Author Topic: TOP OF LEFT FOOT HURT  (Read 2276 times)

bigandbrolic

• Getbig II
TOP OF LEFT FOOT HURT
« on: November 03, 2006, 03:28:06 AM »
MY LEFT FOOT BEGAN HURTING LAST WEEK, HAD XRAYS BUT HAVE TO WAIT. SOMETIMES IT JUST LOCKS UP ON ME AND I CAN'T WALK.  I'VE BEEN ICING AND RUBBING HOT ICE BUT IT SEEMS TO FEEL BETTER AND THEN I MAKE A BAD STEP AND THE PAIN COMES BACK. 

IT FEELS LIKE THE TENDON OR LIGAMENT RIGT AT THE BOTTOM OF MY SHINS ARE SORE BUT THEN IT SPREADS THROUGHOUT THE FOOT, I WONDER IF ITS NERVE DAMAGE.  PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.
I am a grown ass man

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: TOP OF LEFT FOOT HURT
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 12:18:23 PM »
http://familydoctor.org/x2574.xml

Meanwhile, big and brolic, do you have any swelling or redness?  If you're not using the foot, is pain present?

When it "locks up" is your foot locked in a certain position?  Or is it just too painful to walk?

Do you remember injuring your foot and/or leg in any way?  Are you a runner?

(from coolrunning.com)
Pain on Top of Foot

Likely causes:
If your symptoms do not match those listed above for a metatarsal stress fracture, the pain is probably caused by either a bone spur or simply shoes that are too tight. A bone spur is an enlarged bone; you'll see it as a bump on top of the foot. The bone has probably grown as a result of pressure being applied to it.

Remedy:
Try wearing larger shoes and don't tie your shoe laces quite so tight. (Remember when buying shoes that your feet swell when you run, especially over long distances). In the case of a bone spur, try taking some of the pressure off of the bone. Cut a piece of foam rubber (about 1/4" thick) to make a doughnut-shaped pad that fits over the bone spur. Either put it on before running or glue it to the tongue of your running shoe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R