Author Topic: Do you like the new Lamborghini?  (Read 3536 times)

galeniko

• Getbig V
Re: Do you like the new Lamborghini?
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2013, 11:41:51 AM »
is funny shizzo here on the lambo topic while he couldnt even afford to fill up the gas reservoir of that car :D
n

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2013, 05:25:30 PM »
is funny shizzo here on the lambo topic while he couldnt even afford to fill up the gas reservoir of that car :D
Gaurantee I have a better car than you.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2013, 05:30:48 PM »
It's pretty...boring.

IF I had the funds for a vehicle in this bracket, I'd opt something that isn't so...cliche.

Porsche 911 GT2

Mercedes SLS AMG

Hell, I'll even throw in an Audi RS6 Avant on the list too for shits and giggles. From what little I read about the Huracan, it's essentially a Gallardo with new body panels. :-\

Now that's an amazing car, always loved Audi Avants and any RS Audi is insanely fast. Combine the two and you have a winner.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2013, 05:40:42 PM »

ya love it and the direction they took with this body style. the lines have been too aggressive, angular, almost space age looking (aventador). these understated muted lines really appeal to me. still holds the aggression of a lambo in it's styling, but softer lines make it more aesthetically pleasing imo.

would like to see what it would look like as a spyder.
b

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2013, 05:41:25 PM »
Now that's an amazing car, always loved Audi Avants and any RS Audi is insanely fast. Combine the two and you have a winner.
Would love to see an RS8...whic I would hope would force BMW's hand to make an M7.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2013, 05:47:04 PM »
Hahah......DuPont registry magazine always show where to get these used Lambos for a fair price, but paying 165k for a 2009 Gallardo with 17k miles is still no chump change.....

but that's not a base gallardo that's prolly an lp570.

regardless, you buy a used gallardo. say you pay 140k. in 3 years you still have a car worth 130-140k.

now go buy a bmw/ merc. you'll lose twice as much over the same amount of time. they cost more to buy but hold their value way better.
b

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2013, 05:54:08 PM »
Would love to see an RS8...whic I would hope would force BMW's hand to make an M7.

Unlikely but I'd love to see it. Audi did make the R8 GT which was lighter and with slightly more horsepower but it was a limited edition model and very expensive.
Audi has some very ambitious plans for producing considerably lighter cars and some of their concepts look very promising. (the Quattro Coupe and the Nanuk were both fantastic but I'd like to see a light Quattro coupe with the inline 5 cylinder turbo - the TT RS fits this bill, though it's not particularly light)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2013, 05:59:32 PM »
Unlikely but I'd love to see it. Audi did make the R8 GT which was lighter and with slightly more horsepower but it was a limited edition model and very expensive.
Audi has some very ambitious plans for producing considerably lighter cars and some of their concepts look very promising. (the Quattro Coupe and the Nanuk were both fantastic but I'd like to see a light Quattro coupe with the inline 5 cylinder turbo - the TT RS fits this bill, though it's not particularly light)

yeah, they said that they would not make an RS8 to compete with the S63/S65 AMGs, and that there was no viable market, so an S8 will do...no viable market yet Mercedes has been making S55s/S65/S63s for the past 13 yrs.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2013, 06:06:20 PM »
yeah, they said that they would not make an RS8 to compete with the S63/S65 AMGs, and that there was no viable market, so an S8 will do...no viable market yet Mercedes has been making S55s/S65/S63s for the past 13 yrs.

Ah, thought you were taking about the R8, not the A8/S8. I think an RS8 (A8)wouldn't be such a non-viable alternative even though Mercedes and AMG have really dominated the market with the insanely powerful beasts they have (and Stephan Reil doesn't see a case for this either). Part of the A8's appeal is its distinctiveness (something "different" and avant garde than a "common" BMW or Mercedes) and technology, for those who find a Mercedes too common or too pretentious. The overall cost of an RS8 project/business case though would not be very profitable especially for a non halo model. I'd rather they develop lighter cars and bring back RS Avants in the US.

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2013, 06:46:54 PM »
Agree, RS8 (A8) would be a very niche market, too small to be very profitable

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2013, 01:13:06 AM »
What's more boring looking than a Beetle, ...I mean Porsche?

Hey now! >:(

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2013, 01:17:43 AM »
new chassis, and sports a DCT transmission, whereas the Aventador has a single clutch transmission.
As far as the engine, I don't know...but from what I've read it's either an overhaul of the current engine, which was Audi designed in the first place, which means the next R8 will get it, or that everything is new except for the block.

Thanks for clarifying. Every time a blog relating to it pops up on Jalop, I keep scrolling because I feel there's something else more entertaining to look at elsewhere. But I'll keep my eye open to see if Audi decides to place that motor in the new R8....not sure why that car holds a special spot in my heart.[pause]

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2013, 01:20:50 AM »

I'd be willing to make an incredibly horrible financial decision to purchase one of those off the showroom floor. :-*

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2013, 03:03:58 AM »
Never got into lambos they look rad but I prefer Ferraris if I was going down that route

Shit, give me an E46 m3 CSL or an older e30 m3 8)

The car I had the most thrills in was a gt3 porsche , both 996 and 997

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2013, 06:57:50 AM »
Kh300 in 3.....2.....1