Author Topic: Politicians using "God" at the end of speeches...  (Read 1361 times)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Politicians using "God" at the end of speeches...
« on: July 27, 2016, 07:40:58 PM »
It never fails.  I want to kick them in the each and every time.
Leave your fiction reading out of real political venues. I'm it gets you votes, but damn this gets old.

"God bless you.  God bless Merica."
 ::)

I don't think Trump does this.  I've at least never heard it.  Actually, Obama hasn't either...but saying praise be to Allah may ruffle some feathers.
N

Red Hook

• Getbig V
Re: Politicians using "God" at the end of speeches...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 06:06:34 AM »
Leave your fiction reading out of real political venues. I'm it gets you votes, but damn this gets old.

I don't think Trump does this.  I've at least never heard it.  Actually, Obama hasn't either...but saying praise be to Allah may ruffle some feathers.

I don't think that Trump praising Lucifer would come off any better either.

With that said this goes to the mentality of the majority of Americans.   "He didn't says God Bless Merica", he must be anti Mericans. The same for wearing a pin with the American flag, without that pin he must not love Merica.

Sad but the general public ears are listening for buzz words to comfort them regarding a candidate.

no one can say "let's scale back on the military budget".. political suicide..  cutting back from 57% to 50% would save a lot of other programs.. but again.. political suicide and is un Merican

I

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 07:13:59 AM »
Libs love to post that chart to make it look as though the military dominates public expenditures. This is the real budget. It's obvious which part is unsustainable and "Political Suicide" to talk about:

That said, it is annoying when politicians on either side, who haven't gone to Church on their own accord for years, continually bring up God.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 07:46:14 AM »
Libs love to post that chart to make it look as though the military dominates public expenditures. This is the real budget. It's obvious which part is unsustainable and "Political Suicide" to talk about:

That said, it is annoying when politicians on either side, who haven't gone to Church on their own accord for years, continually bring up God.

ahh.. I remember.. you were the person arguing that NY was like Libya until Guillani cleaned it up but I digress

wouldn't a universal healthcare system reduce the cost thus making it sustainable?
I

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 07:57:32 AM »
Yeah, and you're the guy who couldn't man up and admit I had it right even though multiple posters showed conditions as I described.

That's okay. I don't expect honest debate from Liberals. I expect numerous excuses for failure.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 08:09:21 AM »

Yes, Trump did use God to end his RNC speech.  They all do.  Don't think their God is the same God you're thinking of. Their God is the God of Money, War and Power.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 09:17:10 AM »
Yeah, and you're the guy who couldn't man up and admit I had it right even though multiple posters showed conditions as I described.

That's okay. I don't expect honest debate from Liberals. I expect numerous excuses for failure.

If anything my value system leans towards being conservative but that doesn't mean that I have to drink the kool-aid and be dogmatic about it.

I am always open to better ideas

- pro gun control. We need a license and training to drive.. why not to own a gun.
- universal health care. Every metric says that it is cheaper for a country. Besides why would you want a large segment of the population to not have access to some sort of minimal health care
- pro-abortion and morning after pill
- smaller federal gov
- cut the federal budget
-

I

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 02:57:31 PM »
You'd think faith would be a very personal matter.  You'd think people would cringe to see a politician whipping it out and slapping it on the podium.  But I guess not.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 03:11:44 PM »
You'd think faith would be a very personal matter.  You'd think people would cringe to see a politician whipping it out and slapping it on the podium.  But I guess not.
Religion of any sort should never be in the political arena.  And more so, shouldn't be.
N

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 03:16:14 PM »
They really mean MONEY

"God Money bless you.  And God Money bless Merica."

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2016, 09:45:03 AM »
It's historic of course, but it still kinda boggles me why these people (others too, but especially these ones) refer to something which doesn't exist.
At least over here in Holland, a politician can be openly atheistic. USA got a long way to go.

Personally I would never vote for a religious politician, it means he/she got some believe in never ever proven and scientifically ridiculous stuff. I wouldn't trust that politician in other things as well, why should I ? 
Person is obviously crazy.

Any person with above imbecile-IQ should know by now that religion doesn't belomg in the 21st century.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2016, 01:56:48 AM »
Most politicians are conmen, so them praising the ultimate invisible con man high-in-the-sky only seems logical to me   :-)