Author Topic: American tourists dying mysteriously in Dominican Republic - SOLVED  (Read 6159 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Every brother ain't a brother.
I don't want to go to any resort that's basically a walled compound to keep out the dangerous wildlife.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Email them back and offer to go for free on condition that you will post on your social media account that you're not dead. lol

You think I could fit a HAZMAT suit in my carry on bag?

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
You think I could fit a HAZMAT suit in my carry on bag?

You're also a diver Pray???
North of Italy

Skylge

• Getbig IV
Many beautiful islands in the Carribean, alas with the wrong kind of people on them. And way too many people, most are overpopulated. Breed like rabbits

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
For Americans, it's a short quick trip that doesn't cost much. And there is huge business in sex tourism both gay and straight.

It's also an extremely popular destination for western Europeans

And there have been dozens sickened -

I'm sure a few will be run of the mill, but something more nefarious is probably at work too. My guess is doctored or bootleg liquor.

This

Typical mini bar in Punta Cana resort rooms

https://nypost.com/2019/06/17/senior-trip-to-dominican-republic-descends-into-disaster-after-group-falls-ill/
Senior trip to Dominican Republic descends into disaster after group falls ill
:

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
A muff diver.

Lolz ok. I did hazmat when I was young. Thought you did it too.
Badass job in any case
North of Italy

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Lolz ok. I did hazmat when I was young. Thought you did it too.
Badass job in any case

No, I was just saying that for the lolz.

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
No, I was just saying that for the lolz.

I do believe depending on conditions muff diving can be almost as hazardous as HAZMAT
North of Italy

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
I do believe depending on conditions muff diving can be almost as hazardous as HAZMAT

True, true.  Michael Douglas will tell you that.

Dokey111

• Getbig V

woof

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
and why these "Americans" continue to go on vacation in this shithole Caribbean island despite all these news is beyond reason

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
and why these "Americans" continue to go on vacation in this shithole Caribbean island despite all these news is beyond reason

Because they are all dumbasses thinking nothing can happen to them mentality

Let’s hope more die

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Tainted Alcohol Kills 19 in Costa Rica

30,000 bottles of alcohol were seized after toxic methanol was found in some. 19 people have died in Costa Rica from drinking tainted alcohol. The Ministry of Health confirmed that 14 men and five women were killed due to methanol poisoning in the space of just five weeks. All of the victims were aged between 32 and 72; seven died in San José, four in Cartago, three in Limón, two in Guanacaste, one in Heredia and two are pending investigation.

Government officials seized 30,000 bottles of the suspected contaminated brands, including Guaro Montano, Guaro Gran Apache, Star Welsh, Aguardiente Barón Rojo, Aguardiente Timbuka and Aguardiente Molotov.  Methanol is sometimes used by bootleggers to dilute alcohol to increase its potency as well as profit margins.  According to the Ministry, a fatal dose of methanol depends on the concentration, if it is mixed with other alcohols and the weight of the person consuming it. It warns that generally a dose of just 0.2 milliliters of 100% methanol per kilogram of the consumer's weight is toxic.

Tainted alcohol was one of the suspected causes behind the recent wave of suspicious deaths in Costa Rica's Caribbean neighbor, the Dominican Republic. This week the DR government announced a range of new safety standards after at least 11 US tourists died there, even though statistically there was no uptick in foreigner fatalities.

https://toofab.com/2019/07/22/tainted-alcohol-kills-19-in-costa-rica/?fbclid=IwAR0zCY4oi1jJM1KyL9Lm5k2ZWdBupISZaO74Bj9gx7NhKDHR7KvFqJ38qwg

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
I go to Sint Maarten and other European islands in the Caribbean. Only way to do it. Saint Barthélemy is awesome but a bit pricey, even by getbigger standards. Stay away from Hispaniola.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
I go to Sint Maarten and other European islands in the Caribbean. Only way to do it. Saint Barthélemy is awesome but a bit pricey, even by getbigger standards. Stay away from Hispaniola.

Even the Caribbean shiitte hole known as Puerto Rico is off limits at the moment.

Cruise Lines Continue to Cancel Stops in Puerto Rico Due to Protests

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/impacting-travel/cruise-lines-continue-to-cancel-stops-in-puerto-rico-due-to-protests.html

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
I went to Nassau years ago and no way in this day and age I would drink there now.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: American tourists dying mysteriously in Dominican Republic - SOLVED
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2019, 04:35:16 PM »
Methanol alcohol is created when someone who doesn't know how to make adult beverages fucks up. That's why illegal still moonshine kills people. If the Hillbilly doesn't know what he is doing he will make methanol.  I bet they cut serious corners when they are filling those bottles in the room.  Might have ten gallon jugs that they are refilling  the  bottles with.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2019, 04:43:58 PM »
The only good in the DR, from what I’ve heard, are the hookers.
T

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
Fentanyl laced coke.

Sh1t... is that a real,thing..?  That just ruined my 50th...

For Americans, it's a short quick trip that doesn't cost much. And there is huge business in sex tourism both gay and straight.

Hmmm, intredasting... what about the Lady Boy scene..?  (asking for a friend)

/jk
 ;D
T

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2019, 06:14:35 PM »
The only good in the DR, from what I’ve heard, are the hookers.

I’ve heard the exact opposite. That the hookers are from the haitian side.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2019, 07:02:33 AM »
Methanol alcohol is created when someone who doesn't know how to make adult beverages fucks up. That's why illegal still moonshine kills people. If the Hillbilly doesn't know what he is doing he will make methanol.  I bet they cut serious corners when they are filling those bottles in the room.  Might have ten gallon jugs that they are refilling  the  bottles with.

Even the hillbilly's know that the 'first cut' is to be discarded....The 'first cut' often contains methanol...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2019, 07:26:22 AM »
Now Costa Rica too?  

At least 19 dead after drinking tainted alcohol in Costa Rica, officials say

Jul 21, 2019

At least 19 people have died in Costa Rica after consuming alcohol contaminated with toxic levels of methanol, officials said.

The victims, who ranged from 32 to 72 in age, consumed the tainted alcohol in various cities across the country dating back to early last month, the country's Ministry of Health revealed over the weekend.

They each died from what appeared to be methanol poisoning. The fatalities occurred in San José, Cartago, Limón, Guanacaste and Heredia.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/19-dead-drinking-tainted-alcohol-costa-rica-officials/story?id=64475877

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2019, 08:10:47 AM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2019, 08:18:20 AM »

Oh, no.  Well, at least we still have Mother Theresa with us.