Author Topic: Wife tasered after Bears-Packers bet  (Read 1025 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Wife tasered after Bears-Packers bet
« on: November 06, 2013, 06:56:18 PM »
Hilarious.   ;D

Wife tasered after Bears-Packers bet
Updated: November 6, 2013
By John Roberts | ESPNChicago.com

ABC's Terry Sater reports on a wife being tasered by her husband after losing a bet following the Bears' win over the Packers.

The Green Bay Packers' loss to the Chicago Bears was particularly painful for one Packers fan who was tasered by her husband, who is a Bears fan, to settle a bet after Monday's game.

John Grant, 42, of Tinley Park, Ill., told police that he and his wife made the wager as they watched the game at a bar in Mayville, Wis., but his wife told police that she didn't think her husband would follow through with it.

You can't make this stuff up. It takes the rivalry to a whole new level.

-- Mayville, Wis., police chief

After the Bears beat the Packers 27-20, Grant and his wife, who police say had both been drinking, went outside to an alley next to the bar to smoke cigarettes. Grant tasered his wife twice in the buttocks while she filmed it with her cellphone camera.

Mayville police chief Christopher MacNeill said the woman was laughing during the first two taserings caught on video, but when Grant tasered her a third time in the thigh, this time not on video, she apparently considered that over the line. An argument ensued that led to the woman calling the police.

"You can't make this stuff up," MacNeill said. "It takes the rivalry to a whole new level."

MacNeill said at first the woman said Grant tasered her without her consent but after the officer viewed the cellphone video and saw her laughing, he determined that he did not have enough evidence to arrest Grant for battery. Grant was charged with felony possession of an electronic weapon.

Grant made his initial appearance in court Tuesday where they advised him of the charges, and he was given another court date that has not been released.

MacNeill, who has been tasered before as part of police training, said: "I don't think I would volunteer to be tasered if my team lost."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/9936032/chicago-bears-fan-tasers-green-bay-packers-fan-wife

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Wife tasered after Bears-Packers bet
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 07:35:42 PM »
haha wtf?