Author Topic: Safe rooms and passages  (Read 5607 times)

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Safe rooms and passages
« on: June 12, 2016, 06:30:23 PM »
Had to post this because this weekend I was blown away by what I saw. My son got invited to a b-day party by some rich kid. We drive up to the street and you can't see anything but trees and big gates. Anyhow, we enter the property and it takes us a full minute just to drive to the house itself: They're fucking loaded. Now, what really blew my mind was the safe room and passage that this guy had built... Gave us a tour of it and everything (no pictures though).

This guy had his house rigged with Russian military-grade alarm systems whereby, if you were to enter his house unannounced, you would be quickly isolated by steel doors in a stair case or a room. And if you were lucky to make it to the second floor, these folks had a safe room and tunnel built so that by the time you got to the third floor, they'd be well on their way to the police department.

Fucking awesomest shit I've ever seen.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Safe rooms and passages
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 06:34:14 PM »
And thus the predator becomes the prey.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 06:37:21 PM »
It was something like this:

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 06:47:30 PM »
And thus the predator becomes the prey.

The guy told us that some years ago, two lunatics entered some rich guys' house, raped the wife, twos daughters and shot the father before setting everything ablaze with everyone in it.

Supposedly that threw all the rich guys in the area into a frenzy and they all went out and hired an ex-submarine engineer from the Soviet Army.

Russian dude told him: "if someone makes it to the third floor, don't call the police, call me."  ;D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 03:16:03 AM »
The guy told us that some years ago, two lunatics entered some rich guys' house, raped the wife, twos daughters and shot the father before setting everything ablaze with everyone in it.

Supposedly that threw all the rich guys in the area into a frenzy and they all went out and hired an ex-submarine engineer from the Soviet Army.

Russian dude told him: "if someone makes it to the third floor, don't call the police, call me."  ;D

My only regret is the homeowners can't take justice into their own hands once they have the animals trapped rather than handing them over to the police.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 03:24:06 AM »
Had to post this because this weekend I was blown away by what I saw. My son got invited to a b-day party by some rich kid. We drive up to the street and you can't see anything but trees and big gates. Anyhow, we enter the property and it takes us a full minute just to drive to the house itself: They're fucking loaded. Now, what really blew my mind was the safe room and passage that this guy had built... Gave us a tour of it and everything (no pictures though).

This guy had his house rigged with Russian military-grade alarm systems whereby, if you were to enter his house unannounced, you would be quickly isolated by steel doors in a stair case or a room. And if you were lucky to make it to the second floor, these folks had a safe room and tunnel built so that by the time you got to the third floor, they'd be well on their way to the police department.

If I had a setup like that, there would be no way in hell I would show it off to strangers.

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 03:39:08 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 05:05:58 AM »
If I had a setup like that, there would be no way in hell I would show it off to strangers.

that was my #1 thought.  I *guess* they're letting the world know never to screw with them.   But yeah...wow...

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 05:23:23 AM »

That fellow is more interested in showing off than he is fearful of an actual attack. ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 05:24:43 AM »

ex submarine engineer from the Russian Army...correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that their subs are holding up that well.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 05:50:15 AM »
how many blacks were allowed at the party?
A

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 05:53:13 AM »
Yup....
Mr. AZ 2003

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 06:00:17 AM »
Basile would break in just so he could get caged

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 06:32:30 AM »
I have similar ideas involving motion sensing and metal detection (to differentiate from wildlife) to warn of and locate trespassers on rural property, as well as measures - both automated when enabled and manual - which range from the pesky to the multi-lethal.  These will assist me in the defense of my lair while I skulk around with night vision, disabling their vehicles, and biding my time.  There will be no escape for you, my pretties.

Then I catch myself working out the particulars of one of these designs and question if burying a marauding biker gang with a backhoe in the dead of night is ever really going to become an issue for me.  And I should probably talk to a trick cyclist before buying a rural property because there's charmingly eccentric and then there's backwoods, bumpkin, batshit crazy.  Were they that way to begin with?  Or was he too far out there for too long?  Time will tell.

Srsly tho, motion/weight sensor activated falling steel partitions are nice, I guess. If you're into that kind of thing.  I'm more of a trap door/ pit guy, myself.  Even the police could arrive and see nothing amiss.  You're gonna explain away some gigantic steel plate on your stairway with a howling intruder behind it to an inquisitive detective?  I think not.  Being able to do your own excavation and having a pre-build blank slate opens up all sorts of possibilities.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 07:38:08 AM »
some fellas have too much money they don't know where to put it. If somebody wants to get you they will get you.  The other factor is these things spread through certain neighborhoods because they have bbq parties and try to out do each other with their home improvements. Best place to be is sending the invoice for these projects.
"

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2016, 08:38:04 AM »

Exactamundo.

I would totally do stuff like this if I had money throw away.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 05:58:20 AM »
Exactamundo.

I would totally do stuff like this if I had money throw away.
Yep. Show a complete stranger the layout. I wonder if he showed him where the safe was as well? Or where his guns are kept?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 07:34:42 AM »
I have similar ideas involving motion sensing and metal detection (to differentiate from wildlife) to warn of and locate trespassers on rural property, as well as measures - both automated when enabled and manual - which range from the pesky to the multi-lethal.  These will assist me in the defense of my lair while I skulk around with night vision, disabling their vehicles, and biding my time.  There will be no escape for you, my pretties.

Then I catch myself working out the particulars of one of these designs and question if burying a marauding biker gang with a backhoe in the dead of night is ever really going to become an issue for me.  And I should probably talk to a trick cyclist before buying a rural property because there's charmingly eccentric and then there's backwoods, bumpkin, batshit crazy.  Were they that way to begin with?  Or was he too far out there for too long?  Time will tell.

Srsly tho, motion/weight sensor activated falling steel partitions are nice, I guess. If you're into that kind of thing.  I'm more of a trap door/ pit guy, myself.  Even the police could arrive and see nothing amiss.  You're gonna explain away some gigantic steel plate on your stairway with a howling intruder behind it to an inquisitive detective?  I think not.  Being able to do your own excavation and having a pre-build blank slate opens up all sorts of possibilities.

one of your more coherent posts  ;)

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 11:44:50 AM »
An AR-15 should be enough.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2016, 02:37:05 PM »
An AR-15 should be enough.

If you know how to use it.  I heard a great quote once I can't remember who said it.  It goes something like this...

"Owning a gun doesn't make you a gunfighter anymore than owning a guitar makes you a musician".

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 02:50:33 PM »
shit, if I had the extra money, I would make the most epic man cave fallout shelter.  ;D
A

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2016, 05:07:30 PM »

Were there any Hebrews at that party that joined the guided tour?
Q

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2016, 08:08:01 PM »
My only regret is the homeowners can't take justice into their own hands once they have the animals trapped rather than handing them over to the police.

Really why not? I'm guessing anyone who is planning on robbing someone isn't leaving a note to their loved one about where they are going. Perfect opportunity to kill the fucker and have plenty of time to decide what to do with him.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2016, 09:34:05 PM »
Really why not? I'm guessing anyone who is planning on robbing someone isn't leaving a note to their loved one about where they are going. Perfect opportunity to kill the fucker and have plenty of time to decide what to do with him.

nah, technology is scary good these days.   The dickhead will no doubt be wearing an iphone, and Location Services will lead them right to discovering it went to that location and sat there for 8 hours while the homeowner had his justice.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2016, 09:58:09 PM »
nah, technology is scary good these days.   The dickhead will no doubt be wearing an iphone, and Location Services will lead them right to discovering it went to that location and sat there for 8 hours while the homeowner had his justice.

Yep that's why u grab the Phone and toss it on the back of a semi at a truck stop.