Author Topic: Arnold owning the competition at the 1980 Olympia - check it out!  (Read 40954 times)

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
Re: Arnold owning the competition at the 1980 Olympia - check it out!
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2008, 02:01:17 PM »
By the way assclowns, this pic says it ALL

Arnold is getting smoked like a joint in this pic.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2008, 02:05:02 PM »
Headline seen around the world.  8)

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2008, 06:51:16 AM »
Arnie won the 1980 MR. OLYMPIA, on the basis of his muscle SHAPE and not necessarily on the SIZE ,of his muscles;

the shape of ARNIE'S muscles,was a result of his INTELLIGENT AND EXPERIENCED conditioning ,

arnie's muscles were ripped to the bones!

so ARGUING -saying ARNIE was smaller in muscle size doesnt matter a lot ,

THE ARNIE OF 1973 -74 WAS HUGE AND BIG , FOR THE PRIMARY REASON OF DEFEATING THE HULK ! AND OTHER BIG GUYS ,

cause arnie was always a big bodybuilder with a huge body frame !

saying the MR OLYMPIA was fixed is again irrelevant , since even today , we can judge the mr.o 1980, personally -VIRTUALLY !

THE PHOTOS OF ARNIE RIPPED TO THE BONE SAY- SPEAK  LOUDER THAN WORDS !!

MR.O - 1980 , WAS JUDGED ON THE BASIS , OF ARNIE'S MUSCLE SHAPE WITH THE REST OF THE REST !

ARNIE 1980 MUSCLE SHAPE = 1980  MR. OLYMPIA = RIGHTFUL WINNER !

THE 1979 MR.OLYMPIA WAS ALSO JUDGED ON THE BASIS OF THE SHAPE OF MUSCLES AND NOT MUSCLE SIZE !

FRANK ZANE WON BECAUSE HE HAD EXCELLENT , MUSCLE SHAPE !WAS MENTZER NOT BIGGER THAN ZANE IN 1979 - MR O ?

BUT THE SMALLER MAN - (ZANE ) WHO HAD BETTER MUSCLE SHAPE WON !

THE BIGGER MAN - MIKE MENTZER LOST !! WHY ?
CAUSE , MUSCLE SIZE DIDN'T COUNT !!!

MUSCLE SHAPE AND PROPORTION WAS COUNTED ... ! NOT MUSCLE SIZE !!!

MENTZER LOST IN 1979 , CAUSE OF HIS FAT BELLY AND AKWARD POSING AND UNDER DEVELOPED MUSCLE SHAPE !

IF MIKE MENTZER HAD BETTER MUSCLE SHAPE IN 1980 ... WHY DID MENTZER LOSE TO FRANK ZANE THE GUY WITH TOP MUSCLE SHAPE ? SO , SAYING MENTZER WAS IN BETTER MUSCLE SHAPE , IS WRONG AND FALSE , THE PHOTOS I SUPPLY WILL PROVE , THAT WHAT IS SAY IS TRUE !

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2008, 07:43:11 AM »
MY PHOTO ANALYSIS - JUDGEMENT OF MIKE'S AND ARNIE'S - 1980 MR. OLYMPIA COMPARISION !!!FIRST PHOTO - ARNIE RELAXED - ARNIE'S SHAPE OF OUTER CHEST, LOWER CHEST IS FAR SUPERIOR, THAN MIKE'S
ARNIE'S AB'S AND STOMACH ARE IN !
MIKE'S STOMACH -AB- BELLY IS FAT OR BIGGER -PROTUDING !
ARNIE'S LEG MUSCLE - INNER QUAD MUSCLE IS MUCH LONGER AND MUCH DEEPER THUS BETTER DEFINED

SECOND PHOTO -ARNIE BACK DOUBLE BICEP !
ARNIE'S UPPER TRAPS ARE BIGGER AND DEFINED!
INNER TRAPS OF ARNIE  ARE EQUALLY PROPOTIONED AND SYMMETRICAL !
MENTZER'S RIGHT SIDE TRAP IS NOT EQUALLY DEVELOPED TO HIS LEFT SIDE TRAP !
ARNIE'S DELT SHAPE AND DELT BICEPS TIE - IN  IS SUPERIOR TO MIKE'S IN SIZE AND AND SHAPE !
ARNIE'S BICEP AND  TRICEP TIE IN IS MORE DEFINED !!
ARNIE HAD BETTER LOWER LAT SEPERATION AND HAD A X-MAS TREE !
ARNIE'S LOWER CALF DEVELOPMENT IS SOPERIOR TO MENTZER'S LACK OF LOWER CALF DEVELOPMENT
!

THIRD PHOTO - ARNIE SIDE TWIST !ARNIE'S BICEP PEAK IS VISIBLE AND DEVELOPMENT IS HIGHER THAN DELT. SHAPE !
ARNIE'S LAT SWEEP AND THICKNESS OF LOWER LAT IS MORE SUPERIOR !
ARNIE'S SIDE LEG -OUTER LEG SWEEP IS PROMINENT AND DEFINED !
ARNIE'S SIDE CALF SHAPE AND DEFINITION IS SUPERIOR !

FOURTH PHOTO - ARNIE SIDE TWIST FRONT !
ARNIE'S SIDE CHEST COUPLED WITH HIS HUGE RIBCAGE IC NO COMPARISION TO POOR MIKE !
ARNIE'S SIDE TWIST -BICEP POSE - LOWER BICEP DEVELOPMENT IS LACKING IN MENTZER'S CASE !
MENTZER HAD NO LOWER BICEPS MUSCLE LENGTH AND THICKNESS !
ARNIE'S BICEPS - HUMERES MUSCLE -OUTER BICEP THICKNESS AND SHAPE IS BETTER THAN MIKE !
IN COMPARISION TO ARNIE , MENTZER'S CALF DEVELOPMENT , IS POOR AND LOWER CALF DEVELOPMENT IS NIL !
MENTZER'S CALF DOESNT COME OR LOWER ITSELF LIKE ARNIE'S !

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2008, 07:44:24 AM »
Someone's color happy. What an eye sore.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2008, 07:46:49 AM »
MY PHOTO ANALYSIS - JUDGEMENT OF MIKE'S AND ARNIE'S - 1980 MR. OLYMPIA COMPARISION !!!FIRST PHOTO - ARNIE RELAXED - ARNIE'S SHAPE OF OUTER CHEST, LOWER CHEST IS FAR SUPERIOR, THAN MIKE'S
ARNIE'S AB'S AND STOMACH ARE IN !
MIKE'S STOMACH -AB- BELLY IS FAT OR BIGGER -PROTUDING !
ARNIE'S LEG MUSCLE - INNER QUAD MUSCLE IS MUCH LONGER AND MUCH DEEPER THUS BETTER DEFINED

SECOND PHOTO -ARNIE BACK DOUBLE BICEP !
ARNIE'S UPPER TRAPS ARE BIGGER AND DEFINED!
INNER TRAPS OF ARNIE  ARE EQUALLY PROPOTIONED AND SYMMETRICAL !
MENTZER'S RIGHT SIDE TRAP IS NOT EQUALLY DEVELOPED TO HIS LEFT SIDE TRAP !
ARNIE'S DELT SHAPE AND DELT BICEPS TIE - IN  IS SUPERIOR TO MIKE'S IN SIZE AND AND SHAPE !
ARNIE'S BICEP AND  TRICEP TIE IN IS MORE DEFINED !!
ARNIE HAD BETTER LOWER LAT SEPERATION AND HAD A X-MAS TREE !
ARNIE'S LOWER CALF DEVELOPMENT IS SOPERIOR TO MENTZER'S LACK OF LOWER CALF DEVELOPMENT
!

THIRD PHOTO - ARNIE SIDE TWIST !ARNIE'S BICEP PEAK IS VISIBLE AND DEVELOPMENT IS HIGHER THAN DELT. SHAPE !
ARNIE'S LAT SWEEP AND THICKNESS OF LOWER LAT IS MORE SUPERIOR !
ARNIE'S SIDE LEG -OUTER LEG SWEEP IS PROMINENT AND DEFINED !
ARNIE'S SIDE CALF SHAPE AND DEFINITION IS SUPERIOR !

FOURTH PHOTO - ARNIE SIDE TWIST FRONT !
ARNIE'S SIDE CHEST COUPLED WITH HIS HUGE RIBCAGE IC NO COMPARISION TO POOR MIKE !
ARNIE'S SIDE TWIST -BICEP POSE - LOWER BICEP DEVELOPMENT IS LACKING IN MENTZER'S CASE !
MENTZER HAD NO LOWER BICEPS MUSCLE LENGTH AND THICKNESS !
ARNIE'S BICEPS - HUMERES MUSCLE -OUTER BICEP THICKNESS AND SHAPE IS BETTER THAN MIKE !
IN COMPARISION TO ARNIE , MENTZER'S CALF DEVELOPMENT , IS POOR AND LOWER CALF DEVELOPMENT IS NIL !
MENTZER'S CALF DOESNT COME OR LOWER ITSELF LIKE ARNIE'S !

Thanks for that detailed analysis gimmick
X

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2008, 07:58:13 AM »
THANKS FOR THE VERY INSIGHTFUL, INTELLIGENT , WISE ,AND CAREFULLY STUDIED ANALYTICAL REPLIES!

INSTEAD OF CHANGING THE TOPIC AND AVOIDING THE TOPIC ...

I HAD FOOLISHLY , EXPECTED A EDUCATED  AND CAREFULLY STUDIED , REPLY ...FOR WHICH I AM STILL EAGERLY AND HOPEFULLY AWAITING ..... !

kweschinomor

• Getbig I
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2009, 08:45:55 PM »
There are many false statements made in this thread. The majority of fans from my gym who attended the show felt Dickerson won. Mike and Frank were not the best. Arnold was the best bodybuilder there. The photo evidence supports that conclusion. People who know me know that I don't exaggerate or kiss butt. One could make a case for any of the top six being the best. Callendar won a big show in Sydney in 1979 and was very popular there. Padilla was never compared and was probably the best, size for size.

The one fact that made the difference is that Arnold was personal friends with many of the judges. Peter McCarthy was supposed to be the Australian judge and he missed the judges meeting so they put Brendan Ryan in instead. That alone was a travesty of the first order. In my analysis of the judges results (I have the original scoresheets somewhere) Chris would have won had they used Peter's score. Peter was a former Mr Australia on several occasions. Brendan was lucky to win a Junior title! What can I say? Brendan stayed at Arnold's place when he visited him in LA.

I will get around to writing another story about the contest. I gave my unpublished version to Mike in 1991. I imagine it got burned the next day! Who knows, it might be among the Mentzer archives. Mike would have easily won the 81 but several of the top guys boycotted that show. Ah, what might have been. All of this over a bodybuilding contest.

Yes, there was booing when Arnold won. However, there was more applause.

No doubt there has been a wealth of facts and opinions on Arnold vs Mentzer vs Weiders.  But there's one MAJOR conflict I'm surprised everyone overlooked.  One of the reasons Arnold competed in '80 WAS to put down Mentzer.  And the reason was, Mike kept bragging about his scientific Heavy Duty methods being superior to the unscientific volume training that was championed by Arnold.  This was a major insult to Arnold. 

I think too many people get it wrong when predicting bodybuilding contests merely by looking at pics.  It's not enough.  Pictures don't tell whether one's muscles bounce around at the slightest movement.  Pics don't tell charisma.  Pics don't tell how good someone's posing routine is, or inspiring the music is, or audiences' reaction.  The fact is, Arnold drew a massive amount of attention, as did Franco the next year.  Both won, and we would have to be there to see why.  It isn't politics or drugs.  It's the 'heat of the moment' that captured everyone present.

One of the posts mentioned beforehand here, talked of how Shawn Ray should've beaten Dorian Yates in '94.  I was there in the audience.  And yes, while true, Shawn looked better than Dorian when they just stood there, EVERYONE in the whole place KNEW Dorian was the winner!!  He out-posed and out-muscled all his competitors.  During the posedown, the other main contenders focused their attention on Yates, while Yates focused on himself.  Yates was a monster, with a killer back and killer legs.  Pictures don't tell ANY of that.  Last comment about that to further prove my point; Shawn Ray did the same posing routine and the same song that he used throughout his pro career up to that point. It was obvious he was mimicking Bob Paris' routine.  It worked for Paris, but Shawn Ray was uninspiring.  Sorry to say.

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2009, 10:32:25 PM »
By the way assclowns, this pic says it ALL

Nah, 1 pic means squat ... Menzer had it lost from the get-go, no chest, bad attitude, small.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2009, 10:38:46 PM »
Arnold's pwning the shit outta Mentzer in those photos.

Nice putting to rest a 25 year old controversy!

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2009, 02:18:48 AM »
Mentzer was so tiny!  :o

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2009, 02:51:35 AM »
Arnold owns nothing, and he knew it. You can see clearly in this pic that Arnold didn't DARE to look in the eyes of Mentzer.

By the way, this topic is just plain stupid. EVERYBODY in the bodybuilding world who were actually THERE all claim Mentzer should have won and Arnold shouldn't be 1st, nor should he be 8th but even BEHIND Tom Platz. And now all of a sudden all of you assclowns who maybe weren't even born at the time try to fool everybody by showing a couple of pics which indeed prove that Arnold was the "tall" man that night and making stupid statements why he dwarfed everybody and all that BS. Let me tell you something, taller and bigger doesn't necessarily mean "better". When are you assclowns going to understand that. It's because of you dumb people that bodybuilding is what it is today. The only thing you care about is ridiculous size and clowns like this guy right here in the second pic:

est post in a long time-stupid kids here who know nothing

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2009, 03:13:06 AM »
::) the thread title is fucking ridiculous. Arnie won cause it was fixed...and NO Mentzer should not have won, I believe it was Roy Callender who took second. You can debate and show the favorable Arnie shots you want all you want but that show was bullshit!

callender took 7th