Author Topic: Greek Prostitution Soars By 150% As Youth Unempoyment Hits 75% In Some Areas  (Read 10909 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
From last May. The same will happen here sooner than later.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-22/greek-prostitution-soars-150-youth-unempoyment-hits-75-some-areas

With Greece suffering the biggest economic depression in decades, all so a few rich men can preserve their wealth and not have their EUR-denominated savings wiped out (even if the alternative means finally being able to rebalance externally using the Drachma instead of forcing internal rebalancing via unemployment and plunging wages), it was only a matter of time before we found out just how humiliating the conversion of the entire economy to a "gray", non-tax paying one would be for the citizens of Greece.

As the NYT reports, in just the past two years, the numbers of Greeks engaging in prostitution as a last course source of income has more than doubled: according to the National Center for Social Research, the number of people selling sex has surged 150 percent in the last two years.

Furthermore, with every business in which there is exploding "competition" and rich client scarcity, it is not just any prostitution, but very deflationary prostitution:

“Five euros only, just 5 euros,” whispered Maria, a young prostitute with sunken cheeks and bedraggled hair, as she pitched herself forward from the shadows of a graffiti-riddled alley in central Athens on a recent weeknight.

Many prostitutes have been selling their services for as little as 10 to 15 euros, a price that has shrunk along with the income of clients afflicted by the crisis. Many more prostitutes are taking greater health risks by having unprotected sex, which sells for a premium. Still more are subject to violence and rape.

Now a new menace has arisen: a type of crystal methamphetamine called shisha, after the Turkish water pipe, but otherwise known as poor man’s cocaine, brewed from barbiturates and other ingredients including alcohol, chlorine and even battery acid.
And with a surge in prostitution come the drugs, and the danger of an epidemic of blood-transmitted diseases, like HIV:

A hit of shisha, concocted in makeshift laboratories around Athens, costs 3 to 4 euros. Doses come in the form of a 0.01-gram ball, leaving many users reaching for hits throughout the day. They include prostitutes, whom Mr. Tzortzinis photographed in a seedy central neighborhood of Athens called Omonia, next to a large police station.

Shisha is most often smoked. But it is increasingly being taken intravenously; because of the caustic chemicals it contains, a rising number of users are winding up in the emergency room. Health experts say the injections are also adding to an alarming rise in H.I.V. cases around Greece, which surged more than 50 percent last year from 2011 as more people turn to narcotics.

For Mr. Tzortzinis, who grew up in the area, seeing women give themselves for as little as 5 euros underscores one of the many horrors of Greece’s drawn-out crisis.
Unfortunately for the country which is terrified to just say no to Europe due to the indoctrinated dread of what would happen if it left the Eurozone, this is only the beginning as the problem is far deeper, and it goes to the root of everything: an entire generation going to waste.

But while the Greek still soaring unemployment rate is no surprise to anyone, it is the youth unemployment that is the problem. And as the Telegraph reports, in some areas of Greece, youth unemployment has now hit a inconceivable 75%.

Europe's response to this pandemic of unemployment?

Europe's leaders have called for more action to tackle joblessness in Europe. Earlier this month, European Commission president Jose Manuel Barroso urged Europe's leaders to come up with "a more ambitious plan to fight youth unemployment" at a next month's EU summit.

"We must give revive hope, specially for young people," he said. "We cannot wait for long, we are all aware this is urgent."
And when hope is not enough, and when these same young people end up as prostitutes, drug addicts or, worst, infected with HIV, maybe they should also hope that a cure for the disease is somehow discovered (and which they can afford).

Why? Just so the 0.001% uberwealthy can continue to get richer and richer courtesy of a year after year of flawed monetary and fiscal policy, even as the real world around them burns.

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
Natural result of a society that does not like to work and lives off welfare.
Ψ

lacticacid

• Getbig II

true, but also they were raped by the banks

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Anyone know any good hotels that allow 'guests' there?

blackpele

• Getbig III
I live in a small town in a Greek island. There is a university here so it is filled with students, last year however it was the first time that I heard about female students prostituting to make ends meet, it broke my heart. The situtation is getting from bad to worse, so I wish no other country will go through what we are going through right now.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
I live in a small town in a Greek island. There is a university here so it is filled with students, last year however it was the first time that I heard about female students prostituting to make ends meet, it broke my heart. The situtation is getting from bad to worse, so I wish no other country will go through what we are going through right now.

Exact location please?

j/k

Simple Simon

Fuck Thailand, where is this island?

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
Fuck Thailand, where is this island?

Greeks are hotter.

Even if the women have more hair than the Thai men.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

This is what America is turning into. Disability social security is exploding the last 6 years with people saying they can't work and need a check for life.  Our unemployment payment checks from the government is over 2 years now. At what point will it be labeled welfare? After 3 years maybe?  The last 6 years food stamps paid for by the worker's tax money has also went through the roof.  Now with Obamacare almost everyone in the health care exchanges gets a portion of their insurance policy paid for by the government using worker's tax money. This country is heading towards hell as the amount of tax payers goes down and the takers expand. The party in charge with media support turns their back on seeing the obvious. You can't spend more than you take in. They keep kicking the can down the road. In ten to 15 years all hell will break loose unless this government and society changes direction. It won't though because people are now voting with the thought what can government do for me with other people's tax money. The government has no money. Only the money they collect in taxes and borrow from other countries.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Cheap prostitution couldn't start soon enough.  Only problem is Wiggs posted it, so it'll never take place

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
true, but also they were raped by the banks

I hear that response often.Always with no explanation, while I don't disagree I am curiously waiting for an explanation as to how the banks have raped Greece or any other people.if anyone knows or has an intellectual answer please do so.no conspiracy b.s.please just facts

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
this thread is useless without pics.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
They're a bit shy?  :D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
I hear that response often.Always with no explanation, while I don't disagree I am curiously waiting for an explanation as to how the banks have raped Greece or any other people.if anyone knows or has an intellectual answer please do so.no conspiracy b.s.please just facts

It's a media response that's parroted by unthinking baboons. Everybody now 'hates bankers' because they 'ruined' people. You know, monkey hears, monkey says.

All that happened is that people that lives irresponsibly on debt, credit and stupidity, had the carpet pulled out from under them and lost easy access to credit. Same with businesses. The weak got killed and the strong survived. In my industry and personal life I didn't even know that a 'credit crunch' were going on. Kept wondering WTF people were on about  ???

Now that credit are becoming freely available again, the housing bubble in London are bursting at the seams already, AGAIN. When unemployment comes down to 7% in the UK (7.2% ish right now), Bank of England is bumping up interest rates and the weak and irresponsible will get killed again.

If you're a financially responsible and intelligent person, all these dramas would seem like a stupid soap opera to you.

Otherwise, move on, nothing to see here. Only stupid people getting slapped with cold reality.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Economic crisis are a bitch because the bottom 5% are basically pushed off the cliff.

The bigger problem is that people DO NOT vote with their heads. If a government made up of party x + y + z + n created this clusterfuck, the next time there is an election NO ONE should vote for NEITHER of these parties. This way any corruptive connections created during that particular government are cut out and we will have a clean government for another 4 years. Instead, we vote the SAME people to positions of power and they quickly move to build bridges with the private world.

Democracy is mind-numbingly simple and ruthlessly effective when used in the right manner.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
They're a bit shy?  :D

Amazing to think that I could chuck 100 Euros their way and probably get all three of them for the night  :D

Only consideration is finding a 'job' for them all

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
bah----- the greeks work ethic vs Americans is uncomparable--

wiggs you are a retard trying to compare a tiny lazy euro country with the economic juggernaut that is the US

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Greece's Miss Universe contestant?
2nd Runner up.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Anyone know any good hotels that allow 'guests' there?

LOL at "guest-friendly" Greek hotels. 

If the economy is really as bad as it seems, I'm sure at least some of the hotels are instituting LOS-style "joiner fees".

Another thought:  With physiques like young Steve Reeves, I'm gonna guess that Greek ladyboys are gonna be fooling no one. lol

RRKore

• Getbig IV
This is what America is turning into. Disability social security is exploding the last 6 years with people saying they can't work and need a check for life.  Our unemployment payment checks from the government is over 2 years now. At what point will it be labeled welfare? After 3 years maybe?  The last 6 years food stamps paid for by the worker's tax money has also went through the roof.  Now with Obamacare almost everyone in the health care exchanges gets a portion of their insurance policy paid for by the government using worker's tax money. This country is heading towards hell as the amount of tax payers goes down and the takers expand. The party in charge with media support turns their back on seeing the obvious. You can't spend more than you take in. They keep kicking the can down the road. In ten to 15 years all hell will break loose unless this government and society changes direction. It won't though because people are now voting with the thought what can government do for me with other people's tax money. The government has no money. Only the money they collect in taxes and borrow from other countries.

I take your general point but isn't there a fundamental difference between Greece and the USA in that the US can print money and Greece (which still uses the Euro, I think) cannot?

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
The Greeks have always been the laziest bunch of c.unts in Europe.  Should never have been allowed to join the Euro. This is why rich and poor countries with different monetary policy requirements should not share the same currency. Removing the interest rate tools for individual countries was always going to end in disaster for 3rd word countries like Greece, Italy, Spain and Republic of Ireland.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
prostitution is a vice that should be destroyed at all cost

But they charge less than 25 Euros...

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
yeah but remember i found out my baby mama was a prostitute pretty much

it's a horrible finding