Author Topic: Mike Tyson "I benched 500lbs in prison"  (Read 15212 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Mike Tyson "I benched 500lbs in prison"
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 08:56:31 PM »
Yeah, I, too, witnessed Johnson weight train when at his peak ... The lifts you claim were indeed performed, but NOT in any way, shape or form to any acceptable standard. His squats were quarter reps, at best, and his presses were horrific.

Anyway ...

Anyone who believe Tyson benched 500, legit, has never pressed 315, legit.

Fuck me
This is a crazy statement, Tyson known for his power, not a small guy by any means. Was easily 250 while in, Was probably juiced to the gills, 500 probably slightly exaggerated, but not by much, so according to you if I believe him I never benched 300? THAT IS THE SUPIDEST THING i HAVE EVER READ IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, wow I can't bench 315 cause you said so, I will smash 315 for 20 any day of the week, lots of youtube videos of me should I post one up. lol...anyway I would give him between 400-450, probably did 500 with someone holding the bar

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 09:53:23 PM »
This is a crazy statement, Tyson known for his power, not a small guy by any means. Was easily 250 while in, Was probably juiced to the gills, 500 probably slightly exaggerated, but not by much, so according to you if I believe him I never benched 300? THAT IS THE SUPIDEST THING i HAVE EVER READ IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, wow I can't bench 315 cause you said so, I will smash 315 for 20 any day of the week, lots of youtube videos of me should I post one up. lol...anyway I would give him between 400-450, probably did 500 with someone holding the bar

Can't understand literal from simply making a point, huh?

Anyway, calm down, Mildred.

Tyson was NEVER 250 pounds. Are you for real? He was likely never heavier than 215-220 in his fighting prime.

And punching power is one thing, pushing 500 is quite another. The latter helps the former, but the former, when fully developed, is in no way reliant upon the latter. 

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 10:34:24 PM »

Tyson was NEVER 250 pounds. Are you for real? He was likely never heavier than 215-220 in his fighting prime.

And punching power is one thing, pushing 500 is quite another. The latter helps the former, but the former, when fully developed, is in no way reliant upon the latter. 
sure he was, he weighed in at a fat 270 when he went in, most fighters in the world usually weigh 20-30lb heavier then fightnight, everyone knows this.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 04:45:46 AM »
Tyson was over 300lbs when he came out of jail in Maryland. George Foreman benched a legit 500

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 05:04:48 AM »
:o

Which party?

Mike, Chris and Yates?

cutler athletics and gifted athletics  ::)

lol......shit, I can't help myself but laugh at the look on Dorian's face

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 07:24:11 AM »
Tyson was over 300lbs when he came out of jail in Maryland. George Foreman benched a legit 500
Ya that's what I thought and walked around at close to 250 almost all the time, lol at people who think he fought at 215 and walked around at 215, lmao. :D

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 08:43:47 AM »
Lotsa folks with a hazy memory 'round these parts.

And all this so-and-so benched 500 crap is getting old.

Get to know the deal.

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 11:44:15 AM »

Tyson fought around 220-225lb for the majority of his heavyweight fights. He was often heavier in the off season.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 11:57:43 AM »
I've met only 2 people who could bench 500 and both were at least 300 pounds and juiced to the gills.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 12:05:12 PM »
I've met only 2 people who could bench 500 and both were at least 300 pounds and juiced to the gills.
Bet you've never been in prison..

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 12:08:14 PM »
Yeah, I, too, witnessed Johnson weight train when at his peak ... The lifts you claim were indeed performed, but NOT in any way, shape or form to any acceptable standard. His squats were quarter reps, at best, and his presses were horrific.

Anyway ...

Fuck me

"Acceptable standard" - we can debate that all day, I won't.

Having seen some powerlifters do it in the fancy suits and the way they push and prod on the bench, it doesn't take anything away from the lifts of these world class athletes. They did it with nothing but a belt. It's rather ironic seeing the fat whales in power suits pull and prod on the bench press until they touch the barbell to their belly button (who really performs a bench like that. try that and your shoulders will come apart, if not for the suit), only to raise it back up a few inches. Only real lifts are raw lifts - with nothing but a belt.

When performing 500lb+ squats Johnson always used a bench and a spotter. He also trained at the university i went to and the local gym. This was post his prime years. He's bench press was done clean and with full range of motion.

As to Tyson, he focused too on the fast twitch muscles just like Johnson. However, he performed the movements in a even more explosive fashion. Remember, they weren't training to be powerlifters, but being a world class sprinter and a boxer.

"Anyone who believe Tyson benched 500, legit, has never pressed 315, legit".

I can press just a little more than 315lb for 1RM, doesn't say anything for anyone that they are not doing a "legit" bench or have never done one. Your point is negated therefore. We have a lot of strong individuals here that can play around with the 3 plates on the BP, whereas they lack in the other power movements i.e. squat/deadlift. Everyone has a niche. I can play around with 4 plates+ on the deadlift and squat and can't do shit on the bench, that doesn't take anything away from someone legitimately doing a certain number for 1RM.

Truth is often exaggerated, that is just part of the game. Liars are a dime a dozen. Maybe he really rounded off his 450lb bench to 500lb. 450 is not too shabby either. Having seen Johnson, he could have easily done around 420-440lb for 1rm.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 12:16:37 PM »

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 12:19:53 PM »

lol......shit, I can't help myself but laugh at the look on Dorian's face
Dorian never fit into this side of the scene. Just a stupid English hillbilly....

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 12:45:45 PM »
"Acceptable standard" - we can debate that all day, I won't.

Having seen some powerlifters do it in the fancy suits and the way they push and prod on the bench, it doesn't take anything away from the lifts of these world class athletes. They did it with nothing but a belt. It's rather ironic seeing the fat whales in power suits pull and prod on the bench press until they touch the barbell to their belly button (who really performs a bench like that. try that and your shoulders will come apart, if not for the suit), only to raise it back up a few inches. Only real lifts are raw lifts - with nothing but a belt.

When performing 500lb+ squats Johnson always used a bench and a spotter. He also trained at the university i went to and the local gym. This was post his prime years. He's bench press was done clean and with full range of motion.

As to Tyson, he focused too on the fast twitch muscles just like Johnson. However, he performed the movements in a even more explosive fashion. Remember, they weren't training to be powerlifters, but being a world class sprinter and a boxer.

I can press just a little more than 315lb for 1RM, doesn't say anything for anyone that they are not doing a "legit" bench or have never done one. Your point is negated therefore. We have a lot of strong individuals here that can play around with the 3 plates on the BP, whereas they lack in the other power movements i.e. squat/deadlift. Everyone has a niche. I can play around with 4 plates+ on the deadlift and squat and can't do shit on the bench, that doesn't take anything away from someone legitimately doing a certain number for 1RM.

Truth is often exaggerated, that is just part of the game. Liars are a dime a dozen. Maybe he really rounded off his 450lb bench to 500lb. 450 is not too shabby either. Having seen Johnson, he could have easily done around 420-440lb for 1rm.
Your whole post is spot on, what I marked in bold is what I was thinking 8)

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2012, 01:51:21 PM »
In his prime, Tyson was juiced to the gills. 500lb BP - if their are naturals claiming to do it here. Why couldn't he? They have everything in the big house, that we have available.

Ben Johnson used to come around to the gym from time to time. He used to play around with 3 plates on the bench, and 3 plates and a quarter. And 5 plates on the squat. He was just around 200lb BW. For his build no body would believe it, unless they seen it in person. His general AAS protocol was 3 weeks on 3 weeks off Winstrol Depot or/and  Furazabol 3* a week at 1-2cc. He preferred the latter over Winstrol Depot.

Johnson never got to 200lbs. He was 160lbs in race condition. He occasionally went just over 175lbs in the off season.

When he won at Seoul he was 165lbs.

He reportedly benched 405 prior to Seoul. But at that time he was smashing anadrol as he had replaced the winstrol with it cos he had an argument with his coach and didnt have a clue what he was doing.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 01:55:54 PM »
has anyone ever asked him about juicing? i am convinced he had to dabble in something, he was built like an ox and chad nichols was his..."nutritionist"  ::)

Come on bro...of course he dabbled in steroids.  Probably started when he was extremely young.  No doubt about it.  All the top heavyweights dabbled in steroids.  Look at Holyfield.  Dude was juiced to his gills! 

The funny thing is someone like Tyson would gladly admit allt he rec drugs and illicit drugs he used but would probably adamantly deny ever touching steroids...........go figure that one! LOL.......

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 02:02:14 PM »
Johnson never got to 200lbs. He was 160lbs in race condition. He occasionally went just over 175lbs in the off season.

When he won at Seoul he was 165lbs.

He reportedly benched 405 prior to Seoul. But at that time he was smashing anadrol as he had replaced the winstrol with it cos he had an argument with his coach and didnt have a clue what he was doing.

This is the late 90's - post his prime years as a competitor (at this stage he had received a lifetime ban), and early 2000. He was much heavier at this stage 190-200.

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2012, 02:07:06 PM »
Come on bro...of course he dabbled in steroids.  Probably started when he was extremely young.  No doubt about it.  All the top heavyweights dabbled in steroids.  Look at Holyfield.  Dude was juiced to his gills!  

The funny thing is someone like Tyson would gladly admit allt he rec drugs and illicit drugs he used but would probably adamantly deny ever touching steroids...........go figure that one! LOL.......

Every juicers "naturals" enigma. They'll openly admit to robbing, assaulting, and raping someone at gun point before they admit to delving in hormones, as if it takes away from their accomplishments. ::)

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 02:59:52 PM »
Bet you've never been in prison..

Yup just being in prison easily adds 50 lbs to your max bench press.
all drugs - TPPIIP

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 03:50:38 PM »

nicely played. I was thinking of this J.Foxx clip when I read the title of the thread.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2012, 03:54:24 PM »
Even worse is Wilt Chamberlains claim that he benched 500 pounds

about as believable as the 20 000 women claim.

I had a guy come up to me at the gym and claim a 500lb bench there a little while ago.. meh..

Tyson might of hit the 400 mark..

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2012, 04:08:33 PM »
Johnson easily pushing 410-440?! Never. Not then and not now.

Tyson might have done a crap rep with 385-415, but that would be about it.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2012, 04:16:18 PM »
:o

Which party?

Mike, Chris and Yates?

cutler athletics and gifted athletics  ::)
chris is feeling up a chick and yates in check out chris's package.... sounds about right
A

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2012, 08:34:53 PM »
500 was probably bounced and he had a 300lb brotha pulling on the bar, but I can believe it.

there's vids on youtube of 500lb benchers who could (and probably do try to!) pass for natural.. apart from their bloated test faces they dont look like much.

tyson was an explosive tank and doing nothing but eating, juicing and sleeping all day is great for strength training.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2012, 11:09:40 PM »
500 was probably bounced and he had a 300lb brotha pulling on the bar, but I can believe it.

there's vids on youtube of 500lb benchers who could (and probably do try to!) pass for natural.. apart from their bloated test faces they dont look like much.

tyson was an explosive tank and doing nothing but eating, juicing and sleeping all day is great for strength training.

what about all the fucking???