Author Topic: All things "Birther" Thread  (Read 331229 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: All things "Birther" Thread
« Reply #575 on: April 08, 2011, 09:28:49 AM »
I read it was caught on camera right off the seor something. I'm trying to find it.  To be honest this was the first I ever heard of this.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #576 on: April 08, 2011, 09:33:01 AM »
I read it was caught on camera right off the seor something. I'm trying to find it.  To be honest this was the first I ever heard of this.

I'm am surprised about that considering all the research you been doing.  But if no actual clip can be shown its nothing but hearsay at the moment.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #577 on: April 08, 2011, 09:39:53 AM »
From what I understand is that the debate was edited and that part was taken out.  It became an issue when 2 witnesses came forward and said it happened.

The debate wasn't shown live?  Usually whenever I see a senate or gubernatorial debate on my TV, it is shown live.  

Smells weird they'd pull out such a memorable line, that nobody would have reported on it, and that nobody can find a copy of it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #578 on: April 08, 2011, 09:41:43 AM »
We should find out who the witnesses were. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #579 on: April 08, 2011, 09:47:58 AM »
http://www.thepostemail.com/2009/10/15/obama-concedes-hes-not-a-nbc-in-obama-vs-keyes-2004-debate/

Obama concedes he's not a NBC, in Obama vs. Keyes 2004 Debate

WITNESS COMES FORWARD, HISTORY OF INTERNET “RUMOUR” DOCUMENTED UPDATE: Oct. 21, 2009 — Second Witness Comes forward, gives testimony to The Post & Email by John Charlton (October 15, 2009) — It was a moment little noticed and soon forgotten; the import of it was not at that time understood; but the evidence that it [...]

WITNESS COMES FORWARD, HISTORY OF INTERNET “RUMOUR” DOCUMENTED

UPDATE: Oct. 21, 2009 — Second Witness Comes forward, gives testimony to The Post & Email

by John Charlton

(October 15, 2009) — It was a moment little noticed and soon forgotten; the import of it was not at that time understood; but the evidence that it did in fact occur is compelling. It occurred during the Obama vs. Alan Keyes debate shoot, when the actual video tape was being recorded by ABC’s Chicago Affiliate in the Fall of 2004.  It was never aired in Chicago, because the affiliate only aired the final cut; the raw footage was, as far as The Post & Email knows, aired only twice by C-Span in April and May of 2005.

The content of the short exchange has become legendary.  In a quick jab Keyes asserted definitively that Obama was not a natural born citizen, and Obama, manifestly caught off guard, conceded the fact.

This article will first, document the evidence still on the net regarding those individuals who claim to have witnessed the C-Span rebroadcast, and then will publish an email from one such witness, who is willing to swear an affidavit to the effect.  Other witnesses, who wish to contact The Post & Email can do so, so that their testimony on these facts can be published also.
The Internet “Rumor” which turned out to be the truth

On Nov.17.2008 @ 3:11 pm, at Attorney Leo Donofrio’s Blogtext blog, entitled “Natural Born Citizen”, it was first mentioned that:

Also, Somebody from Chicago just contacted her and stated that during the Senatorial campaign there was a debate between Barack Obama and Dr. Keyes. This debate was videotaped. During the debate Dr. Keyes has stated :”You are not even a Natural born citizen” to which Barack Obama replied: “That’s OK, I am not running for president, I am only running for Senate.”

This same commenter posted again at Chicagoans Against Obama blog at 7:40 PM the same day.

On Nov. 25, 2008, at 6:42 PM, it is mentioned again at Stormfront:

In search of — Debate during the Senatorial Campaign between Dr. Keyes and Obama in which was stated : “You are not even a Natural born citizen” to which Obama replied:” That’s o’k, I am not running for President, I am only running for Senate” – If anyone knows where this tape is located, please e-mail thepowerhour@thepowerhour.com THANKS.

A thread on this was opened at Free Republic on Dec. 2, 6:12 PM:

// I was looking for a video that I ran across recently from the 2004 Keyes/Obama Senate race debates where Keyes stated :”You are not even a Natural born citizen” to which Barack Obama replied: “That’s OK, I am not running for president, I am only running for Senate.”

News of this exchange has since spread across the internet and been reported throughout the last year.
A Witness Steps Forward

Here is where the “rumor” is dispelled, and where the facts become real.

First the facts surrounding the case.  This interested citizen began reading and researching about Obama the day after Obama’s 2008 Election win.  He soon began reading the blog of Attorney Leo Donofrio, participating at the web-form which is now known as RestoreTheConstitutional Republic.org, and listening in to Plains Radio, which was an internet radio program out of Texas.

This citizen read reports of others who had seen this exchange. And then remembered that he himself had seen it.  This witness has now contacted The Post & Email and given his testimony, which is as follows:

First, let me say that I was not able to vote in the 2004 presidential elections, because I was overseas on work.  So when I returned stateside in March of 2005, I wanted to inform myself as to what had been happening.

In mid April, finding myself with a lot of spare time, I started watching C-Span on cable tv, from my home in the mornings.  When they announced that they were going to rebroadcast the Alan Keyes vs. Barack Obama debates, unedited, I was delighted, because I am an Alan Keyes fan.

In the introduction to the rebroadcast of the debates, the C-Span host noted that C-Span had decided to air them because of the growing interest in Washington, D.C., in Barack Obama.  He also pointed out that C-Span was not airing the version seen in Chicago the previous fall, and which Keyes was  to distribute in diverse media on his website; that C-Span had requested from the TV station in Chicago the unedited tapes of the debate, and that only on C-Span would they be aired.

I watched the entire first and second debates.  I distinctly remember that I had never heard of Obama; my interest was in seeing what Keyes said about the pro-life issue and school vouchers.

At one point in the second debate, Keyes, accused Obama saying, “You are not even a natural born citizen!”

To which Obama immediately replied, “So what? I am running for Illinois Senator, not the presidency.”

At the end of the airing of the second debate, the C-Span host noted, as he read from a single sheet of paper, placed before him, that the Obama Campaign had contacted them and requested them to point out to their viewers that Obama’s response here should not be understood as a denial that he is a natural born citizen, only that Keyes’ accusation had nothing to do with the qualifications of office of a U.S. Senator.

I distinctly remember my dismay at Obama’s response, at that time, concerned why he called the office he was running for “Illinois” senator, but did not call the U.S. Presidency with any distinctive adjective.

I subsequently spoke with Alan Keyes, one evening, by phone, when he appeared on Plains Radio:, in January, I think. I asked him about this exchange; he said he did not remember it; but he did not deny it took place.

The Post & Email notes, that Obama’s response is more telling than it first appears; because you’d expect him to respond, affirming that he is a “natural born citizen”, or at least in saying, “I am running for U.S. Senator from Illinois, not the U.S. Presidency”. This seems to indicate that Obama was emotionally recoiling from this direct question; a question any natural born citizen ought never to have feared.  It certainly seems that Obama knows he is not a natural born citizen, which qualification requires that one be “born in the country of parents who are citizens” of the same (de Vattel, The Law of Nations).

The witness also informs The Post & Email that he is willing to sign and swear to an affidavit regarding what he has communicated above.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #580 on: April 08, 2011, 09:54:24 AM »
Wow! 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #581 on: April 08, 2011, 09:57:59 AM »
And I posted that!   ;D

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #582 on: April 08, 2011, 10:01:22 AM »
Just so you know, I see a couple of problems here and it's probably why the Birther movement isn't pounding the drum as hard as they should.

1.  No actual video has surfaced yet
2.  With no video it's hearsay
3.  Obama doesn't  directly say it when taken in context.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #583 on: April 08, 2011, 10:04:07 AM »
Just so you know, I see a couple of problems here and it's probably why the Birther movement isn't pounding the drum as hard as they should.

1.  No actual video has surfaced yet
2.  With no video it's hearsay
3.  Obama doesn't  directly say it when taken in context.

Yeah but its just like the "My Muslim Faith"  moment.   Leaves a ton o questions.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #584 on: April 08, 2011, 10:07:38 AM »
Yeah but its just like the "My Muslim Faith"  moment.   Leaves a ton o questions.   

We also have to remember that with out a teleprompter Obama is lost.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #585 on: April 08, 2011, 10:08:00 AM »
" the raw footage was, as far as The Post & Email knows, aired only twice by C-Span in April and May of 2005."

The keyes team no doubt VCR'd it right from the C-Span showing.  I'm sure lots of reporters and pundits did too.  

There are copies of it floating around.  hell, CSPAN keeps copies of everything they air.  They have it too.

LOL... contact them, 33... offer to buy it.  :)

I bet you'll hear that same response the BBC said about their 911 footage.  You know, the most important day in news history?  After video emerged of a BBC reporter saying WTC7 had fallen (while it stood in the background), the BBC was contacted by many people for a copy of the footage that day.  Their answer - in this era of hard copy backups, computers, and everything else - was that THEY LOST IT.  They called it a 'cock up' and said they lost all the video from 9/11.

Reminds me of that.  I bet CSPAN had an 'accidental flooding' or 'electrical fire' which specifically destroyed the Keyes debate.  God, people are so fcking stupid :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #586 on: April 08, 2011, 10:09:32 AM »
" the raw footage was, as far as The Post & Email knows, aired only twice by C-Span in April and May of 2005."

The keyes team no doubt VCR'd it right from the C-Span showing.  I'm sure lots of reporters and pundits did too.  

There are copies of it floating around.  hell, CSPAN keeps copies of everything they air.  They have it too.

LOL... contact them, 33... offer to buy it.  :)

I bet you'll hear that same response the BBC said about their 911 footage.  You know, the most important day in news history?  After video emerged of a BBC reporter saying WTC7 had fallen (while it stood in the background), the BBC was contacted by many people for a copy of the footage that day.  Their answer - in this era of hard copy backups, computers, and everything else - was that THEY LOST IT.  They called it a 'cock up' and said they lost all the video from 9/11.

Reminds me of that.  I bet CNN had an 'accidental flooding' or 'electrical fire' which specifically destroyed the Keyes debate.  God, people are so fcking stupid :)

240 - what do you think of Ozmo's article on this?  I'm emailing it to Trump today.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #587 on: April 08, 2011, 10:15:36 AM »
i think it's 2 years old, and if Trump has people 'on the ground' doing detective work, he probably already had this info a week ago. 

and if there is any beef to this birth cert issue  (I think there is, but I don't trust people for shit and believe some other CTs that you dont), i'm guessing Trump has far better material already.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #588 on: April 08, 2011, 10:18:02 AM »
If he's holding a trump card then it may be a matter of timing for him to release it.  But i don't think he has.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #589 on: April 08, 2011, 10:31:29 AM »
If he's holding a trump card then it may be a matter of timing for him to release it.  But i don't think he has.

remember, this is Trump we're talking about.  He's the master of delivering material, keeping an audience, and biding his time.  he's done it marvelously in the past, and I doubt he'll be blowing his load making his case in a week if he can stretch it say, 13 weeks (the length of a tv season again?)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #590 on: April 08, 2011, 10:38:22 AM »
remember, this is Trump we're talking about.  He's the master of delivering material, keeping an audience, and biding his time.  he's done it marvelously in the past, and I doubt he'll be blowing his load making his case in a week if he can stretch it say, 13 weeks (the length of a tv season again?)

Plus, and this is just pure speculation on my part, it would be better to release "positive proof" in the middle of the republican primary a year from now so that he is seen as the candidate with foresight, patriotism and diligence.  if he releases it now, every Newt, Dick, and Mitt will just jump on it and make part of their campaign. 

FarRightLooney

• Getbig II
« Reply #591 on: April 08, 2011, 11:16:02 AM »
I am a Birther. No if's, and's, or but's. Obama is not constitutionally eligible to the Office of President.

However, the exchange between Obama and Keyes did not happen.  For those who have followed this closely from the beginning (I have), this is a old rumor. Keyes has stated that he does not remember the exchange. Back when this rumor first surfaced a specific debate was cited. I have watched that debate from beginning to end (and all others with Keyes/Obama) - it is not there (no I didn't keep track if the video). The debate it was supposed to have occurred in focused on religion.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #592 on: April 08, 2011, 11:20:54 AM »
And I posted that!   ;D

lol.  Uh oh.  Watch it Ozmo.   :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #593 on: April 08, 2011, 11:22:21 AM »
lol.  Uh oh.  Watch it Ozmo.   :D

Beach - do you agree that obama's refusal to release his BC and other records at least adds fuel to this fire?   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #594 on: April 08, 2011, 11:22:54 AM »
Rubio to Trump: Lay off birther issue
By: CNN Political Producer Alexander Mooney

Washington (CNN) - Sen. Marco Rubio, considered to be a rising star in the GOP, has some advice for Donald Trump:
Quit talking about all this birther stuff.

In an interview with the website Daily Caller, the freshman Florida Republican suggested Trump could be a force in the primaries because of his name recognition, but added the business mogul should stick to more weighty issues.

"I would suggest – if he asked for my opinion – not to focus so much on that issue," Rubio said. "There are more important things facing our country. I believe Barack Obama was born in the United States of America …So why are we talking about this?"

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/08/rubio-to-trump-lay-off-birther-issue/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #595 on: April 08, 2011, 11:26:07 AM »
Beach - do you agree that obama's refusal to release his BC and other records at least adds fuel to this fire?   

Sort of, but there isn't much of a fire.  He ought to just release it or confirm it doesn't exist.

But he could just be playing birthers to make them look silly.  Fast forward to summer 2012.  If the Republican nominee is talking about this, and it has already been established by the state that he was born in Hawaii, the nominee will look like a fool. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #596 on: April 08, 2011, 11:30:49 AM »
Sort of, but there isn't much of a fire.  He ought to just release it or confirm it doesn't exist.

But he could just be playing birthers to make them look silly.  Fast forward to summer 2012.  If the Republican nominee is talking about this, and it has already been established by the state that he was born in Hawaii, the nominee will look like a fool. 

I personally think at this point the SS issue is what he is petrified of.   The SS # issue seems like he is DOA on that which opens up a can of worms and he knows that will leads to a disaster for him.     

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #597 on: April 08, 2011, 11:36:55 AM »
I personally think at this point the SS issue is what he is petrified of.   The SS # issue seems like he is DOA on that which opens up a can of worms and he knows that will leads to a disaster for him.     

How so?  What would be the problem if he has a different SSN?  (assuming he doesn't redact the SSN if any documents are released)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #598 on: April 08, 2011, 11:38:36 AM »
How so?  What would be the problem if he has a different SSN?  (assuming he doesn't redact the SSN if any documents are released)

He has a SS # for people born in CT!   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #599 on: April 08, 2011, 11:41:03 AM »
He has a SS # for people born in CT!   

Who has proved this? 

Also, if he does have a different SSN, did he get it before turning 18?  If so, wouldn't his parents be the ones handling that?