Author Topic: Republican Debate - 08-06-15  (Read 9939 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Republican Debate - 08-06-15
« on: August 06, 2015, 06:14:33 PM »
The dem plant Trump just murdered the question on women/political correctness and put Megyn Kelly into a state of shock.  
He's built for television.   Hosts came at him twice with tough Qs.  First one was okay, second one got plenty of cheers.

Cruz looks solid.  Jeb looks doughy but had a great line with "Veto Corleone".

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: REPUB DEBATE
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 06:36:26 PM »
The dem plant Trump just murdered the question on women/political correctness and put Megyn Kelly into a state of shock. 
He's built for television.   Hosts came at him twice with tough Qs.  First one was okay, second one got plenty of cheers.

Cruz looks solid.  Jeb looks doughy but had a great line with "Veto Corleone".

Agreed...Trump was good with the first question but appeared kinda flustered after that...also insulting your debate questioner is not a good idea......Kasich and rubio look good...Jeb as well..he looked presidential

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 06:40:09 PM »
Nice exchange by Rand and Christie

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 06:52:23 PM »
Krispy Kreme getting festive.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 06:58:14 PM »
After watching the GOP clowns, you can't help but to feel better about yourself compared to them.

Psychologists Urge People With Low Self-Esteem to Watch G.O.P. Debate

MINNESOTA (The Borowitz Report)—Psychologists at the University of Minnesota have issued a research study recommending that people suffering from low self-esteem watch Thursday night’s nationally televised Republican debate.

The recommendation came after the psychologists spent weeks showing research subjects video clips of the debate’s potential participants and observed striking improvements in the subjects’ overall morale and sense of worth.

“We interviewed the volunteers before we exposed them to the Republican candidates and afterward,” said psychologist Davis Logsdon. “The spike in their self-esteem was off the charts.”

Of the candidates who most improved the research subjects’ sense of self, Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, Texas Senator Ted Cruz, and former Florida Governor Jeb Bush were found to be consistently helpful, but the most marked increase in self-esteem levels came after the subjects were exposed to Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker.

According to the data, people who viewed Walker for approximately three minutes reported feeling better “right away” about their intelligence, knowledge, and prospects for obtaining high-status employment that they had previously considered well beyond their reach.

“After watching Governor Walker, a substantial number of the subjects literally could not remember why they had ever felt bad about themselves,” Logsdon said.

In addition to recommending that low self-esteem-sufferers watch the debate, Logsdon is advising them to D.V.R. the entire two hours. “You never know when you might need it again,” he said.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 07:20:15 PM »
After watching the GOP clowns, you can't help but to feel better about yourself compared to them.

Psychologists Urge People With Low Self-Esteem to Watch G.O.P. Debate

MINNESOTA (The Borowitz Report)—Psychologists at the University of Minnesota have issued a research study recommending that people suffering from low self-esteem watch Thursday night’s nationally televised Republican debate.

The recommendation came after the psychologists spent weeks showing research subjects video clips of the debate’s potential participants and observed striking improvements in the subjects’ overall morale and sense of worth.

“We interviewed the volunteers before we exposed them to the Republican candidates and afterward,” said psychologist Davis Logsdon. “The spike in their self-esteem was off the charts.”

Of the candidates who most improved the research subjects’ sense of self, Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, Texas Senator Ted Cruz, and former Florida Governor Jeb Bush were found to be consistently helpful, but the most marked increase in self-esteem levels came after the subjects were exposed to Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker.

According to the data, people who viewed Walker for approximately three minutes reported feeling better “right away” about their intelligence, knowledge, and prospects for obtaining high-status employment that they had previously considered well beyond their reach.

“After watching Governor Walker, a substantial number of the subjects literally could not remember why they had ever felt bad about themselves,” Logsdon said.

In addition to recommending that low self-esteem-sufferers watch the debate, Logsdon is advising them to D.V.R. the entire two hours. “You never know when you might need it again,” he said.

Hey Repubs

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Republican Debate - 08-06-15
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 07:25:17 PM »

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 07:52:51 PM »

Oh boy... 

However, this is pretty entertaining

http://www.foxnews.com/live-coverage/fox-news-republican-presidential-primary-debate

Hey Ron...who are you going for in the debates???....and when are you going to make me a mod? :D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 07:56:58 PM »
Ben Carson looks better than I thought he would

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 08:23:48 PM »
Rubio was solid.

Rand, Christie looked like shit, both of them.

Trump's an idiot, and he looked really solid out there.  Jeb, once again, did as little as possible.  Does he even want this job?

Cruz looked comfy but they ignored him. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 08:43:09 PM »
He's built for television.   Hosts came at him twice with tough Qs.  First one was okay, second one got plenty of cheers.

Cruz looks solid.  Jeb looks doughy but had a great line with "Veto Corleone".

Not a Jeb fan at all but yeah that line was pretty good.

Overall I would say Cruz performed the best and Rubio surprised me a bit. I didn't think he would do as well as he did.

Kudos to Trump for hanging in there like he did. They were after him from the get go.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 08:59:33 PM »
Kudos to Trump for hanging in there like he did. They were after him from the get go.

If Chris Mathews asked Trump these EXACT same questions, we would be hearing all about how the 'lamestream media tries to use GOTCHA questions about the silliest things in order to embarrass a candidate".

I mean, trump made a comment ON A TV SHOW and Megyn Kelly STARTED the night by hitting him with it?  If that's not a gotcha question, I don't know what is.  The nation is in a debt crisis, immagration amuck, and our leaders are morally bankrupt liars - and Kelly decides the #1 item on the agenda is to TURN OFF WOMEN, ON TRUMP with a quote from a show that started 15 years ago.

LOL... I can't wait to hear the Megyn Kelly kneepadders try to defend this.  I can tell you - if Rachel Maddow asks this question, everyone is saying the media is biased and out to get Trump.  

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 09:07:07 PM »
If Chris Mathews asked Trump these EXACT same questions, we would be hearing all about how the 'lamestream media tries to use GOTCHA questions about the silliest things in order to embarrass a candidate".

I mean, trump made a comment ON A TV SHOW and Megyn Kelly STARTED the night by hitting him with it?  If that's not a gotcha question, I don't know what is.  The nation is in a debt crisis, immagration amuck, and our leaders are morally bankrupt liars - and Kelly decides the #1 item on the agenda is to TURN OFF WOMEN, ON TRUMP with a quote from a show that started 15 years ago.

LOL... I can't wait to hear the Megyn Kelly kneepadders try to defend this.  I can tell you - if Rachel Maddow asks this question, everyone is saying the media is biased and out to get Trump.  

Wait to hear?

I immediately heard all the Cleveland White Knights in the crowd jump to her side as soon as Trump began to respond.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 09:13:12 PM »
Wait to hear?

I immediately heard all the Cleveland White Knights in the crowd jump to her side as soon as Trump began to respond.

hahaha ah yes, the white knights lol.

Chris Mathews is praising FOX hosts for attacking trump continuously LOL LOL LOL at 12:10 AM, mathews gave him props.

Then, Mathews immedaitely goes to John Kasich, talking about how great he is. 

Tonight was a series of attacks on trump by FOX news (and this coming from a guy calling trump a dem plant).
They asked him "when exactly did you decide to stop being a democrat" LOL - trashing him.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 09:25:43 PM »
hahaha ah yes, the white knights lol.

Chris Mathews is praising FOX hosts for attacking trump continuously LOL LOL LOL at 12:10 AM, mathews gave him props.

Then, Mathews immedaitely goes to John Kasich, talking about how great he is. 

Tonight was a series of attacks on trump by FOX news (and this coming from a guy calling trump a dem plant).
They asked him "when exactly did you decide to stop being a democrat" LOL - trashing him.

Megyn had probably been rehearsing that stupid question in the mirror all day long to get it just right.

Shit like that is why we have all these conspiracy theories about the candidates being nothing more than puppets who are ultimately hand picked. They want Trump out of there.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 10:03:44 PM »

Megyn had probably been rehearsing that stupid question in the mirror all day long to get it just right.

Shit like that is why we have all these conspiracy theories about the candidates being nothing more than puppets who are ultimately hand picked. They want Trump out of there.

both sides likes trump at first.  msnbc talked about him 24/7.  Fox talked about him 28/7 lol.  nonstop.  Continually.

Then, he moved up in polls and got serious, stopped becoming a punchline and started having BETTER answers on things.

I was the FIRST one to bump 15 threads showing I think trump is a disingenous, anti-gun troll, bent on making repubs look bad, and my posts back to 2011 show I truly believe he's a troll, a plant, etc. 

But I think at this point, both sides are scared of him.   I'll say it again - he can win this nomination - and then Trump will either win, or lose, 40 states.   None of that close race shit. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2015, 10:13:19 PM »
Republican front-runner Donald Trump believes he won Thursday’s inaugural Republican presidential debate, but he’s still bristling over the tenor of the questions asked of him by Fox News.

“The questions to me were not nice,” Trump told a crowded mass of reporters in “spin alley” after the debate. “I didn’t think they were appropriate.”

From the outset, the real estate mogul was pressed on his commitment to the Republican Party, controversial statements about women and immigrants, his business record and shifting positions on issues, resulting in some tense moments on stage.

Trump reserved his harshest criticism for Fox News host Megyn Kelly, who pressed him on a history of critical and insulting remarks about women, complaining, “I think Megyn behaved very nasty to me.”

“I thought it was an unfair question,” he said. “They didn’t ask those questions of anybody else. So I thought it was an unfair question.”

Trump said he would not call Fox News boss Roger Ailes to complain about his treatment, however.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2015, 10:17:03 PM »

1. Opened with hit #1, who will not pledge to support the nominee? They KNEW only Trump would raise hand.

2. Trump calling Rosie names on twitter and are you a misogynist?

3. Even when in Trump's sweet spot of immigration: PROVE Mexican govt is sending their criminals.

And this was all in the first 20 minutes. 

From FreeRepublic

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2015, 05:48:56 AM »
Ms. Kelly looked like a cheap street walker/hooker with those stupidly long fake eyelashes.
w

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2015, 06:03:48 AM »
1. Opened with hit #1, who will not pledge to support the nominee? They KNEW only Trump would raise hand.

2. Trump calling Rosie names on twitter and are you a misogynist?

3. Even when in Trump's sweet spot of immigration: PROVE Mexican govt is sending their criminals.

And this was all in the first 20 minutes. 

From FreeRepublic

I have to give respect for not taking that pledge to run third party in front of the entire arena. That was a ballsy move.

I still have a feeling he is only going to pull that card if Bush ends up getting the nod and Trump will then stick it to him. Can't see him using the same tactic and running third party against a Cruz, Carson or Fiorina type.

Their message aside, I thought Trump and Christie showed the most grit on stage.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2015, 06:12:47 AM »
Trump Wins Drudge Report Debate Poll

Billionaire Donald Trump is the winner of the Drudge Report Poll taken following the first Republican presidential debate.

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz came in second place in the online poll of more than 190,000 Drudge Report visitors, which was taken directly following the debate on Thursday night. The poll only included the candidates who participated in the Fox News debate with the top 10 candidates.
Special: Hackers Release Top Secret Money-Making Software to Public
Here is a breakdown of the poll results:

Donald Trump: 38 percent
Ted Cruz: 15.5 percent
Neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson: 10.2 percent
Florida Sen. Marco Rubio: 9.7 percent
Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul: 9.3 percent
Ohio Gov. John Kasich: 4.9 percent
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker: 4.5 percent
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee: 3.5 percent
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush: 2.5 percent
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie: 1.4 percent

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2015, 06:21:23 AM »
Trump wins with the people.  Of course, politico gives the win to jeb lol.

it was nuts how many people suspended fact/reality without being called on it.  The trump effect.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2015, 06:25:37 AM »
Trump wins with the people.  Of course, politico gives the win to jeb lol.

it was nuts how many people suspended fact/reality without being called on it.  The trump effect.

What a joke. Bush got a C grade at best.

I'm calling it right now. If Bush wins the nomination, Trump goes 3rd party and Hillary wins.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2015, 06:26:21 AM »
Best question from the second tier kiddie table debate, asked to Bobby Jindull in regards to his laughable approval ratings.

"If the people of Louisiana are not satisfied, what makes you think the rest of the people of this would be?"

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2015, 06:28:18 AM »
What a joke. Bush got a C grade at best.

I'm calling it right now. If Bush wins the nomination, Trump goes 3rd party and Hillary wins.

Bush wasn't that bad.  I actually think he is sticking to a great plan.   Keep quiet as long as possible while the other candidates crash and burn themselves.  After his past instances of having "misspoke" have burned him, he shouldn't be running off at the mouth too much.