Author Topic: Zane  (Read 22396 times)

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
Re: Zane
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2018, 03:49:25 PM »
Zane, Arnold, and Franco, have all lost most of their large muscle size. Mere shadows of their former selves.

looks who is talking  ::)

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2018, 03:51:54 PM »
Zane, Arnold, and Franco, have all lost most of their large muscle size. Mere shadows of their former selves.

Lol. They would all school you

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2018, 03:53:32 PM »
being a shadow of ones former self, 50 years later is to be expected is it not

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2018, 03:54:04 PM »
They were foolish not to  use  biceps supinator . It's never  too late to get big as you have proved it .

15 yo photo , 15kg of FAT is missing

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2018, 04:16:15 PM »
i dont see the beneficial difference

Stress on  the knees.  By sitting back the knee angle isn't as sharp. Look at the position Zane is in. If he wasn't holding on to anything
he would fall backwards.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2018, 02:52:11 AM »
Stress on  the knees.  By sitting back the knee angle isn't as sharp. Look at the position Zane is in. If he wasn't holding on to anything
he would fall backwards.

its still for sale

https://www.frankzane.com/shop/frank-zanes-leg-blaster/

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2018, 04:13:17 AM »

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2018, 09:53:39 AM »
$900!   :o

maybe he accept bitcoins

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2018, 10:16:11 AM »
I spent a day putting a photo of Frank on a beach here in Australia. I sent a copy to Frank. He returned it unopened saying he didn't accept mail from people he didn't know! He was at my home in Manly years ago with Robert Nailon. Guy is a jerk.

Robert Nailon, is that the guy who's son said you were a troublemaker and full of shit?

J

chrisbro

• Getbig III
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2018, 10:28:39 AM »
he would fall backwards.

correct. also more direct stress on the quads, less on the glutes hammies. The benefits of a Sissy squat with more weight.

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2018, 10:35:32 AM »
;D zane for the win.

Frank bought the Moore Leg Blaster company and modified its design and then began to sell it.  

J

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2018, 10:39:15 AM »
Not even close. If that was the case I'd do front squats. The whole point of the movement with the Zane equipment is holding yourself upright by grabbing on to something.

The moment you grab on to something to do squats .... Sorry , don't expect the same results as just doing the exercise with just legs. 

Everyone one that has gotten old or injured has tried and failed. 

chrisbro

• Getbig III
« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2018, 10:50:54 AM »
The moment you grab on to something to do squats .... Sorry , don't expect the same results as just doing the exercise with just legs. 

are you old and failed?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2018, 11:01:31 AM »
correct. also more direct stress on the quads, less on the glutes hammies. The benefits of a Sissy squat with more weight.

Like a front squat or goblet squat.

The Leg blaster is a good thing but way too expensive.

ayedee

• Getbig II
« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2018, 11:25:52 AM »
Not even close. If that was the case I'd do front squats. The whole point of the movement with the Zane equipment is holding yourself upright by grabbing on to something.

Safety Squat Bar. you can hold on to something if you want.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2018, 11:47:59 AM »

I've been looking for something just like this! With a vest you are limited on the amount of weight you can use plus getting it off and on is a hassle. Does anybody know anything about this equipment? Is it light and portable enough to fit in a canvass bag and bring into a gym. I do this exact movement anyway because it's easy on the knees. I can't squat anymore and our gym got rid of the hack machine. It's only leg press now. I want to do a squating movement with weights standing up.

I've seen it in person, it's substantial, but you could bring it around no problem.

Other things you might try -

Belt Squats -

Also I saw this harness rig that seems like it was made with the idea to use it with low cable crossover machines -

http://fitnessforallinc.com/torque-squath/ .

Not sure if it's still made, but it seems like a shoemaker could make similar is given hooks, webbing, and an idea.

and their's always a Zercher harness -

Also Trap Bar Deadlifts where you stand on blocks to lengthen the ROM will bring in a lot of quad, step ups too.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2018, 05:26:09 PM »

Failed at what?

And saying will not get the same results is like saying you won't get the same results doing leg press as you would squats. OK. So what does that mean? Don't do leg press? Don't do Squat? Do both? I do that type of movement precisely because I don't want to get the same results that I do with squats which is a sore back and sore knees. I'm over 6 ft tall and nearly 60 years old.

I currently do that same movement Zane is doing except without the weights because I don't have a practical way of adding resistance. I do them right after I do a set of leg press to failure so at least my quads are already fatigued but still I have to do over 20 reps before it starts to get difficult. Holding on to something keeps my upper body perpendicular to the ground so I don't have to bend over like with a squat. Also, my shins are nearly perpendicular to the ground as well and I don't get that sharp angle where your knees go past the line of your toes. If I tried to do that without holding on to something I would fall backward.

It would be nice if I could do full squats with a barbell resting on my spine. I did so for decades. Now, as I get older I have to make do. Sometimes the choice is either that or nothing. The Zane apparatus would be ideal for someone like me. There is a reason why he choose that particular movement to design a piece of equipment around. It is a marked improvement for someone like me and not a failure.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2018, 05:29:04 PM »
its still for sale

https://www.frankzane.com/shop/frank-zanes-leg-blaster/

Doesn't ship to Hawaii. And if he has indeed sold a 100 of those at around $900 a piece than that's nearly a million in sales. Good for him. Now if only I can find a gym that has one.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: June 23, 2018, 05:46:47 PM »
I've seen it in person, it's substantial, but you could bring it around no problem.

Other things you might try -

Belt Squats -

Also I saw this harness rig that seems like it was made with the idea to use it with low cable crossover machines -

http://fitnessforallinc.com/torque-squath/ .

Not sure if it's still made, but it seems like a shoemaker could make similar is given hooks, webbing, and an idea.

and their's always a Zercher harness -

Also Trap Bar Deadlifts where you stand on blocks to lengthen the ROM will bring in a lot of quad, step ups too.

No way I could bring that in a gym. I thought it was just the upper body attachment but you need the platform as well. There's nothing in the gym that I can attach that to.

I can already see the problem with that Z harness. The weight position is too far forward from you upper body and will pull you forward as you squat. I can see him fighting that forward pull as he squats. Besides, front squats are a lot harder in every way than regular squats and I can't even do that.

I've tried using those belts guys use for dips and pull ups but it doesn't allow me to squat deep enough.
Trying to set up blocks on each side is just not practical in my always crowded public gym. I once tried to put that harness around my neck instead of my waist but that was a disaster. I think I made it on to YouTube on one of those vids where they show how many morons there are in the gym doing stupid shit.

The trap bar, again, I can't squat deep enough and it's not the same with the resistance on your grip instead of on your upper body.

Virgil

• Getbig II
« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2018, 06:20:47 PM »
I bought a used Zane leg blaster off of Craigslist, great piece of equipment, I'm probably gonna set it up in Ed Ryan's gym in Glenolden pa, if anyone wants to try one out

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2018, 06:26:45 PM »
I bought a used Zane leg blaster off of Craigslist, great piece of equipment, I'm probably gonna set it up in Ed Ryan's gym in Glenolden pa, if anyone wants to try one out

How much did you pay for it and how much did it cost to ship?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2018, 10:05:21 PM »
Doesn't ship to Hawaii. And if he has indeed sold a 100 of those at around $900 a piece than that's nearly a million in sales. Good for him. Now if only I can find a gym that has one.

Um...that's 90k.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2018, 01:32:07 AM »

Um...that's 90k.

LOL! Got me on this one! I ran out of fingers to count.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2018, 06:59:25 PM »
good post mr stunt movie, and you set a few morons straight on here. zane never had the appeal mentzer did and never will.

Yeah, one is a living legend who is a three time Mr. Olympia and the other is a dead guy who spent most of his adult life complaining about a contest he had no chance of winning.

It wasn't like he came in second place.

He was as delusional as his fans seemingly continue to be.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2018, 07:23:21 PM »
Mentzer "stole" nothing from Arthur Jones. If you were around at the time Mentzer came on the scene he made it abundantly clear describing his journey into what he would later term HIT the influence Jones had on him. He described how he wasn't progressing and was getting discourage until he came across Casey Viator and Arthur Jones. He describe how Jones changed his life. He gave credit and quoted Jones often in his writings Those who erroneously state that Mike built his physique using volume before meeting Jones simply ignore the facts before your eyes. You see early pictures of Mike when he first started training with Jones and you see the progress he made while being with Jones.

Are you saying that Mike didn't act like he invented HIT?

Come on.

Even Frederick Hatfield used to make fun of him over it. (RIP Dr. Squat).

And Mike did not die poor and living in a tiny apartment. Where do you guys get this? How do you know?
I lived in Redondo Beach at the time and around two miles from the Mentzers. Though I saw Ray around town way more than Mike ,and though I wasn't privy to their W2 forms, their apartment was not a tiny little dive. Even the apartment unit I was living in at the time was a three bedroom, two bath unit and had a bigger living room and kitchen than my house does now and was just walking distance to the beach. The Mentzer's place was much more up scale.

Why would he need his brother to live there and help with the rent?

We heterosexuals have these things called women.

If you need help with the bills, get a live-in girlfriend. ::)

As for the quality of the abode, well, neither of us can truly say.

In all fairness, Mike did have some bad habits but that is well documented. His impact, legacy and influence on bodybuilding is arguable second only to Arnold. Before Mike, no one talked about intensity,recovery and progression (only the pump). There was no talk about localized recovery versus system recovery. It was just do more sets to bring up weak parts. Even the role of genetics was never discussed pr cpnsidered before Mike. We were led to believe that if we just followed the Weider principles and take the supps we all could build Mr. America physiques. It was Mike that said that what Arnold did wasn't as important as what Arnold was. That Arnold would have been Arnold even if he trained with rocks.

Compare how much Mentzer is discussed on boards with how often Zane is.

One can be a topic of discussion. It doesn't automatically mean agreement. Most don't agree with HIT.

And this is coming from a guy who believes in lower volume (no. of exercises/sets/frequency) and more rest.

I think most would rather be Zane and have had his life rather than Mentzer's.

And let us not forget that he still has life.

He didn't destroy his organs with steroids and still has three Sandow statues.

Mike has...