nog lost a contriversial fight to Josh Barnet, and then Cro Cop TKOed Josh, buth think about how much punishment Josh took against Nog - and then he had to fight a more refreshed Cro Cop after.  Then Nog defeated Josh in their second bout.  Barnet is no slouch either. 

It should be interesting to see what happens in the coming year for UFC heavy.  I would guess that if Fedor does not come over, and there is no issues with Nog going blind we will see Nog being crowned champ - but anything is possible!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2007, 12:25:43 PM »
Mirko isn't a ground fighter. His ground game sucks cause he doesnt have one. His strength is only in his strikes and you can't be a well rounded fighter with just one dominating skill.

As soon as Mirko was on the ground he was fucked.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2007, 12:47:56 PM »
how can you overrate the number 2 heavyweight in the world? He lost, nothing he can do about that just now but thats NOT the Mirko we have come to expect. He was disinterested in the fight, looked like he had other concerns and was certainly unprepared. A horrible showing by him but certainly not the end. hey even a prime Lennox Lewis got KO'd by a shitty Rahman. Anything is possible
how can you rate him #2 in the world when he hadn't fought in UFC? He may have been #2 in PRIDE, but he was untested in UFC. So to rate him #2 without seeing how he performed against a different set of opponents was a bit hasty, don't you think?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2007, 01:06:31 PM »
how can you rate him #2 in the world when he hadn't fought in UFC? He may have been #2 in PRIDE, but he was untested in UFC. So to rate him #2 without seeing how he performed against a different set of opponents was a bit hasty, don't you think?

with this logic fedor shouldn't be ranked number one in the world ::)

E
E

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2007, 01:20:34 PM »
with this logic fedor shouldn't be ranked number one in the world ::)

E
has he beaten the best in the world or has he beaten the best in PRIDE? My whole point is you can't rank people in different orginizations above other people from other orginizations. If you do you get CroCop's head handed to him on a platter. I watched the fight and he was beaten to a pulp. Looked defenseless against the elbow on the ground. Did nothing to escape or advance. And made a huge mistake in dropping his arm, looked lazy like he expected a cakewalk. Is that because every fanboy out there is telling him how great he is and how he's #2 in the world, not just PRIDE, but the world.

Plain and simple. to me he looked awful, got his asswhipped, even before the head kick. But hey he's #2 in the world right? ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2007, 01:24:44 PM »
has he beaten the best in the world or has he beaten the best in PRIDE? My whole point is you can't rank people in different orginizations above other people from other orginizations. If you do you get CroCop's head handed to him on a platter. I watched the fight and he was beaten to a pulp. Looked defenseless against the elbow on the ground. Did nothing to escape or advance. And made a huge mistake in dropping his arm, looked lazy like he expected a cakewalk. Is that because every fanboy out there is telling him how great he is and how he's #2 in the world, not just PRIDE, but the world.

Plain and simple. to me he looked awful, got his asswhipped, even before the head kick. But hey he's #2 in the world right? ::)

so you're saying rankings should be eliminated altogether?

E
E

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2007, 01:31:44 PM »
so you're saying rankings should be eliminated altogether?

E
No. What I'm saying is that a fighter should only be compared to his own org. not every org. on the planet, the world. In other words someone could be ranked #2 in one org, then transfer to another org. he should have to start over, fighting like an unknown. Maybe move him up quicker because of experience, but bot blowing up his rep to be the best in the world, only that one org.

To find the best in the world they should have to fight champs from each org. against each other as the champ from each org. would be the best in that org at that time. The winner would be the best in the world. Make sense? Maybe it's not realistic, but it would solve the world ranking issue.

Besides how can you rank fighters who don't fight each other? I mean I never even heard of Gonzagas, but all I've heard for months is how CroCop should get a title shot, he shouldn't have to fight nobodies, but second fight in UFC, he get's knocked out by who? A nobody. :'(

too much typing.....meltdown :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2007, 02:30:34 PM »
Man I thought Kirik was just doing the hometown thing when he was backing Napao.  Napao dominated him on his feet, did a great job on the GNP, and RHK to the cemetary!   ;D

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2007, 03:36:17 PM »
I just seriously HOPE, THAT Mirko is OK, and NOT permanently brain and or leg damaged!... sad.gif

A TRUE, GREAT, MAN AND WARRIOR!

I SALUTE YOU MIRKO!

"THE HUNTER"

STEVE M. ARCE
DO SAN DOJO
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO