Author Topic: Boston Red Sox = World Series Champions  (Read 11170 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Boston Red Sox = World Series Champions
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2013, 05:38:12 PM »
Fixed. Given to them by the illuminati as compensation for Boston bombing.

Seen it a million times; New York, New Orleans etc...

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Reporter of perverse news
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2013, 09:12:04 PM »
Congrats

The Red Sox becomes relevant when noone gives a fuck about baseball

good job bitches
getbig or getgot

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2013, 10:34:18 PM »
I really thought the Cards were gonna chew 'em up pretty easily. Shows what I f'n know.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2013, 10:41:11 PM »
I really thought the Cards were gonna chew 'em up pretty easily. Shows what I f'n know.

I grew up in Boston and I was impressed with that Cards team and the Tigers!  This Sox team has a lot of fighters and got timely hitting even though their hitting sucked in the playoffs.  Also their bull pen was tough as nails.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2013, 10:43:32 PM »
I grew up in Boston and I was impressed with that Cards team and the Tigers!  This Sox team has a lot of fighters and got timely hitting even though their hitting sucked in the playoffs.  Also their bull pen was tough as nails.

Surprising how many of the Series' games were won on the road.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2013, 05:24:11 AM »
Congrats

The Red Sox becomes relevant when noone gives a fuck about baseball

good job bitches

Bitter Spankees fan much?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2013, 05:32:09 AM »
Bitter Spankees fan much?
AS A YANKEES FAN ANYONE DESERVED IT OVER YANKEES THIS YEAR,THE SEASON OTHER THAN 2 DECENT MONTHS WAS A BUST :-\..

Purge_WTF

« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2013, 07:01:46 AM »
AS A YANKEES FAN ANYONE DESERVED IT OVER YANKEES THIS YEAR,THE SEASON OTHER THAN 2 DECENT MONTHS WAS A BUST :-\..

Having Jeter out of commission didn't help.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2013, 07:05:57 AM »

I knew no national league team had enough to win it all this year ...... it was Detroit or Boston

Me being a Red Sox fan  go the best laugh of course.

WooOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2013, 07:18:52 AM »
Having Jeter out of commission didn't help.

And Tiexiera/Granderson/ARod/Cervelli.    Losing 5 starters for most of the year doesn't give a team a chance.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2013, 07:25:37 AM »
And Tiexiera/Granderson/ARod/Cervelli.    Losing 5 starters for most of the year doesn't give a team a chance.
PROBLEM is tex is he going to be back 100 pct usual #s 30/35/120,granderson is goner possibly which disappoints me and they are salivating beltran ???...arod who knows,cervelli good catcher improving bat better than stewarts.still lotta questions

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2013, 07:29:06 AM »
PROBLEM is tex is he going to be back 100 pct usual #s 30/35/120,granderson is goner possibly which disappoints me and they are salivating beltran ???...arod who knows,cervelli good catcher improving bat better than stewarts.still lotta questions

Yes, definitely lots of uncertainty, but can't write them off yet either.

Granderson may not be gone, though.  I thought it was for certain, but now I'm not sold on it.
Y

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2013, 08:58:07 AM »
Amazing the amount of money people are throwing around about Jacoby Ellsbury...The guy isn't even really a 100m dollar man and some people are saying he could get upward of 150m from some sucker team. WTF

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2013, 09:08:56 AM »
Amazing the amount of money people are throwing around about Jacoby Ellsbury...The guy isn't even really a 100m dollar man and some people are saying he could get upward of 150m from some sucker team. WTF
COULD YANKEE FANS EMBRACE ELLSBURY IF HE SIGNED,HE'S A VERY GOOD PLAYER HEALTHY,BUT HIS HISTORY IS SPOTTY AND YANKEES CANNOT AFFORD ANOTHER LARGE CONTRACT AND GUY ON DL.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2013, 09:19:49 AM »
COULD YANKEE FANS EMBRACE ELLSBURY IF HE SIGNED,HE'S A VERY GOOD PLAYER HEALTHY,BUT HIS HISTORY IS SPOTTY AND YANKEES CANNOT AFFORD ANOTHER LARGE CONTRACT AND GUY ON DL.

I'm a Sox fan and to be honest, it wouldn't bother me one bit if Ellsbury was a Yankee...He's a pretty boy so the pinstripes would actually make sense for a player like him...He did basically nothing in the post season this year and was a total non factor on the base paths and the Sox still won it all. He can be fun to watch at times because he has the ability to make things happen. To me he would be a much better national league player where his speed on the base paths would really be seen as an asset...I also have a gut feeling that when he gets his big payday, he is going to miss a lot of time...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2013, 09:23:08 AM »

GMs are stupid.  His out of context year really helped him appear to be more than he is.

But, I do believe Boston completely misdiagnosed his rib problems, and the team turned on him.   I've thought he was gone ever since.

Fully expect the front office and fans to trash him after he's gone, either directly, or through leaks with their media shills.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2013, 09:26:59 AM »
I'm a Sox fan and to be honest, it wouldn't bother me one bit if Ellsbury was a Yankee...He's a pretty boy so the pinstripes would actually make sense for a player like him...He did basically nothing in the post season this year and was a total non factor on the base paths and the Sox still won it all. He can be fun to watch at times because he has the ability to make things happen. To me he would be a much better national league player where his speed on the base paths would really be seen as an asset...I also have a gut feeling that when he gets his big payday, he is going to miss a lot of time...
TRUE...thing is he had mvp season and has been not the same player 2 yrs in a row,throwing 5/120 is nuts,and as a yankee fan i'm getting delirious with there team makeup,situations,luck lately.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2013, 09:38:47 AM »
GMs are stupid.  His out of context year really helped him appear to be more than he is.

But, I do believe Boston completely misdiagnosed his rib problems, and the team turned on him.   I've thought he was gone ever since.

Fully expect the front office and fans to trash him after he's gone, either directly, or through leaks with their media shills.

Ya I agree. They will trash him...He's kind of put himself on an island when it comes to chemistry with other players. 3 players I wouldn't mind see go are Ellsbury, Buchholtz and Drew...And if they trade off Lackey while he get fetch some good young talent, i'd have no problem with that...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2013, 09:44:42 AM »
Ya I agree. They will trash him...He's kind of put himself on an island when it comes to chemistry with other players. 3 players I wouldn't mind see go are Ellsbury, Buchholtz and Drew...And if they trade off Lackey while he get fetch some good young talent, i'd have no problem with that...
LACKEY has been a disappointment but came up big this yr playoffs for them.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2013, 10:11:05 AM »

To dump Lackey, they'll need to eat part of his contract.  Buchholz is still cost controlled, so he'll stay.  Drew and Ellsbury are FA and gone.
Y

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2013, 01:19:59 PM »
To dump Lackey, they'll need to eat part of his contract.  Buchholz is still cost controlled, so he'll stay.  Drew and Ellsbury are FA and gone.

Lackey's contract is actually very good now...It's something like 15 million next year and the league min the year after that. So someone will get lackey for about 7 1/2 million per year for the next two. Sox put a clause in the contract that if he has an arm injury(which he had Tommy John last year), Lackey owes them an extra year at the league min(about 500K)...Right now teams would line up to take on Lackey for that price after the year he just had. His record says 10 wins 13 loses but Sox gave him almost no run support during a lot of his starts. He easily could have won 18 games this year...Totally redeemed himself...

Buchholtz is cost controlled but he's a total head case. The guy has some of the best stuff in the league but what good is it if he won't get on the field.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2013, 01:29:30 PM »
Lackey's contract is actually very good now...It's something like 15 million next year and the league min the year after that. So someone will get lackey for about 7 1/2 million per year for the next two. Sox put a clause in the contract that if he has an arm injury(which he had Tommy John last year), Lackey owes them an extra year at the league min(about 500K)...Right now teams would line up to take on Lackey for that price after the year he just had. His record says 10 wins 13 loses but Sox gave him almost no run support during a lot of his starts. He easily could have won 18 games this year...Totally redeemed himself...

Buchholtz is cost controlled but he's a total head case. The guy has some of the best stuff in the league but what good is it if he won't get on the field.

They don't have the depth to get rid of those 2, though.

Buchholz looks like the poster warning kids not to do meth.
Y

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2013, 01:46:33 PM »
They don't have the depth to get rid of those 2, though.

Buchholz looks like the poster warning kids not to do meth.

lol...True about Buchholtz...The only way I would trade Lachey is if someone wanted to give some really good young talent. And if they do that, then I'd go all in for that Tanaka dude from Japan(24-0 this year :o)He looks to be the real McCoy. Although I'm sure the Sox will be gun shy after how it all went down with Matsuzaka. But they are in on him. But so are the Yankees and LA and possibly the Cubs...Might cost 60 million just to buy the rights to talk to him...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2013, 01:48:25 PM »
lol...True about Buchholtz...The only way I would trade Lachey is if someone wanted to give some really good young talent. And if they do that, then I'd go all in for that Tanaka dude from Japan(24-0 this year :o)He looks to be the real McCoy. Although I'm sure the Sox will be gun shy after how it all went down with Matsuzaka. But they are in on him. But so are the Yankees and LA and possibly the Cubs...

I'm expecting NY to be all in on Tanaka.  He's not Darvish, but he's good.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2013, 02:00:18 PM »
I'm expecting NY to be all in on Tanaka.  He's not Darvish, but he's good.
THATS WHAT THERE SAYING TANAKA YANKEES ARE HOT 4 HIM,I LIKE DARVISH,KEI IGAWA WAS A BUST FOR THEM..