Author Topic: You pretty much know genetically where you are after the first few years....  (Read 7093 times)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
See, there's still hope Deicide, you can diet and compete in figure  :P

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
See, there's still hope Deicide, you can diet and compete in figure  :P
Hey! >:(

:)
R

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
ive got to dissagree with most on here,,, you gain the majority of your size in your 1st 2 to 3 yrs,,, after that u fight for every lb and every half inch on the tape,,,

for example my arms were just under 18" when i competed as a 20yr old,,, last show at 25 they were only scratching 18 and a half"....... now no matter what i do, unless i fill them full of oil , they will never be legit 20"+ arms...

i had almost the same physique at 19 as i did at 25, altho the latter was much more refined, the basic silhouette hadnt realy changed much..

ive found that to be the case many times over.... its not bein negative, just bein realistic

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
ive got to dissagree with most on here,,, you gain the majority of your size in your 1st 2 to 3 yrs,,, after that u fight for every lb and every half inch on the tape,,,

for example my arms were just under 18" when i competed as a 20yr old,,, last show at 25 they were only scratching 18 and a half"....... now no matter what i do, unless i fill them full of oil , they will never be legit 20"+ arms...

i had almost the same physique at 19 as i did at 25, altho the latter was much more refined, the basic silhouette hadnt realy changed much..

ive found that to be the case many times over.... its not bein negative, just bein realistic

Chance may be that you did in 2 years what others are only able to accomplish in 10?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Deicide, you do not have terrible genetics.  Look at your legs for one.  They are genetically superior to some men's legs that even compete and they probably worked theirs extremely hard.

From our PM conversations I believe you need to change your training and especially your diet.

There are people here that can help you make a transformation that you won't believe with diet and training plans.   The problem is though like CQ and others say...people tend not to stick w/the plan.  It takes time to see the results you want.  But from your before pictures I feel if you committed to even 10 weeks the improvements you would see would inspire you to continue.

But I also want to be clear that you shouldn't start a diet/training plan until you are out of Korea and into a new place where you can focus on diet and training more and not the hell you are going through.

How much longer till you're out of there?

Just 2 more weeks or so...maybe in September I will be in a better place...but you are right...in Korea I can't do shit except maintain.... :-\...if that....
I hate the State.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
How does that Ronnie Coleman saying go again?

Back in college (1996), I wasn't sure if I could even reach 200 lbs, as I had been stuck at 189. But, I dug up the old issues of MuscleMag, went over the articles about bulking up and gaining mass, and put it to work. Three months later, I ended up at 210 lbs.

There are other things that, at one point, I didn't think I had the genetics to do (or couldn't do without going the way of the syringe).

- Bench press over 400 lbs
- Squat over 500 lbs
- Build 18" arms

Well, despite my ectomorphic genes, I've achieved all of these goals (steroid-free, I might add).

It goes a little something like this: "everybody want to be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody want to lift no heavy ass weight!"   Like that.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Have you ever dieted down to under 10% bf? My guess is that your biggest concern is your structure, but you only know what it really looks like when you are lean. I have rather big hips but when dieted down, they look quite normal. Although you may feel that you should add more weight until trying to get real lean for the first time, I would go for it anyway. You have enough size and I ensure you, you will see your structure in a completely different light.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Have you ever dieted down to under 10% bf? My guess is that your biggest concern is your structure, but you only know what it really looks like when you are lean. I have rather big hips but when dieted down, they look quite normal. Although you may feel that you should add more weight until trying to get real lean for the first time, I would go for it anyway. You have enough size and I ensure you, you will see your structure in a completely different light.

Nee, ich habe nie meine Bauchmuskeln gesehen. Ich strebe jedoch dieses Ziel an. Im Moment kann ich damit noch nicht anfangen. Korea hat meine Gesundheit ramponiert...ich muss erst entkommen.
I hate the State.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Nee, ich habe nie meine Bauchmuskeln gesehen. Ich strebe jedoch dieses Ziel an. Im Moment kann ich damit noch nicht anfangen. Korea hat meine Gesundheit ramponiert...ich muss erst entkommen.

Ist Aids also doch heilbar?  ;D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Ist Aids also doch heilbar?  ;D

Old School Wiener Schmäh. Reizend.  ;D

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
Chance may be that you did in 2 years what others are only able to accomplish in 10?

possibly,,, i think the ones that make progress after years of training werent training hard or propperly in the 1st place

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Re: You pretty much know genetically where you are after the first few years....
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2008, 11:58:05 PM »
Disagree.

I started at well over 200lbs, a couple of years in I was still an epic loser in the gym and went on to flip my stage across stages and win titles. We are limited mostly by our work ethic, people use the genetics to excuse laziness many times, although of course they do come into play - not as much as we like to think though. Hard work pays off.

Load of shit.  Genetics is the number one factor in bodybuilding.  Hence why most of the top 10 IFBB guys are always black.  It's pretty much safe to say that blacks dominate the sport.  I'm 6'5, us tall guys have to work a helluva a lot harder than most, eating and training wise.