Author Topic: Built without GH ??  (Read 4011 times)

Max B

• Getbig IV
Re: Built without GH ??
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 05:03:27 PM »
arnolds delts in that pic sure as hell look like it but you never really know and i doubt it, especially with sergio. 

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 05:10:31 PM »
Of course, look at the actual cost of GH before the mid 80's when Genentech made HGH somewhat more affordable and accessible the the MEDICAL Community. Then look at the cost of hgh after that, it would've been out of the reach of 99.9% of almost all bodybuilders. That cost wasn't even for the a huge amount of GH most guys use. Medical dosing for GH was 1 i.u. per 15kg of bodyweight, 3-4x a week.

Also look at how tightly controlled GH usage was during the 60's - early 80's. Only around 25,000 - 30,000 worldwide were given medical clearance to receive medical treatment worldwide. Worldwide. But we are to believe cadaver GH was following freely?

Also when was the first time you heard about GH being used for bodybuilding? Bodybuilders don't keep secrets, they're like chatty girls. Duchaine, Zumpano, Feliciano, Fitton, etc...... would've mentioned it early on. Granted it take a bit of time maybe a year or two, but the gurus didn't write seriously about GH till the mid 80's.

While GH was on the radar screen in the early 80's, a lot of it was guys trying to get cheap monkey brain extract from Pacifico, or other hare brained schemes.

I'm willing to believe mega dosing, insulin use post Belknap, Trenbolone in the 70's, and all types of steroid related things....... But GH use in the 70's, and most of the 80's doesn't wash.

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 05:15:22 PM »
arnolds delts in that pic sure as hell look like it but you never really know and i doubt it, especially with sergio. 
naaah i also do not think sergio used gh in those years .... in the 80's yes!
he was never in shape compared to aahnold!
always somewhat watery...
arnold did use hgh... look at his face in his comeback year... he had a different look...
his body also had a quality look to it, way ahead of other bb at that time....
smart man, arnold and would stop at nothing to be the best!
Be Happy,
Optimus

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 05:18:14 PM »
this was exactly the point i was trying to make....
they did whatever it took, just like todays champs... cadaver was around, you think for a second they did not use it??? yes they did.... i would if i was around in that era and was a top bodybuilder... why wouldn't they???
we all have the same sick mindset .... all bodybuilders have it lol!

and yeah, a good idea about the cellar wes! i will kill creeps/murderers and other lowlifes.....
eat there glands raw! that way it is as fresh as possible!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL  ;D

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 05:19:35 PM »
Of course, look at the actual cost of GH before the mid 80's when Genentech made HGH somewhat more affordable and accessible the the MEDICAL Community. Then look at the cost of hgh after that, it would've been out of the reach of 99.9% of almost all bodybuilders. That cost wasn't even for the a huge amount of GH most guys use. Medical dosing for GH was 1 i.u. per 15kg of bodyweight, 3-4x a week.

Also look at how tightly controlled GH usage was during the 60's - early 80's. Only around 25,000 - 30,000 worldwide were given medical clearance to receive medical treatment worldwide. Worldwide. But we are to believe cadaver GH was following freely?

Also when was the first time you heard about GH being used for bodybuilding? Bodybuilders don't keep secrets, they're like chatty girls. Duchaine, Zumpano, Feliciano, Fitton, etc...... would've mentioned it early on. Granted it take a bit of time maybe a year or two, but the gurus didn't write seriously about GH till the mid 80's.

While GH was on the radar screen in the early 80's, a lot of it was guys trying to get cheap monkey brain extract from Pacifico, or other hare brained schemes.

I'm willing to believe mega dosing, insulin use post Belknap, Trenbolone in the 70's, and all types of steroid related things....... But GH use in the 70's, and most of the 80's doesn't wash.

you are right about hgh being tightly controlled....
however crescormon was a commercial sold product and did not fell under these regulations....
and it was available in the mid to late 70's...
and really there is always a way.... people steal, and sell stuff..... lol....
i know of people stealing hgh from hospitals... and sell it....
why would this not be the case back then????
look at what bodybuilders today take....even experimental stuff.... we all have sick minds.... lol...
back then no different...

Be Happy,
Optimus

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 05:23:07 PM »
Joe and Ben Weider were THE GUYs in the industry. These guys has connections that we couldn't even fathom in the field of muscle building science. What we were looking at in the bodybuilders of yesteryear were the pioneers/guinea pigs of science. But don't fool yourself, the same thing is happening today. The only difference today is knowledge travels so much faster because of the internet.

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 05:23:59 PM »

LOL  ;D
lol!!!!
remember that scene ...... lol... nasty!
dude was talking while Hannibal was taking out some of his brain to cook.....  
Be Happy,
Optimus

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 05:24:47 PM »
Joe and Ben Weider were THE GUYs in the industry. These guys has connections that we couldn't even fathom in the field of muscle building science. What we were looking at in the bodybuilders of yesteryear were the pioneers/guinea pigs of science. But don't fool yourself, the same thing is happening today. The only difference today is knowledge travels so much faster because of the internet.
you get it!
this x 1000
Be Happy,
Optimus

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 05:25:02 PM »
lol!!!!
remember that scene ...... lol... nasty!
dude was talking while Hannibal was taking out some of his brain to cook..... 
Pretty gross fucking scene,but pretty funny also!  ;D

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 05:46:19 PM »
Cadaver GH was around,and we all know what these guys would do to get to the top...............but if no one saw it happen,it means jackshit..........just conjecture.

No real telltale signs of GH use/abuse IMO.........elbows,hands,jawline,etc.

What did you use in the 40s?

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 05:59:46 PM »
Pretty gross fucking scene,but pretty funny also!  ;D
lol... yeah man...
and nobody plays a psycho cannibal better then Anthony Hopkins!!
Be Happy,
Optimus

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 06:12:18 PM »
if you have ever thought about going to the gym and lifting weights, then you are on gh and insulin and lots of it. i thought that was perfectly clear by now here at getbig.

supernick

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 06:25:10 PM »
They were, look at their jaws, but prob on lower dosages and less effective stuff.
jaws dont mean shit thats how  my jaw looks and  i never  touched gh

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 07:12:05 PM »

Correct it was hard to get. You had to go before a Medical board with your child to try to get approval.

MassiveM

• Getbig II
  • Founder of Thunderdome Drama!
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 08:47:50 PM »

You're a smart man sir.
Team Sarcasm

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2012, 08:56:45 PM »
I think it was the 74 Olympia when Arnold was his best ever and had made pretty big gains since the previous year that the rumor was that thats when he used the cadaver GH
The Weiders were very wealthy Jews and im sure in the wealthy Jewish circle they would have known top Jewish doctors who could have supplied the GH for the right price, like Optimus said its about connections, Robby Robinson said the Joe Weiders own doctor was the one giving Robby his shots of Deca, Joe hooked his champs up ;)
Thunderdome approved

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2012, 09:06:40 PM »
I think it was the 74 Olympia when Arnold was his best ever and had made pretty big gains since the previous year that the rumor was that thats when he used the cadaver GH
The Weiders were very wealthy Jews and im sure in the wealthy Jewish circle they would have known top Jewish doctors who could have supplied the GH for the right price, like Optimus said its about connections, Robby Robinson said the Joe Weiders own doctor was the one giving Robby his shots of Deca, Joe hooked his champs up ;)
Arnold was pretty much the same size in 1974 as 1973. Some people consider 1973 as his best ever.

I personally don't think growth was used much before 1977 and certainly not the way we know it needs to be used to work well.

Having said that I think Arnold and co took a lot more gear than they would ever admit to. Luckily they had the real thing back then.