Author Topic: Will curiosity kill the cat?  (Read 6717 times)

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
Will curiosity kill the cat?
« on: September 29, 2006, 09:24:38 AM »
Stella,

There is more to talk about besides cookies and lipstick yes?  I've been told many times by women that females when together, are much worse than men at times when it comes to subject matter of conversation.

That being said, would sexually, or sexuality based topics here be out of bounds if kept from becoming lewd? 

BKS - Guardian of Truth

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
Re: Will curiosity kill the cat?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 09:55:56 AM »
We could also discuss the incredibly imaginative and illuminating contribution of women to the Surrealist Movement (even before Breton's Manifesto of Surrealism hit the scene) yet how they have been largely ignored in critical literature, but I guess that's not so interesting.  :)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 09:59:46 AM »
LEWD = lascivious, unchaste ...etc.

YMBL, how on earth are you going to stop yourself?

But, I for one, won't mind if you decide to kill your cat.  Just don't post pix.
xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 10:05:07 AM »
Stella,

There is more to talk about besides cookies and lipstick yes?  I've been told many times by women that females when together, are much worse than men at times when it comes to subject matter of conversation.

That being said, would sexually, or sexuality based topics here be out of bounds if kept from becoming lewd? 

or you could perhaps go back to the manly board and we'll get curious about surrealism and suffergettes here?

xLinda

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 10:14:45 AM »
xxLinda, the point of this topic is to learn the boundaries so that I do not let myself get lewd etc.  Just trying to get a gauge on what will be inappropriate here.  As adults we should be able to have conversations relating to sex without things going so far as someone getting banned.
BKS - Guardian of Truth

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 10:17:28 AM »
it's so girly and you're so good at it.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 10:19:29 AM »
xxLinda, the point of this topic is to learn the boundaries so that I do not let myself get lewd etc.  Just trying to get a gauge on what will be inappropriate here.  As adults we should be able to have conversations relating to sex without things going so far as someone getting banned.

also, always (YMBL), please call me Linda.  The xxx bit was a typo whilst attempting to sign in.  I'll save the kisses.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 10:22:59 AM »
Well, the "have you had sex with a co-worker" thread was moved to the sexy.  ???

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 10:24:32 AM »
Well, the "have you had sex with a co-worker" thread was moved to the sexy.  ???

oh, and I nearly went there !!!

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 10:26:23 AM »
Stella,

There is more to talk about besides lipstick yes? 

If you wanna be lewd you could always try doing it on your board, the board you rule, the gen topics?

L

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 10:26:37 AM »

OK, I see.  Then the original question was answered.  Thanks Sweets.  :)
BKS - Guardian of Truth

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 10:27:36 AM »

If you wanna be lewd you could always try doing it on your board, the board you rule, the gen topics?

xL

I don't rule any board Linda.  I'm just a regular level member here just like you.
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 10:31:02 AM »
OK, I see.  Then the original question was answered.  Thanks Sweets.  :)

Ask STella maybe, Muffin kiss. She offered to reword the way thread questions are asked, to make them acceptable.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2006, 10:31:55 AM »
Right !!!

Does that mean then, that (curiosity and the cat aside), you have finally fathomed that I'm not tingnting, that I'm really some drunken half-bi-polar mostly high on pot dippy chick that cannot do a quick one-liner, just a fast talkin 90wpm paragraph type self-promoting whore?

xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2006, 10:35:54 AM »

I don't rule any board Linda.  I'm just a regular level member here just like you.

sorry again, I meant Always Sore.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2006, 10:38:21 AM »

Yes, I felt I should move it there because it was "graphic" to a degree.  I PMed Oldschool about it and he understood.  Once posts like that are acceptable here, some women may become uncomfortable....and some posts may not stay as (somewhat) benign as Oldschool's was (even though it was more appropriate for the sex board).

YoMama, I think what we need to keep in mind is that Ron wants this board to be a comfortable place for women.  Maybe before posting things primarily of a sexual nature, we should keep in mind that women may be lurking here, watching this board, deciding if they are going to feel comfortable enough to post here which is the main reason for this board and it's rules.

If we can keep things somewhat tasteful think we'll be OK.

That being said, the thread that Oldschool started was just a bit over the top for this board which made the Sex Board a much better home for it. 

I'm not saying that we can't talk about sex here, or things of a sexual nature, but I'm assuming that there are females on the sex board too for informational purposes.

I hope that makes sense :-\
R

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2006, 10:39:48 AM »
Right !!!

Does that mean then, that (curiosity and the cat aside), you have finally fathomed that I'm not tingnting, that I'm really some drunken half-bi-polar mostly high on pot dippy chick that cannot do a quick one-liner, just a fast talkin 90wpm paragraph type self-promoting whore?

xL

Absolutely, and who also spends too much time at the offlicense on top of the booze, pot and pills.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2006, 10:53:54 AM »
Absolutely, and who also spends too much time at the offlicense on top of the booze, pot and pills.

okay. ta.

the offlicense is the shop where you buy the bottle of wine.  a little pot is good for the head.  That makes me type faster and think faster etc.  I daresay you may disagree and I maybe will, one day, when I grow up, but in the MEAN time... I'm not taking any pills.

STella is being made to work too hard with this "Open Talk For Girl Discussion" Board.  I wonder whether she and Ron will decide that it's maybe not gonna work.

And the bottom line???
There are all sorts of lovely ladies too shy to post here.  We are putting them off.  If you wanted a proper ladies place, you'd find it. 

But >Where's the ladies?  There ain't no ladies in here (my fave toilet joke when asking where the bathroom is...

lindax

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 10:59:25 AM »
okay. ta.

the offlicense is the shop where you buy the bottle of wine. 

I know dear...

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2006, 11:02:57 AM »
Absolutely too much

& I've never believed in there being any such thing as too much.  Never seen it.  I never get enough.

xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006, 11:10:42 AM »
Yes, I felt I should move it there because it was "graphic" to a degree.  I PMed Oldschool about it and he understood.  Once posts like that are acceptable here, some women may become uncomfortable....and some posts may not stay as (somewhat) benign as Oldschool's was (even though it was more appropriate for the sex board).

YoMama, I think what we need to keep in mind is that Ron wants this board to be a comfortable place for women.  Maybe before posting things primarily of a sexual nature, we should keep in mind that women may be lurking here, watching this board, deciding if they are going to feel comfortable enough to post here which is the main reason for this board and it's rules.

If we can keep things somewhat tasteful think we'll be OK.

That being said, the thread that Oldschool started was just a bit over the top for this board which made the Sex Board a much better home for it. 

I'm not saying that we can't talk about sex here, or things of a sexual nature, but I'm assuming that there are females on the sex board too for informational purposes.

I hope that makes sense :-\

Wouldn't that be loverly?
xL

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2006, 11:27:05 AM »

Sorry, yes, you are kinda right

but we do honesty better than you ...

Are you lonely Linda?
BKS - Guardian of Truth

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2006, 11:31:58 AM »
I know dear...

Dear is what you call your grandmother.  So call me darling, please?  or all those other lovely names you came up with: loonydya, looupy...

maggot girl doesn't sound so bad when you say it with love...  Maybe I'm looking forward to rotting.

What name rhymes with cat ((or curiosity???

splat
xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2006, 11:35:37 AM »
Are you lonely Linda?

ta for asking.  I've answered this before (on the benefits of being single thread)

I'm alone.

But I never get lonely. 

After all, I will die alone.

I'm safe.  Alone.  Noone comes into my precious private space.  I prefer my own company.

Plus I'm not scared of anybody whilst alone.   

Other people are mostly horrid, given half a chance.  Or perhaps I provoke them, because I'm better than them?  Haven't figured that one out yet, I just keep myself to myself. (in real life that is, not here...

Me, I'm okay, wonderful, fab.  Not lonely, just alone, which is the way I love it.

But I still have to go out tonight to see people. Scary...
thanks again for asking.  I'm definitely not lonely, I have too many friends, aquaintances, neighbours and long-lost family to contend with.  But I am alone xL

'cept for my angels and spiritual guides, my swami and so on.  I'm not totally alone.

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2006, 11:46:42 AM »
Do you have a phobia of large crowds?  You said something about seeing people tonight and it being scary.
BKS - Guardian of Truth