Author Topic: CHAZZ WEAVER:50 years old: ALL MCDONALDS!  (Read 36814 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: CHAZZ WEAVER:50 years old: ALL MCDONALDS!
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2008, 06:06:31 AM »
Bump.
Well TA?
It is too cold to go outside right now and take pictures with my shirt off. Sorry.  I don`t see how these pictures aren`t viable enough for you though as they are well lit.  ???

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2008, 06:19:37 AM »
A calorie is a calorie in all sense.

1 Calorie=1 Calorie of any substance.

When it comes to food, you should not overeat even when trying to gain muscle.

In any normal diet, you will be adequately fueled nutrient wise to build muscle or lose fat.

please explain how one puts on bodyweight of they are not overeating  ???
175lbs by 31st July

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2008, 09:32:50 AM »
please explain how one puts on bodyweight of they are not overeating  ???
I seriously doubt the Jews in Auschwitz and Buchenwald were putting on weight.  >:(

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: November 21, 2008, 09:36:27 AM »
I seriously doubt the Jews in Auschwitz and Buchenwald were putting on weight.  >:(

hahahahahahaha are you serious  ???

what the fuck does that have to do with my question ???

you claimed to put on muscle mass you should not overeat, i am asking you to explain this outlandish claim.
175lbs by 31st July

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: November 21, 2008, 09:50:13 AM »
hahahahahahaha are you serious  ???

what the fuck does that have to do with my question ???

you claimed to put on muscle mass you should not overeat, i am asking you to explain this outlandish claim.
I will start with a few articles on some recent experiments:

Calorie restriction shown to boost longevity and slow loss of muscle mass in animal experiment

Monday, July 10, 2006 by:

A study recently published in the Journal of Gerontology: Biological Sciences suggests that eating less may help people stay strong even in old age.
Scientists from the University of Calgary found that rats fed a nutritious, calorie-restricted diet maintained their muscle mass much better than rats that ate a normal amount of food. "It's the equivalent of an 80-year-old rat with the muscles of a 20-year-old rat," said Russ Hepple, a physiologist at the University of Calgary.

Although it is well-documented that a low calorie diet increases life expectancy, this is the first study showing a connection between diet and strength. In Hepple's experiment, rats that consumed a low calorie diet lost only 20 percent of their muscle mass as they aged, with no loss of muscle function. Rats fed a normal diet lost 50 percent of their strength and 50 percent of their muscle function as they aged.

Researchers are still trying to understand how a low calorie diet preserves muscles. Experiments performed so far seem to show that cutting calories helps the mitochondria function better, which improves the rats ability to rebuild and replace cells as they age. Hepple's next study will focus on antioxidants, exercise and gene therapy to see how these areas affect muscle maintenance.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: November 21, 2008, 09:57:57 AM »
Moderate caloric restriction increases type 1 IGF receptors and protein synthesis in aging rats.

D'Costa AP, Lenham JE, Ingram RL, Sonntag WE.

Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC 27157-1083.

Insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) is an anabolic hormone that mediates the actions of growth hormone (GH) and is found at lower concentrations in aged animals. These decreases in GH and IGF-1 appear to have important physiological consequences for aging, since protein synthesis decreases with age, and administration of GH and/or IGF-1 has been shown to increase protein synthesis. The present study was designed to determine (a) the relationship between the age-related changes in rates of tissue protein synthesis and plasma IGF-1 concentrations, (b) type 1 IGF receptor density in tissues and (c) whether long-term moderate caloric restriction, which is known to increase life-span, affects these relationships. Male Brown Norway rats were fed ad libitum or caloric-restricted (60% ad libitum) from 14 weeks of age and sacrificed at different ages. In ad libitum fed animals there were age-related decreases in plasma IGF-1 concentrations (14%) and in the rates of protein synthesis of the heart (36%) and liver (38%). Type 1 IGF receptor density remained constant in all tissues with age. The caloric-restricted animals exhibited plasma IGF-1 concentrations 33 to 42% lower than the ad libitum fed animals. However, rates of protein synthesis increased by 70 and 30% in heart and diaphragm, and this increase was associated with 60 to 100% increases in type 1 IGF receptor densities when compared with ad libitum fed animals.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)

Publication Types:
Research Support, U.S. Gov't, P.H.S.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #156 on: November 21, 2008, 09:59:59 AM »
That's with rats, which fits perfect for you, TA.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: November 21, 2008, 10:01:02 AM »
I will start with a few articles on some recent experiments:

Calorie restriction shown to boost longevity and slow loss of muscle mass in animal experiment

Monday, July 10, 2006 by:

A study recently published in the Journal of Gerontology: Biological Sciences suggests that eating less may help people stay strong even in old age.
Scientists from the University of Calgary found that rats fed a nutritious, calorie-restricted diet maintained their muscle mass much better than rats that ate a normal amount of food. "It's the equivalent of an 80-year-old rat with the muscles of a 20-year-old rat," said Russ Hepple, a physiologist at the University of Calgary.

Although it is well-documented that a low calorie diet increases life expectancy, this is the first study showing a connection between diet and strength. In Hepple's experiment, rats that consumed a low calorie diet lost only 20 percent of their muscle mass as they aged, with no loss of muscle function. Rats fed a normal diet lost 50 percent of their strength and 50 percent of their muscle function as they aged.

Researchers are still trying to understand how a low calorie diet preserves muscles. Experiments performed so far seem to show that cutting calories helps the mitochondria function better, which improves the rats ability to rebuild and replace cells as they age. Hepple's next study will focus on antioxidants, exercise and gene therapy to see how these areas affect muscle maintenance.

perhaps you are confused.

ONCE AGAIN: you claimed When it comes to food, you should not overeat even when trying to gain muscle.  

how does studies involving rats - that lose muscle, back your claim  ???
175lbs by 31st July

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #158 on: November 21, 2008, 10:01:56 AM »
all this stuff varies from person to person, i cannot eat a 'normal' diet and still build muscle.

a tiny amount, maybe, but hardly noticable. i have the kind of metabolism where i have to eat tons of calories, especially right before bed, just to not lose weight. the only way i gain noticable muscle is by eating a shitload of pasta or potatoes everyday along with lots of protein.

this 'a calorie is a calorie' stuff is bullshit at least for 99% of all humans.
if what your saying is true then your saying one could build as much lean muscle eating 2500 calories a day of nothing but cupcakes as they would from 2500 calories worth of steak and potatoes, hahahaha no way.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: November 21, 2008, 10:02:17 AM »
That's with rats, which fits perfect for you, TA.

Human studies and CR are just now being put into place.  Rats are the closest thing in some aspects, but I do agree that there needs to be more human studies in this area.  That does not render other mammalian tests as meaningless however. The problem is that human studies regarding nutrition never work on a large scale as humans do not adhere to control very well and mess the whole thing up when they stray which ALWAYS happens no matter what research is being conducted in the long term.

I will post a lot of human studies as well.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: November 21, 2008, 10:03:04 AM »
all this stuff varies from person to person, i cannot eat a 'normal' diet and still build muscle.

a tiny amount, maybe, but hardly noticable. i have the kind of metabolism where i have to eat tons of calories, especially right before bed, just to not lose weight. the only way i gain noticable muscle is by eating a shitload of pasta or potatoes everyday along with lots of protein.

this 'a calorie is a calorie' stuff is bullshit at least for 99% of all humans.
if what your saying is true then your saying one could build as much lean muscle eating 2500 calories a day of nothing but cupcakes as they would from 2500 calories worth of steak and potatoes, hahahaha no way.
I have never said that.

You have to have .5 to 1 gram of protein from any source.

FYI- 1 calorie of paper clips=1 calorie of shampoo=1 calorie of jet fuel=1 calorie of fat=1 calorie of carbohydrate

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #161 on: November 21, 2008, 11:20:35 AM »
I have never said that.

You have to have .5 to 1 gram of protein from any source.

FYI- 1 calorie of paper clips=1 calorie of shampoo=1 calorie of jet fuel=1 calorie of fat=1 calorie of carbohydrate

Weird 60 grams was more than enough a couple of months ago.

jakew300

• Getbig II
« Reply #162 on: November 21, 2008, 11:33:43 AM »
TA, have you ever heard of the Thermal effect of food?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #163 on: November 21, 2008, 11:34:13 AM »
ratss!! :o
A

chester_bbb

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • #1 Shawn Ray fan!
« Reply #164 on: November 21, 2008, 11:55:00 AM »
Timberwolf is only 5`10 and 160-170.  :-\ And I am 5`11 and in that range.  :-\

You should eat like a bodybuilder and gain some muscle.

chester_bbb

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • #1 Shawn Ray fan!
« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2008, 11:58:23 AM »
that would explain a few things.

Thought it was lead paint chips.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2008, 12:10:26 PM »
You should eat like a bodybuilder and gain some muscle.

Does this guy have an ounce of introspection?  He must see something the rest of us don't.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2008, 12:30:29 PM »
TA, have you ever heard of the Thermal effect of food?
Yah it is very minimal.

WHY THE THERMIC EFFECT OF FOOD IS MEANINGLESS!!!!!!!!! for the 98435890435834 time.

Protein has a Thermic effect of about 15% wheras carbohydrates are around 10% as studies indicate.

What this represents is the calories burned through digestion.  There is not a significant variance to even matter.

Lets say one takes in 300 grams of carbs or 1200 calories.  10 percent burned is going to be 120 calories.

Now lets compare 300 grams of protein or 1200 calories.  180 calories are going to be burned in digestion.

The variance of 60 calories means nothing.  Typing on the computer for an hour also burns 60-120 calories.

Hope this helps you guys.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2008, 12:34:49 PM »
Weird 60 grams was more than enough a couple of months ago.
I never said that. You must be conflating me with someone else.

Reminds of when some low-information citizens automatically thought after 9/11 that all muslims must be terrorists. Or when they even decided to lump any brown-skinned person in that group as a terrorist.

I think you get my point.

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2008, 12:51:10 PM »
I never said that. You must be conflating me with someone else.

Reminds of when some low-information citizens automatically thought after 9/11 that all muslims must be terrorists. Or when they even decided to lump any brown-skinned person in that group as a terrorist.

I think you get my point.

You're right. It was half that.

You did the math wrong.

According to that I need about 30 grams of protein.

That is about how much I get.

You are good in proving me correct.

Reminds me of someone talking shit ALL the time. I think you get my point.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #170 on: November 21, 2008, 03:45:07 PM »
It is too cold to go outside right now and take pictures with my shirt off. Sorry.  I don`t see how these pictures aren`t viable enough for you though as they are well lit.  ???
What? These pictrues are taken inside.  Why do you have to go outside.  Are you afraid and getting swept away by the wind

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #171 on: November 21, 2008, 03:47:39 PM »

Either are you.  You could easily be casted in the upcoming Auschwitz movie. (sorry not to offend anyone on this)