Author Topic: Canada's Mounties allow women in uniform to wear hijabs  (Read 4335 times)

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
Canada's Mounties allow women in uniform to wear hijabs
« on: August 24, 2016, 07:56:09 AM »
Old news perhaps... but I'd like to see what the uniform looks like when it's unveiled (geddit?)

"The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, known as the Mounties, is to allow women in uniform to wear hijabs. Government spokesman Scott Bardsley said the move was to reflect the diversity in Canada's communities and to attract more female Muslim officers.

The iconic uniform, famed for its wide-brimmed hat, has barely changed since it was introduced two centuries ago.

Recent figures show women make up about a fifth of the RCMP but it is not clear how many this measure will affect.

Three types of hijabs were tested before one was selected as suitable for police work, local media reported. According to the Montreal newspaper La Presse, an internal memo said the hijab could be removed quickly and easily if needed, and did not encumber officers."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37173669

T

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Canada's Mounties allow women in uniform to wear hijabs
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 08:30:08 AM »
I'm all for religious freedom but I'm also for tradition and standards, especially for Military and Officers.  Standard issue should be set across the board.  Fuck religion at this point.  Same goes if they were jewish and wanted to wear the skull cap.  Uniformity is important in maintaining a standard across the board in the Police force.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 08:33:02 AM »
I'm all for religious freedom but I'm also for tradition and standards, especially for Military and Officers.  Standard issue should be set across the board.  Fuck religion at this point.  Same goes if they were jewish and wanted to wear the skull cap.  Uniformity is important in maintaining a standard across the board in the Police force.

I hadn't realised (I learned from the article quoted) that the London Met. had led the way in this regard...

T

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 08:48:16 AM »
Gradually moslems are penetrating the western world. First the head, and    ...in a few years... the whole 8inch Kielbasa.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 08:52:51 AM »
Gradually moslems are penetrating the western world. First the head, and    ...in a few years... the whole 8inch Kielbasa.

Funny, people like to claim the Jews control the gov etc...  Then how are the muslims gaining so much power?  Are the Jews letting it happen?  Do they want to see the collapse of the western world so they can profit from it?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 09:01:31 AM »
Blame Canadians you people elected a PM who's a " feminist " this is what you get. 

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 09:03:56 AM »
Blame Canadians you people elected a PM who's a " feminist " this is what you get.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOR38552MJA

PS, I didn't vote for that prick.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 09:28:36 AM »

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 10:17:01 AM »
have you guys met canadas minister of defence

lol

:D
"

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 10:35:28 AM »
I'm so done with this weak world and its horseshit.

A uniform is a fucking uniform. Wear it as is or get lost.

And Muslims shouldn't be allowed anywhere near law-enforcement uniforms in western nations, ever, regardless.

By the very definition of being Muslim (one who submits) you've pledged your first servitude to Allah. Allah commands his followers to only observe his law, Sharia.

Sharia is the opposite of freedom, secularism and democracy.

What is difficult to understand for SO many people?!

Get a goddamn clue, world!

And, oh, yeah. Fuck Trudeau, the ever-loving liberal cuck, straight to hell.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 10:36:57 AM »

lol

At least he's not a kook like our minister of defense from the 60s...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDuqZbjxB_E

Simple Simon

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 10:37:11 AM »
the French seems to be getting fed up with the PC brigade and protecting these fuckwits
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/aug/24/french-police-make-woman-remove-burkini-on-nice-beach

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 10:37:46 AM »

Absolutely correct.  There are standards in the military and police forces for good reason.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 10:39:58 AM »
Lets not get bogged down in a fashion debate here.  The real point is that a woman is not built for physical confrontation and is going to be a frequent liability in any situation involving the phrase, "Hey you, stop that."

Idk what mounties do.  If they're basically meter maids then I don't give a shit what they wear.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 10:41:40 AM »
Lets not get bogged down in a fashion debate here.  The real point is that a woman is not built for physical confrontation and is going to be a frequent liability in any situation involving the phrase, "Hey you, stop that."

Idk what mounties do.  If they're basically meter maids then I don't give a shit what they wear.

Mounties are the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP). They are our federal police.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2016, 10:43:39 AM »
They probably just like riding the horses.

Beach Mode

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 12:54:39 PM »
once the head is in pain soon turns to pleasure

Beach Mode

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2016, 01:01:12 PM »
I'm so done with this weak world and its horseshit.

A uniform is a fucking uniform. Wear it as is or get lost.

And Muslims shouldn't be allowed anywhere near law-enforcement uniforms in western nations, ever, regardless.

By the very definition of being Muslim (one who submits) you've pledged your first servitude to Allah. Allah commands his followers to only observe his law, Sharia.

Sharia is the opposite of freedom, secularism and democracy.

What is difficult to understand for SO many people?!

Get a goddamn clue, world!

And, oh, yeah. Fuck Trudeau, the ever-loving liberal cuck, straight to hell.
do something about it or shut the fuck up, fat bastard

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2016, 02:25:22 PM »
do something about it or shut the fuck up, fat bastard

I have done and am, "Beach Mode".

You're a rather simple individual, aren't you, "Beach Mode".

Now shake the sand out of your fat rolls and burkini, Beach Mode, and get back to being in beach mode, "Beach Mode".

I assume for you this means pissing and defecating behind some outlying shrubbery and then stinking up the shore waters.

"Beach Mode".

Beach Mode

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2016, 06:43:40 PM »
I have done and am, "Beach Mode".

You're a rather simple individual, aren't you, "Beach Mode".

Now shake the sand out of your fat rolls and burkini, Beach Mode, and get back to being in beach mode, "Beach Mode".

I assume for you this means pissing and defecating behind some outlying shrubbery and then stinking up the shore waters.

"Beach Mode".

complaining on get
Big is not doing something about it

You need to take ACTION

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 11:52:32 AM »
Old news perhaps... but I'd like to see what the uniform looks like when it's unveiled (geddit?)

"The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, known as the Mounties, is to allow women in uniform to wear hijabs. Government spokesman Scott Bardsley said the move was to reflect the diversity in Canada's communities and to attract more female Muslim officers.

The iconic uniform, famed for its wide-brimmed hat, has barely changed since it was introduced two centuries ago.

Recent figures show women make up about a fifth of the RCMP but it is not clear how many this measure will affect.

Three types of hijabs were tested before one was selected as suitable for police work, local media reported. According to the Montreal newspaper La Presse, an internal memo said the hijab could be removed quickly and easily if needed, and did not encumber officers."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37173669

^^
HERE ARE 2 so far (RCMP)

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2016, 12:13:17 PM »

lol

He was endorsed as some sort of bad ass.
I don't know his history so not sure if that holds any truth.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 12:48:48 PM »
He was endorsed as some sort of bad ass.
I don't know his history so not sure if that holds any truth.
^^
He actually IS a bad-ass, for an Officer- I fought with him in Bosnia... he actually takes the initiative, and goes in first!!!

Sajjan joined the The British Columbia Regiment (Duke of Connaught's Own) in 1989 as a trooper and was commissioned in 1991. He eventually rose to the rank of lieutenant-colonel. He was deployed overseas four times in the course of his career: once to Bosnia and Herzegovina, and three times to Afghanistan. Sajjan was wounded during his service in Bosnia. Sajjan began his 11-year career as an officer of the Vancouver Police Department after returning from his Bosnian deployment. He ended his career with the VPD as a detective with the department's gang crimes unit specializing in drug trafficking and organized-crime investigator.

Sajjan's first deployment to Afghanistan was right before Operation Medusa in 2006, during which he took leave from his work in the Vancouver Police Department's gang squad. He deployed with the 1st Battalion, Royal Canadian Regiment Battle Group in Kandahar and worked as a liaison officer with the Afghan police. His fluency in Punjabi, his first language, allowed him to be understood by Urdu-speaking Afghans without translators, especially by village leaders who were invaluable to his intelligence gathering. Sajjan found that corruption in the Afghan government was driving recruitment to the Taliban and managed to uncover most Taliban defensive positions in the Kandahar region. After reporting these findings to Brigadier General David Fraser, Sajjan was tasked with helping the general plan aspects of Operation Medusa.

During Operation Medusa, four Canadian soldiers under Sajjan's command were killed in the fighting. Fraser evaluated Sajjan's leadership during the operation as "nothing short of brilliant." When Sajjan returned to Vancouver, Fraser sent a letter to the police department calling Sajjan “the best single Canadian intelligence asset in theatre,” and stated that his work saved “a multitude of coalition lives.”

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2016, 01:00:14 PM »
^^
He actually IS a bad-ass, for an Officer- I fought with him in Bosnia... he actually takes the initiative, and goes in first!!!

Sajjan joined the The British Columbia Regiment (Duke of Connaught's Own) in 1989 as a trooper and was commissioned in 1991. He eventually rose to the rank of lieutenant-colonel. He was deployed overseas four times in the course of his career: once to Bosnia and Herzegovina, and three times to Afghanistan. Sajjan was wounded during his service in Bosnia. Sajjan began his 11-year career as an officer of the Vancouver Police Department after returning from his Bosnian deployment. He ended his career with the VPD as a detective with the department's gang crimes unit specializing in drug trafficking and organized-crime investigator.

Sajjan's first deployment to Afghanistan was right before Operation Medusa in 2006, during which he took leave from his work in the Vancouver Police Department's gang squad. He deployed with the 1st Battalion, Royal Canadian Regiment Battle Group in Kandahar and worked as a liaison officer with the Afghan police. His fluency in Punjabi, his first language, allowed him to be understood by Urdu-speaking Afghans without translators, especially by village leaders who were invaluable to his intelligence gathering. Sajjan found that corruption in the Afghan government was driving recruitment to the Taliban and managed to uncover most Taliban defensive positions in the Kandahar region. After reporting these findings to Brigadier General David Fraser, Sajjan was tasked with helping the general plan aspects of Operation Medusa.

During Operation Medusa, four Canadian soldiers under Sajjan's command were killed in the fighting. Fraser evaluated Sajjan's leadership during the operation as "nothing short of brilliant." When Sajjan returned to Vancouver, Fraser sent a letter to the police department calling Sajjan “the best single Canadian intelligence asset in theatre,” and stated that his work saved “a multitude of coalition lives.”

Wow, appears to be indeed. I thought it was just some media hype.
Nice to see guy climbed his way up.
In general, there are awfully little people in governments these days with actual experience of doing something else than politics.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2016, 01:24:46 PM »

;D