Author Topic: Marriage Proposal ideas....serious answers only :)  (Read 24989 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Marriage Proposal ideas....serious answers only :)
« on: September 14, 2006, 11:42:14 AM »
I'm going to pop the question to my girlfriend of 2 years within the next few months. I need some advice or ideas of a nice romantic proposal. I have somethin in mind but I would like to hear some opinions. What about it girls?

PB

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Marriage Proposal ideas....serious answers only :)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 12:08:20 PM »
I'm going to pop the question to my girlfriend of 2 years within the next few months. I need some advice or ideas of a nice romantic proposal. I have somethin in mind but I would like to hear some opinions. What about it girls?

PB
Wow, congrats PB!  I kinda liked Toxies thing with the roses.  Maybe you can have 11 people (friends/family would be nice) each bring her one rose (not red...maybe white), then you come in with the 12th (only yours would be red and have the ring inside the rose.  She will undoubtedly smell it (have the rock sticking out) and as she realized what she's looking at...go down on one knee and tell her with all your friends and family as your witnesses you would like to offer her your hand in marrage.  Make sure you have something romantic (dinner reservations for 2) planned for right after with candles and a romantic ambiance.

:D Weee

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 12:10:57 PM »
If you want to really surprise her and catch her off guard, find someone you know (that she doesn't know) and set up this scenario. Go out have a great dinner and pretend you have something VERY IMPORTANT you want to ask her. Make sure the dinner is at HER favorite place to eat (meaning a semi formal place) spend the money and ask her a very important question pertaining to .................whateve r you think is important. The idea is to create speculation of the question being popped.

After dinner you need to go someplace where there is a vending machine (snack, drink) and make sure the person you know is there with the ring. As you approach the vending machine, that person will beat you to it so that he can place the ring in the retrieval area. Buy whatever.............but then present the ring and pop the question.

If you do it right, you can have the friend hide a video camera in a jacket and record the event.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 12:15:12 PM »
Mine was simple, I asked by beautiful wife at sunset at a the tidal basin of the Jefferson memorial (my favorite) down on my knee I talked to her about how important she was and how much I loved her and thankfully she said yes, we then drove home to a hot summer night and fireworks (it was july) in the air and walk down by the river, it was really nice and now any time we drive into DC we see the Memorial and it acts as a reminder of "our night".

sorry sappy... :)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 12:16:07 PM »
I like mine better.  ;D

No offense Flip.  ;)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 12:41:21 PM »
Wow, congrats PB!  I kinda liked Toxies thing with the roses.  Maybe you can have 11 people (friends/family would be nice) each bring her one rose (not red...maybe white), then you come in with the 12th (only yours would be red and have the ring inside the rose.  She will undoubtedly smell it (have the rock sticking out) and as she realized what she's looking at...go down on one knee and tell her with all your friends and family as your witnesses you would like to offer her your hand in marrage.  Make sure you have something romantic (dinner reservations for 2) planned for right after with candles and a romantic ambiance.

thanks, Cheri Lane. This sounds like agreat Idea! I will definately give this one a thought.  :)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 12:43:19 PM »
If you want to really surprise her and catch her off guard, find someone you know (that she doesn't know) and set up this scenario. Go out have a great dinner and pretend you have something VERY IMPORTANT you want to ask her. Make sure the dinner is at HER favorite place to eat (meaning a semi formal place) spend the money and ask her a very important question pertaining to .................whateve r you think is important. The idea is to create speculation of the question being popped.

After dinner you need to go someplace where there is a vending machine (snack, drink) and make sure the person you know is there with the ring. As you approach the vending machine, that person will beat you to it so that he can place the ring in the retrieval area. Buy whatever.............but then present the ring and pop the question.

If you do it right, you can have the friend hide a video camera in a jacket and record the event.
Not bad....
Although I must admit that I skeptical about loosing a very, very expensive ring in a vending machine. But I see your point there. Good idea. thanks.
PB

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 12:44:22 PM »
thanks, Cheri Lane. This sounds like agreat Idea! I will definately give this one a thought.  :)
Thanks PB.  I love such romantic things.  What ever you do ... make sure it becomes a lasting memory. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 12:52:45 PM »
Thanks PB.  I love such romantic things.  What ever you do ... make sure it becomes a lasting memory. 
I will. I'll be so glad when its over. Nerves Cheri, the nerves. I had 2 possible ideas but I realy like yours so far with the wihte roses and family and my rose being red. I can picture that.

PB

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 01:03:01 PM »
I will. I'll be so glad when its over. Nerves Cheri, the nerves. I had 2 possible ideas but I realy like yours so far with the wihte roses and family and my rose being red. I can picture that.

PB
It does sound very romantic and unforgettable.  I wish you the best of luck in your proposal (take a deep breath...don't be nervous) and I wish you a long happy life together.  :)

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 01:16:51 PM »
I could never ask it for such a big crowd. Guess i'm a pussy. Afraid of denial, who knows... Maybe with the right girl.
I like cheri's idea though, if you do that it shows you got guts or really love her. Make it something special though, so you both will always remember it.

Good luck.

$

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 01:59:22 PM »
ok set up can be complicated but this is something i was thinking about.  Tell her that you want to do something special for her since she is having a rough week or whatever might be happening to her at the moment.  Tell her that this saturday you want her to have a "spa" day and that you two will meet up later for dinner.  In the morning when she wakes up have a small gift waiting for her.  Anything that she likes, some type of trinket.  Then with a note let her know you love her and that her ride to the spa will be there soon.  Introduce the limo.  In the back seat another small gift/treat.  If she loves peanut butter cups buy some, or if she likes choclate covered strawberries use that.  Make it seems that this is her day to be pampered.  Once at the spa, she gets the massage etc.  The limo picks her up and low and behold another small gift/letter.  She should be kinda hungry by this time so when the limo drops her off it will be at say Nordstroms or some nice store.  There you will have a personal shopper there waiting for her.  She'll show her to a room and there will be a light lunch and a note saying that she has a personal shopper there courtesy of you and that she has picked out some items for you to look at.  Make sure the shopper knows her style before hand and if money is a lil tight explain the situation.  They do this sort of thing so it's not a super weird request.  Ok so she finds a dress that she likes, and is ready to go home.  Once again the limo and a little gift/note.  in the note tell her that you hope she has enjoyed her day and that you look forward to seeing her tonight.  Let her know to wear her new dinner dress and that the limo will pick her up at "x: time.  Once she gets in her place,make sure some candles are lit, soft music, aromatherapy you know what she likes so use it.  Again a little gift or treat.  Dinner time rolls around and the limo comes, now instead of another gift in the limo, you are there with her favorite types of flowers.  Go to dinner, a place that is her favorite, or the first place you told her you loved her.  eat, drik, be maerry and and then go back to her place.  take her inside and have another little gift on the table.  tell her to open it.  This gift will be empty.  When she turns around with a look of confusion she'll see you on your knees with the ring box open in your hand.  At thsi point tell her that this is one gift you wanted to see her open, then confess to her about why you love her and the whole proposal.  Its complicated, its difficult to execute, but it shows tremendous effort and that's the way i would have done it.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 02:49:10 PM »
Migs, I welled up a bit on that one :)

Playboy, here is an easy one (but still nice) if you're a bit lazy and don't want to set the bar of your marriage too high w/Migs' proposal ;D :

While she is at the gym (make sure her workout partner knows what's coming so she can make sure your girl is listening)  make announcement over the loud speaker, "Attention gym members.  My name is Playboy and I am in love with blah blah.  She means blah to me, blah blah blah.....  And then propose.  Then walk over to her and get on your knees and ask again and put the ring on her finger.  Oh yeah, have some flowers too.  Have someone film it.
R

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 03:23:09 PM »
I had a very similiar instance, you guys my have studied together Migs. 
The most romantic and amazing proposal I ever saw was this;

Dan (The Future Groom) went and placed a note on the kitchen table saying that there was a special dinner planned for the two of us and I would have to gather a few items listed on the note before i could meet him.  The first note told me to go upstairs and check out my dresser.  Inside was another note that described which outfit he wished for me to wear and then told me to go down the street to our local wine shop.  At the wine shop he paid for a very nice bottle and left it their with another note. 

When I picked up the wine the next note directed me to a flower shop where again he purchased a really nice bouquet of flowers and another note.  To make a long story short I had several other places and items to pick up and then meet him at the restaurant.

At the restaurant he reserved a table for us in the garden.  The final note said there was one more item hidden behind the gargoyle by the fountain.  I went over there and looked behind the gargoyle and could not find anything.  When I stepped back to tell him that I couldn't find anything he was gone.  Actually he was down on one knee with a ring in his hand.

a word of warning though.  I said yes because there were many people watching but when we got home in private I had to tell him the truth and I would not marry him.  Then and still now I am not the marrying type of girl.  Bad girls don't get married. 

Besides some backstabbing manstealing b*tch might try and take him from me.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 03:37:16 PM »
Migs, I welled up a bit on that one :)

Playboy, here is an easy one (but still nice) if you're a bit lazy and don't want to set the bar of your marriage too high w/Migs' proposal ;D :

While she is at the gym (make sure her workout partner knows what's coming so she can make sure your girl is listening)  make announcement over the loud speaker, "Attention gym members.  My name is Playboy and I am in love with blah blah.  She means blah to me, blah blah blah.....  And then propose.  Then walk over to her and get on your knees and ask again and put the ring on her finger.  Oh yeah, have some flowers too.  Have someone film it.

what can i say, i'm a romantic at heart.  But i will say this, after all that planning, she better not ask me about any of the wedding plans!  Actually there were somethings that i want if i ever get married, but for the most part i don't really care about the center pieces, colors, band or dj stuff. 

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 04:25:08 PM »
I had a very similiar instance, you guys my have studied together Migs. 
The most romantic and amazing proposal I ever saw was this;

Dan (The Future Groom) went and placed a note on the kitchen table saying that there was a special dinner planned for the two of us and I would have to gather a few items listed on the note before i could meet him.  The first note told me to go upstairs and check out my dresser.  Inside was another note that described which outfit he wished for me to wear and then told me to go down the street to our local wine shop.  At the wine shop he paid for a very nice bottle and left it their with another note. 

When I picked up the wine the next note directed me to a flower shop where again he purchased a really nice bouquet of flowers and another note.  To make a long story short I had several other places and items to pick up and then meet him at the restaurant.

At the restaurant he reserved a table for us in the garden.  The final note said there was one more item hidden behind the gargoyle by the fountain.  I went over there and looked behind the gargoyle and could not find anything.  When I stepped back to tell him that I couldn't find anything he was gone.  Actually he was down on one knee with a ring in his hand.

a word of warning though.  I said yes because there were many people watching but when we got home in private I had to tell him the truth and I would not marry him.  Then and still now I am not the marrying type of girl.  Bad girls don't get married.  

Besides some backstabbing manstealing b*tch might try and take him from me.

call me curious what makes you bad?

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 04:33:22 PM »
call me curious what makes you bad?

Well I don't own a Jaguar, so I can't be that bad  ;D

1.) Many  failed relationships
2.) Bad Girl occupation, definitely not the girl you take home to Mom and talk about work
3.) Hurt a lot of Guys / Gals
4.) "Played" with a lot of Guys / Gals
5.) Unlike most women I can "play" without the emotional attachments (sex is sex if its fun its good)

Actually when I do find a man that I am deeply intrested in and it might get serious I push them away and push really hard.  I just can't seem to do the relationship thing at all and I am tired of sitting on the street crying because it didn't work out.  Seriously jaded I am so I push and hurt them instead of getting close.

BAD GIRL  >:(
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 04:38:27 PM »

1.) Many  failed relationships  (i.e currently single, sweet!!!)
2.) Bad Girl occupation, definitely not the girl you take home to Mom and talk about work (if i take you home, it's not to talk to mom!)
3.) Hurt a lot of Guys / Gals ( i wasn't one, so no biggie)
4.) "Played" with a lot of Guys / Gals (gals?  sweet!)
5.) Unlike most women I can "play" without the emotional attachments (sex is sex if its fun its good) (um, how is this bad????)

Actually when I do find a man that I am deeply intrested in and it might get serious I push them away and push really hard.  I just can't seem to do the relationship thing at all and I am tired of sitting on the street crying because it didn't work out.  Seriously jaded I am so I push and hurt them instead of getting close.

Sorry couldn't help it.  All joking aside, we have all done things we regret.  The thing is to move on.  Or so i'm told.  stupid restraining orders! lol

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 04:39:18 PM »

1.) Many  failed relationships
2.) Bad Girl occupation, definitely not the girl you take home to Mom and talk about work
3.) Hurt a lot of Guys / Gals
4.) "Played" with a lot of Guys / Gals
5.) Unlike most women I can "play" without the emotional attachments (sex is sex if its fun its good)

1. join the club everybody does
2. a job is a job its what you do not who you are
3. again who hasn't
4 thats what youth is for and I bet I have been worse
5. I have references that can speak for my abilities..:)

MY 2 cents is you put up a wall and have a act but like most people you try to shield your true heart because at one time or another you did not and got it ripped out and shown to you so instead of making the jump again you have pushed sex over caring and naked over intimate and now you fear giving up control for fear of losing who you became and really you just need a person stronger and better at dealing with your issues..how far off am I?

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 04:41:39 PM »
I plead the 5th
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 04:43:44 PM »
1. join the club everybody does
2. a job is a job its what you do not who you are
3. again who hasn't
4 thats what youth is for and I bet I have been worse
5. I have references that can speak for my abilities..:)

MY 2 cents is you put up a wall and have a act but like most people you try to shield your true heart because at one time or another you did not and got it ripped out and shown to you so instead of making the jump again you have pushed sex over caring and naked over intimate and now you fear giving up control for fear of losing who you became and really you just need a person stronger and better at dealing with your issues..how far off am I?

This moment brought to you by Dr. Phil.  Actually, very well put AS

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2006, 04:46:59 PM »
I plead the 5th

bad girl......you need to step up to the question or I might have to take you over my knee and ...well I am working to be nice here..:)

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2006, 04:49:38 PM »
bad girl......you need to step up to the question or I might have to take you over my knee and ...well I am working to be nice here..:)

;D ;D

So what is the punishment then?
But I won't answer that one, ever.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2006, 04:52:42 PM »
;D ;D

So what is the punishment then?
But I won't answer that one, ever.

See naughty girls need to have there pretty panties roughly pulled down and bend over my knee and *wack* the first one is always a warm up to the upturned backside, first light pink hand print starts to come to the surface and before you can catch your breath I like to follow it up with another and maybe a quick stroke of my hand...STella is going to kill me..:)

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2006, 04:53:57 PM »

yup.  Well maybe she'll punish you by a quick spanking.  You lucky SOB, lol