Author Topic: Why is YouTube Recommending This?  (Read 885 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Why is YouTube Recommending This?
« on: January 03, 2021, 07:12:30 PM »
To me...and I assume to others as well.  Read the comments:

Meanwhile, some of the channels I am subscribed to are nowhere to be seen on my newsfeed.  ::) ??? :-X

I'm trying to figure out the agenda here...but YouTube will be gone the way of MySpace by 2030.  I believe we're in the last stand for mainstream media holding out, or ultimately becoming just more YouTube channels...as in, the revenue from mainstream news organizations is about on par with any given YouTube channel.  Hence why COVID was needed to consolidate power into the hands of the wealthiest people, so they don't get out-competed.

Recently someone told me - competition is for losers.  That is the attitude of the people in power, seemingly.

From a dog barking in Greg Gutfield's home in a green screen on that group show he has on FOX, to BBC having audio only coming out of the left speaker, to all Canadian media being ratioed into oblivion, I haven't seen distrust in media this low since the Iraq War.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
Re: Why is YouTube Recommending This?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 09:37:19 PM »
To me...and I assume to others as well.  Read the comments:

Meanwhile, some of the channels I am subscribed to are nowhere to be seen on my newsfeed.  ::) ??? :-X

I'm trying to figure out the agenda here...but YouTube will be gone the way of MySpace by 2030.  I believe we're in the last stand for mainstream media holding out, or ultimately becoming just more YouTube channels...as in, the revenue from mainstream news organizations is about on par with any given YouTube channel.  Hence why COVID was needed to consolidate power into the hands of the wealthiest people, so they don't get out-competed.

Recently someone told me - competition is for losers.  That is the attitude of the people in power, seemingly.

From a dog barking in Greg Gutfield's home in a green screen on that group show he has on FOX, to BBC having audio only coming out of the left speaker, to all Canadian media being ratioed into oblivion, I haven't seen distrust in media this low since the Iraq War.

YouTube, Twitter and Facebook will be nothing in a few more years. The got to believe they were the only game in town. That's always the beginning of the end.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 09:57:01 PM »

YouTube, Twitter and Facebook will be nothing in a few more years. The got to believe they were the only game in town. That's always the beginning of the end.

It seems like that to me - I hope you are right about your "few more years" estimate.  I think by 2030, but a few years would be even better.

I think MySpace was legitimately displaced by Facebook because Facebook was neater, and MySpace devolved into a ghetto, right?

Whereas, the future disappearance of Facebook will be based on politics running amok.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 02:42:16 AM »
Youtube has become dangerous territory.

Most of the small channels I used to listen to(~100 subscribers) have all been flattened. Many "escaped" to butchute but the problem is that there's censorship there too. Anything WWII is a touchy subject and albeit you see the video's thumbnail you aren't "allowed" to watch it.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 04:45:49 AM »
Matt, I can sometimes be recommended completely random crap by YouTube's algorithms. Some 10 year old video with 300 views. I don't think you should overthink this.