Author Topic: Weird larceny case involving former cop - c'mon, Brotha!  (Read 1956 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Weird larceny case involving former cop - c'mon, Brotha!
« on: April 30, 2008, 08:00:47 AM »

From the Sac Bee:

A former Sacramento police officer was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of grand theft, after he refused to return $20,000 to a friend who had given it to him to keep so she could qualify for public assistance, authorities said.

According to a Police Department news release, 35-year-old Sean J. Lewis had been with the department since 1999, primarily as a patrol officer.

He resigned before the arrest, but the release does not say when, and Sgt. Matt Young, a department spokesman, refused to answer any questions.

"I cannot provide any information other than what's on the press release at this time," Young said repeatedly. "The chief of police will be answering any questions regarding this incident."

A press conference is scheduled for 10 a.m. today.

Chief Rick Braziel did not return calls seeking comment.

In another news release, the District Attorney's Office described the officer's friend, who has not been identified, as "a former dating partner."

The Police Department's news release says she is a "40-year-old female acquaintance" and that she reported the incident to the Police Department's internal affairs unit on March 10.

She alleged she handed Lewis $50,000 in cash on Jan. 11 to hold while she qualified for welfare.

Lewis received the money while on-duty, went to his bank with it, but left without depositing it, according to the district attorney's news release.

The woman changed her mind the next day and asked for her money back. Lewis returned $30,000, saying authorities had confiscated the rest.

The District Attorney's Office says in its release that Lewis told her the money "had been garnished to pay back child support."

The news release says that was not true.

Lewis refused his friend's numerous requests for her money. Investigators executed several search warrants but have not found the missing cash.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Weird larceny case involving former cop - c'mon, Brotha!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 08:37:52 AM »
Here was the  Channel 13 (CBS) news spin:

A former Sacramento police officer is under arrest, accused of stealing $20,000 from a local woman.

Sacramento Police Officer Sean J. Lewis has been charged with a single count of felony grand theft after the department's Internal Affairs Division investigated a claim against him. According to authorities, Lewis was temporarily holding onto $50,000 for a local woman, but only returned $30,000, claiming that the other $20,000 had been confiscated by authorities.

Authorities executed several warrants during the investigation, but they have not yet located the missing money. Lewis had resigned from his position before his arrest.

----

Note, they completely exclude the fact that this bitch was conspiring to commit welfare fraud.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 08:39:25 AM »
Note, they completely exclude the fact that this bitch was conspiring to commit welfare fraud.

very rarely do they prosecute welfare fraud. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 08:39:42 AM »
Here's what Channel 10 said:

According to Sgt. Matt Young with the Sacramento Police Department, Sean Lewis, 35, devised a scheme with his ex-girlfriend in which she gave him $50,000 in cash from her bank account to make her eligible for welfare.

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 08:48:45 AM »
how the fuck can a state agency who's doing a finacial evaluation determine your assets when it's in cash?......are they checking under her mattress?........closet?...........i smell a rat

warchild

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 08:52:03 AM »
very rarely do they prosecute welfare fraud. 

why would they? it would be an admission that the program is completely fucking broken and the liberal left would hate to admit that.....besides, Rev Al and Jesse would complain that their people were being unjustly prosecuted   ::)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 08:57:00 AM »
Every cop is a criminal.
a

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 09:18:15 AM »
how the fuck can a state agency who's doing a finacial evaluation determine your assets when it's in cash?......are they checking under her mattress?........closet?...........i smell a rat

She's alleging that she pulled $50,000 cash out of her bank account. 

Most people I know don't have $50,000 in their bank accounts...but these are people who work every day and who pay taxes. 

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 09:22:23 AM »
I remember back when my gym was right by the Welfare office.....you'd see these pricks with their new "bling bling" cars, yet on government aid.  ::)

Fucking scumbags.
HAHA, RON.....

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 09:51:06 AM »
I remember back when my gym was right by the Welfare office.....you'd see these pricks with their new "bling bling" cars, yet on government aid.  ::)

Fucking scumbags.

C'mon now - how could they be expected to afford all that cool shit if the rest of us weren't paying for their food stamps and Section 8 housing??

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 12:28:01 PM »

Fucking scumbags.

what's it like standing in line?