Author Topic: For all those American sports car fans, I give you the Corvette Carbon Edition  (Read 2617 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
I was at the Indy last weekend and got to see the ZR1 and the GT2 car up close. I've been more impressed with how GM has pushed for improvements with the Vette, aside from the interior. The ZR1 is impressive if 'unrefined' but with the Carbon (at $90k) this should give them another platform that essentially gets rid of any Callaway involvement. Saleen's even getting more tight with GM these days.

BTW the Corvette reps there said the plans for the C7 aren't even finalized, don't believe the pics out there yet. Yes it'll 'likely' be split window and yes it would have been here sooner except for the  GM bailout but everything else is up in the air...

Thanks for the info, and letting me know I misspelled "Callaway". I mean, they were a big partner of GMs, but as far as Corvetter tuners, Ligenfelter and Hennessey have moved more to he forefront, whereas Callaway has been quiet, with ugly kits for the C6.

And I am excited to hear about the C7, hopefully they do something about the interior and the glue smell. It's a shame that a Honda accord has a better interior. It's waht really sets Ferrari, Porsch and others from the Vette. They are great outside and inside, Corvette, only from the outside.