Author Topic: Jurassic World teaser just released  (Read 12797 times)

Alucard

• Getbig IV
Re: Jurassic World teaser just released
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 12:25:39 PM »
Yep nothing beats practical effects. Look at Indiana Jones, great sets and real action then they went against the grain with the Crystal skull and it was shit.
I don't know why they don't use more miniatures or models and enlarge or insert them with graphics programs. Like with hulk, rather than cgi him, why not get a bodybuilder like Lee priest who has the short proportions and enlarge him to 15ft high.
Any stuff that's actually there looks better than any cgi, spot on with jaws.

x2

Alien-Aliens, T1 T2, 2001, blade runner, etc looks far better than anything made since.

It's pretty wild how good things back then could look.
Agreed with both... Nothing can beat man-made models and special effects from back in the days, they are infinitely better, being real they obviously look real and believable... As of now, CGI can't even come close...

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 12:40:32 PM »
I actually watched the original Alien movie on Saturday. It still looks great not only due to it's story/direction, but also because the effects still look impressive as real sets were built and used. The actors also behave more realistically since they are dealing with actual props rather then performing in front of a blue screen.
As said before, if CGI is used then it needs to be used in moderation - otherwise the movie just becomes a phoney looking mess. 

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 12:49:07 PM »
x2

Alien-Aliens, T1 T2, 2001, blade runner, etc looks far better than anything made since.

It's pretty wild how good things back then could look.

I think it boils down to the fact that people no longer wants to get their hands dirty. They'd rather sit in front of a screen and render pictures for 18h a day with a Dr Pepper in their hand rather than breaking nails and tearing skin as they build large scale sets by hand.
All those movies you mention were trail blazers, defining how action movies and special effects should be done.

As the older generations of movie scenery builders are retiring we will probably enter a duller era of cinema, where real life sets and animatronics gets fully replaced with shitty CGI.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2014, 12:53:21 PM »
I actually watched the original Alien movie on Saturday. It still looks great not only due to it's story/direction, but also because the effects still look impressive as real sets were built and used. The actors also behave more realistically since they are dealing with actual props rather then performing in front of a blue screen.
As said before, if CGI is used then it needs to be used in moderation - otherwise the movie just becomes a phoney looking mess. 

Yes.  Same goes for Jaws.   

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2014, 01:16:18 PM »
Yep nothing beats practical effects. Look at Indiana Jones, great sets and real action then they went against the grain with the Crystal skull and it was shit.
I don't know why they don't use more miniatures or models and enlarge or insert them with graphics programs. Like with hulk, rather than cgi him, why not get a bodybuilder like Lee priest who has the short proportions and enlarge him to 15ft high.
Any stuff that's actually there looks better than any cgi, spot on with jaws.

I believe that they did scan Lee Priest and another bodybuilder for the first Hulk film.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2014, 01:31:46 PM »
Animatronics is one of the reasons why the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park looked so real and believable. Such as in the T-Rex scene with the cars. It made the scene so scary and convincing because the dinosaur looked real, you could actually see the rain dripping off its skin.

However, these used both CGI and animatronics depending on the type of scene.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2014, 02:12:37 PM »
yea i recall that actually but they shouldn't scan a bodybuilder like priest but let him act it out and just enlarge like honey i shrunk or blew up the kids.

I believe that they did scan Lee Priest and another bodybuilder for the first Hulk film.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2014, 02:34:43 PM »
I do think that CGI is way overdone on most movies of this type.  However, I think that because of HD it's much tougher to get away with a lot of practical effects.  Certain things you could hide back in the day stand out like a sore thumb today.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2014, 10:31:57 AM »
FULL Trailer

looks like same old shit  :-\ 

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2014, 10:38:32 AM »
How can it possibly impress  ???

How can she slap?

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2014, 10:40:18 AM »
FULL Trailer

Can already tell that it is a shitty movie.  :-\

Worse yet, the CGI is worse than the original.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2014, 10:57:48 AM »
Is there any movie franchise with integrity left? Even new franchises like Hobbit also draw their stories out over too many movies in the name of the buck.

Hunger Games also, it could easily have been 1 movie and been a classic.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2014, 10:58:58 AM »
Mostly everything is in the name of the buck these days.

If you CAN milk a franchise, milk it!

Unless it's some artsy independent movie.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2014, 10:59:43 AM »
Is there any movie franchise with integrity left? Even new franchises like Hobbit also draw their stories out over too many movies in the name of the buck.

Hunger Games also, it could easily have been 1 movie and been a classic.

Are you saying KILL BILL 3  is going to be shit? since BILL was killed in the Movie and in Real life  ??? ???

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2014, 11:05:36 AM »
FULL Trailer

You have to be fucking kidding me!  This clown on a motorcycle with a group of friendly raptors will take down a modified T-Rex

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2014, 11:13:42 AM »
Considering it's the same old shit it looks ok, I wouldn't say cgi is worse, definitely not much of an improvement which makes you wonder how the fuck not with 22 years between the 2. Crazy how they produced such amazing cg rendering back then when Sega megadrives and super Nintendo's were the top home game systems graphic wise.

Can already tell that it is a shitty movie.  :-\

Worse yet, the CGI is worse than the original.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2014, 11:15:54 AM »
You have to be fucking kidding me!  This clown on a motorcycle with a group of friendly raptors will take down a modified T-Rex

I turned off mid way through the trailer, rewatched after you comment. Man what a shitjunk this movie will be. Turning the main antagonists to hunting dogs and the new bad guy is a wannabe Godzilla Super T-rex.

Oh brother.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2014, 11:18:04 AM »
Considering it's the same old shit it looks ok, I wouldn't say cgi is worse, definitely not much of an improvement which makes you wonder how the fuck not with 22 years between the 2. Crazy how they produced such amazing cg rendering back then when Sega megadrives and super Nintendo's were the top home game systems graphic wise.

This is 20+ years older yet still looks better.  :-\

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2014, 11:23:39 AM »

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2014, 11:29:59 AM »
In the end, you have to shake your head and think you've just seen a VERY expensive cartoon... ;)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2014, 11:32:42 AM »
I turned off mid way through the trailer, rewatched after you comment. Man what a shitjunk this movie will be. Turning the main antagonists to hunting dogs and the new bad guy is a wannabe Godzilla Super T-rex.

Oh brother.

I can guarantee it will have more cheese in it than T4. Here is the best scene of the movie and I'm betting T4's mechanical T-Rex is better  ::):

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2014, 11:44:08 AM »
You know, there is a reason why dinosaurs are extinct, and never will and never should come back. And all these movies tend to echo that.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2014, 11:48:12 AM »
In this movie, will we see Vince Basile riding a t-rex in a Gold's gym tank-top while shouting "WATCH OUT FLOTSAM!!" ?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2014, 11:56:08 AM »
In this movie, will we see Vince Basile riding a t-rex in a Gold's gym tank-top while shouting "WATCH OUT FLOTSAM!!" ?
Unfortunately, Vince Basile's theory of hypertrophy and machines will never work on a T-Rex's genetically small arms.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2014, 12:27:54 PM »