Author Topic: I'm going to call it now Obama will pick BIDEN for his VP.  (Read 3724 times)

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
I'm going to call it now Obama will pick BIDEN for his VP.
« on: August 20, 2008, 05:23:38 PM »
He better pick Biden, and i feel he will.  He's losing ground in the polls, and needs someone like Biden on the ticket.   Nader said he will pick Hillary, but i doubt he will.

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: I'm going to call it now Obama will pick BIDEN for his VP.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 05:24:32 PM »
I'm going to call it how I see it.

MattT gets it up the poop chute

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 05:25:57 PM »
He better pick Biden, and i feel he will.  He's losing ground in the polls, and needs someone like Biden on the ticket.   Nader said he will pick Hillary, but i doubt he will.

If Obama picks Biden he will never be President.

Biden is the Democratic version of Dan Quayle.

Would be the worst pick possible.

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 05:30:02 PM »
If Obama picks Biden he will never be President.

Would be the worst pick possible.

My 2nd choice would be Kane. 

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 05:31:16 PM »

Biden has more foreign policy experience than pretty much anyone else in the Senate.   But because of his bankruptcy bill, he is not very popular with the progressives.    He'd be a safe choice, but I hope it's not.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 08:49:40 PM »
Biden has more foreign policy experience than pretty much anyone else in the Senate.   But because of his bankruptcy bill, he is not very popular with the progressives.    He'd be a safe choice, but I hope it's not.
No, he would NOT bea safe choice.

He was an AWFUL presidential candadite (x2), he is not viewed as one of the brighter guys in government and he has the worst hair plugs in the Senate-it all adds up to Dan Quayle Jr.

If Obama pics Biden the race is over.

(and I have not even touched on his phony plagerized speechs)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 09:28:15 PM »
I've said this since mid-Feb.

Obama will select hilary.
Mccain will select Romney.

That is all

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 09:40:11 PM »
in light of the most recent polls that show Obama now trailing McCain, the super delegates at the upcoming Democratic Convention are going to switch their allegiance to Hillary, thus putting her over the top as the party's presidential nominee. 

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 09:49:00 PM »
in light of the most recent polls that show Obama now trailing McCain, the super delegates at the upcoming Democratic Convention are going to switch their allegiance to Hillary, thus putting her over the top as the party's presidential nominee. 

::) Come nov the turn out for Obama will be much higher then the turn out for McCain will be.  Look how low the turn out for republicans was in the primaries.  Theres only 10 weeks to go, Obama will get a bump in the polls after the convention, and carry that lead into Nov.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 11:56:40 PM »
::) Come nov the turn out for Obama will be much higher then the turn out for McCain will be.  Look how low the turn out for republicans was in the primaries.  Theres only 10 weeks to go, Obama will get a bump in the polls after the convention, and carry that lead into Nov.

the problem with polls is who they sample.  I read a criticism that polling in the south often under represents blacks.   One poll had the black vote at 22%, even though 4 years ago the black vote was 26%.   I think its a safe assumption that blacks in the south will turn out in record numbers this time around.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 12:03:41 AM »
yep, hilary just to united the D. party.
A

Moosejay

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 04:53:41 AM »

That is all

240=correct

he has to pick Hil

Will lose too many votes if not

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 05:00:06 AM »
if he picks hilary, he suddenly gets millions of ohio/penn/virginia/WV redneck votes.

A lot of poor people love to vote dem, but won't choose an african-american.  Record turnout for the primaries because SO MANY people loved the Clintons. 

He's just flirting with Evan Buyi to win Indiana votes.  Kaine and webb for virginia votes.  Nunn for the military vote.  Fact is, Clinton delivers economic and security credibility because her husband is standing next to her.  And you've noticed how quiet Billy boy has been in the last 2 months ;)  Methinks that was a term of hilary being selected by Obama... Bill Clintop stops talking to reporters.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 05:10:58 AM »

That is all
I got a $5 paypal bet says he won't.  ;)

Moosejay

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 05:21:09 AM »
if he picks hilary, he suddenly gets millions of ohio/penn/virginia/WV redneck votes.

A lot of poor people love to vote dem, but won't choose an african-american.  Record turnout for the primaries because SO MANY people loved the Clintons. 

He's just flirting with Evan Buyi to win Indiana votes.  Kaine and webb for virginia votes.  Nunn for the military vote.  Fact is, Clinton delivers economic and security credibility because her husband is standing next to her.  And you've noticed how quiet Billy boy has been in the last 2 months ;)  Methinks that was a term of hilary being selected by Obama... Bill Clintop stops talking to reporters.

don't you think he will be worried they will make it THEIR presidency, and he will just be an appendage?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 05:33:02 AM »
don't you think he will be worried they will make it THEIR presidency, and he will just be an appendage?

When it comes to the issues, Obama and Hil are darn near identical.  They won't do things *that* much different, and will agree on a lot of things.

Hil will be the most powerful VP in history - Cheney has changed things a lot ;)

But as VP, she'd be able to initiate just about any policy changes she wants WITHOUT all the presidential responsibilities and appearances.  Remember, cheney has been working in secrecy from an undisclosed location for more than half of the Bush presidency.  He does what he wants, where he wants, and we never hear about 99.9% of it.  We only see him when he chooses to show up.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 06:41:06 AM »
He should pick bil Laden then they can have dems driving around with bumper stickers that say

OBAMA/OSAMA 08

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 10:55:09 AM »

Being from Ohio......no, lol. That's giving Obama too much credit.

He has zero chance of winning Ohio at the top of the ticket.

California Muscle

• Getbig II
  • War in the West
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 11:30:41 AM »

That is all

I really can't imagine Obama picking Hillary, given that he hates her.
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬►

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 11:42:18 AM »
When it comes to the issues, Obama and Hil are darn near identical.  They won't do things *that* much different, and will agree on a lot of things.

Hil will be the most powerful VP in history - Cheney has changed things a lot ;)

But as VP, she'd be able to initiate just about any policy changes she wants WITHOUT all the presidential responsibilities and appearances.  Remember, cheney has been working in secrecy from an undisclosed location for more than half of the Bush presidency.  He does what he wants, where he wants, and we never hear about 99.9% of it.  We only see him when he chooses to show up.
LOL. That'll go over well with Obama and his Chief-of-Staff!  :-\

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 12:27:38 PM »

"rednecks"  won't vote for a black guy but millions will switch for an ugly woman?  don't think so.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 12:33:22 PM »
If Obama picks Biden just kiss his chances of being President good bye.

He will be referred to as "Michael Dukakis the 2nd".

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 12:45:52 PM »

That is all
You called it all right.  ;)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2008, 12:49:52 PM »
I'm calling it now:  McCain will pick Alaska Hockey mom Pallin as his VP nominee.  Word.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2008, 12:50:17 PM »
I'm calling it now:  McCain will pick Alaska Hockey mom Pallin as his VP nominee.  Word.
That'll never happen!!!!